World Cup 2018 Thread

That was rhe best "lob" header ever. Pretty sure it was pure luck, but we used to do lobs all the time in water polo...loved it!

Now 2 headers in like 3 minutes..

fun match

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

That was rhe best "lob" header ever. Pretty sure it was pure luck, but we used to do lobs all the time in water polo...loved it!

Now 2 headers in like 3 minutes..

fun match

That might be the luckiest goal I've ever seen.  But the winner was beautiful so kudos to Belgium.  Need to root for them over Brazil.

Japan vs. Belgium was one heck of a fun soccer game.

I was pulling for Japan, but I hate Brazil and Belgium will give Brazil a much harder time than Japan would have.

Brazil v. Belgium should be a good game; both teams pretty evenly matched.

Tomorrow's games are bit weak; hope we see more good soccer.

On July 1, 2018 at 1:32 PM, bobobonators said:

Russia just showed the world how anti-football is played. 11 players in front of goal for 120minutes. Playing bunker ball as if they were a High School team playing Spain. Embarrassing display. 

Yeh, Spain didn’t play well (hard to do when there are 20 players in a 20yd space on the field) but at least they were trying. 

Russia’s game was simply to do everything except play football. And they got rewarded for it. 

It's called parking the bus and they did it to perfection.

Hate to see teams who play that way rewarded with a win.

Don't worry, it won't last long.  Russia is horrible.

Well, the two teams I'm still rooting for play today...the Swedes and the Brits.  Hope the games are at least interesting.  So far in the knockout stage I haven't watched everything but the France/Argentina and Belgium/Japan games stand out as the most exciting.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Shouldn't all of Switzerland's games end in a draw?

"You know what the fellow said -- in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace -- and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

"You know what the fellow said -- in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace -- and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

Love that movie.

• Like (+1) 1