California (again)

CALIFORNIA: Newsom orders all 40M Californians to stay home in nation’s strictest lockdown.

Here are the core sentences of the order from Governor Newsom:  “To protect public health, I as the State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health order all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, as outlined at https://www.cisa.gov/critical-infrastructure-sectors.  In addition, and in consultation with the Director of the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, I may designate additional sectors as critical in order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians.”

The order goes into effect immediately.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Eh, they're talking about suspending laws regarding court appearances to free inmates. Hell, I'm currently trying to arrange a video re-sentencing of an inmate from a prison on the other side of the state, which is of dubious legality (I got his sentenced overturned on appeal about two weeks ago, so the prison is technically holding an unsentenced inmate, and no one wants to transport him.)

Not nearly as bad as the headline makes it sound.

• Thank you (+1) 1

THE RULING CLASS PAYS NO PRICE WHEN THINGS GO SOUTH: 

Sacramento City Schools Superintendent Aguilar Takes a Big Pay Increase While Schools Closed. 

“According to documents provided by the Sacramento School District, Superintendent Aguilar’s total compensation climbed from $380,692.47 to $414,818, an increase of $34,126 or 9.0% (see below). This does not include Mr. Aguilar’s second salary from UC Merced.”

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE RULING CLASS PAYS NO PRICE WHEN THINGS GO SOUTH: 

Sacramento City Schools Superintendent Aguilar Takes a Big Pay Increase While Schools Closed. 

“According to documents provided by the Sacramento School District, Superintendent Aguilar’s total compensation climbed from $380,692.47 to $414,818, an increase of $34,126 or 9.0% (see below). This does not include Mr. Aguilar’s second salary from UC Merced.”

Just wait to see what his pensions will be.