Favorite Beatles Album

Gugny

Your Favorite Beatles Album  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beatles album is your favorite (not necessarily which you think is best) and why?

• Please Please Me
    • Meet the Beatles
    • Hard Day's Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • White Album
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let it Be
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (out of order, but I somehow left it out)

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

I haven't seen him live but gave 2 pairs of tickets as gifts for separate concerts to fans who really appreciated it.

What is your favourite part of his catalogue?

Mine are the throwaway masterpieces Good Day Sunshine and For No One, doing his thing while John was doing his.

I like b sides or tunes he really doesn’t play. Don’t care for The warhorses 

15 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

I like b sides or tunes he really doesn’t play. Don’t care for The warhorses 

we've heard them so much.....

a top 40 station ran a Big 500 top pop singles countdown a few years ago, but The Beatles weren't allowed in it, they'd take up 25 of the top 40.

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

The eagle has landed! I've got the White Album Deluxe in my greedy little hands, can't wait to check this out this weekend, especially the 5.1 mix. :thumbsup:

please provide full reviews and impressions....  your views matter to me...

i'd buy now but work is crushing any ability to have full-fledged enjoyable leisure hours to enjoy this.

was there a 50th for We're Only in it for the Money? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

please provide full reviews and impressions....  your views matter to me...

i'd buy now but work is crushing any ability to have full-fledged enjoyable leisure hours to enjoy this.

was there a 50th for We're Only in it for the Money? 

I don’t think so, but I’m pretty sure I have the flacs of some other special edition of it downloaded on one of my hard drives. I’m not a big Mothers fan, my fav Zappa ‘era’ starts with Hot Rats and ends with Joe’s Garage, Act 1.

Edited by Rico
flacs, not flags

why did we have to wait until 2018 for an effort like this for The Beatles?

hard to pick out the best of this crop, the entire Side 3??????????????

Long Long Long is the winner here, finally get to hear it....

my Zappa ends with Apostrophe and includes everything listenable before that

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

Revolution guitar riff is most excellent, on the 50th anniversity

Amazing that it’s 50 years old. These guys were still in the mid to late twenties. Awesome mix

Macca doing his Elvis on you’re so square.

12 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Revolution guitar riff is most excellent, on the 50th anniversity

Amazing that it’s 50 years old. These guys were still in the mid to late twenties. Awesome mix

Macca doing his Elvis on you’re so square.

Oh yes, smiling while listening to it all today.

3 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Helter Skelter is awesome. Macca’s vocals are insane

68 was a very good year for rock. My gosh. My favorites beggars, electric ladyland and the white.

The year itself has a good top 30 albums, I will add Wheels of Fire and Super Session in passing....

They are all my favorite, but I had to vote for Abbey Road.  Notice my avatar.  I also had my photo taken walking across Abbey Road in my bare feet.

The main reason Abbey Road would have to be my "favorite" album is that my favorite song of all time is on that album - Here Comes the Sun.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

They are all my favorite, but I had to vote for Abbey Road.  Notice my avatar.  I also had my photo taken walking across Abbey Road in my bare feet.

The main reason Abbey Road would have to be my "favorite" album is that my favorite song of all time is on that album - Here Comes the Sun.

Nice of George to lend that great song, would have fit fine on the first album of All Things Must  Pass. :D

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

So many great songs on ATMP

It’s scary how great it is, one of the best solo projects to me, actually probably the best on second thought 

Nah, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band wins

On 11/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, row_33 said:

Oh yes, smiling while listening to it all today.

So when is the last time you listened to the original White Album?  How do you listen, speakers or headphones?   I ask because I listened to a couple of the remastered White Album songs and while they sounded good, it was through my son's speakers, which I am not really that familiar with.  I do most of my listening with headphones.   If I wanted to do a comparison I would have to listen to the original a couple of times with headphones before listening to the new release. It has been at least 20 years since I have listened to the original White Album.

I ask the same of anyone else who has the new release.

Listening practices....

these days with well spent $$$ on amped headphones

long time since loudspeakers, often connected in OOPS for that inner zone that lets you these John clearly say the f-word in Hey Jude

The CD and laptop listenings of days oadt allowed for a whole new set of sounds to emerge with the clarity

i preferred mono for The Beatles, the 2018 is the best sound i’ve heard in stereo, there are a lot of bad moments in stereo up till now, even on the 2009

———-

far from an audiophile but my neurasthenic hearing touchiness and rainman tendencies have kept a memorized library of all versions of rock albums and entire symphonies and string quartets on tap when I want to listen internally

• Like (+1) 1