Trump, Eagles, TSW TDS goes all in !

35 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't confuse 'accepting trolling as a political way of life' with 'thank God Hillary isn't president, and oh, hey, look at the liberals pissing their pants every day.'

Everything else you wrote is based on the false premise that people like Nugent, Rush and Jones represent me. The only person who represents me is me. As a far left progressive, you simply are unable to grasp the concept of independent thought. It's okay. You're surrounded by many just like you.

I knew you would say that.  Samantha Bee represents me, no more than Ted Nugent represents you.

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Do you think I have spent one second of my life defending or excusing what Roseanne said?  

Of course not.  Because it was disgusting to anyone with a brain.  The same way I don't defend every Limbaugh soundbyte.  I'm not a foot soldier for the Looney Tunes.  Defending Sam Bee while condemning Trump's comments makes you a hypocrite loser who deserves to be called out.

When did I defend Samantha Bee?  You are confusing me with someone else. Your doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing, and you are wrong. 

Edited by Buftex

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I knew you would say that.  Samantha Bee represents me, no more than Ted Nugent represents you.

When did I defend Samantha Bee?  You are confusing me with someone else. 

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the collective "you."

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

yes.

but it's only a football game, it's purely a leisure pursuit spending of time.

nothing of consequence comes from it, you watch it and sometimes you don't feel totally ripped off, then you go back to real life

Someone should remind the president of that.  It is his distraction/talking point for this week, and football isn't even in season right now. 

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the collective "you."

at least on this board try to remember we are individuals....

you have about 0.0 percent grounds to talk about what other people think and do in their life.... creating straw men is a total waste of your obvious intellect

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you have about 0.0 percent grounds to talk about what other people think and do in their life.... creating straw men is a total waste of your obvious intellect

The folks who defend Sam Bee's comments while condemning political rivals for language/lack of class are who I was referring to.  My mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The White House visit has long been considered an honor for championship teams.  Athletes who choose not to attend for political reasons have historically gotten crushed in the media for doing so.  

The Eagles attempted to embarrass a sitting President with whom a majority of them disagree with.  And now they are a target of his ire and fanbase.  

As much as I don't want to give credit to DC Tom here, more precisely, it was individual players, not the team.

As Malcolm Jenkins put it (to paraphrase) "If I was invited to a party by someone who was known to say sexist and racist things, and I declined to go, I don't think people would make a big deal about that. I don't know how being president changes that."

This was SUPPOSED to be a celebration of them, for them. They were under no obligation to go. 

So when the team management attempted to alter the schedule to salve Trump's ego, that was the OPPOSITE of trying to embarrass him. I listed to Schefter this morning, and his take was "the Eagles tried to hand him an out, and he shoved it back in their faces"

The embarrassment is in how our President reacted: childish, whiny fury. If you actually read the responses the players put out (especially Malcolm Jenkins) they come across as thoughtful, well spoken and moral. Which is more than I can say for this administration.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The folks who defend Sam Bee's comments while condemning political rivals for language/lack of class are who I was referring to.  My mistake.

it was gross and incredibly disrespectful and what goes around comes around..... her comments and people acting like this is Einstein miraculous year of publications 2.0

Edited by row_33

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

As much as I don't want to give credit to DC Tom here, more precisely, it was individual players, not the team.

As Malcolm Jenkins put it (to paraphrase) "If I was invited to a party by someone who was known to say sexist and racist things, and I declined to go, I don't think people would make a big deal about that. I don't know how being president changes that."

This was SUPPOSED to be a celebration of them, for them. They were under no obligation to go. 

So when the team management attempted to alter the schedule to salve Trump's ego, that was the OPPOSITE of trying to embarrass him. I listed to Schefter this morning, and his take was "the Eagles tried to hand him an out, and he shoved it back in their faces"

The embarrassment is in how our President reacted: childish, whiny fury. If you actually read the responses the players put out (especially Malcolm Jenkins) they come across as thoughtful, well spoken and moral. Which is more than I can say for this administration.

The media has LONG dictated otherwise.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7495441/tim-thomas-picked-wrong-time-make-statement

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1037288-tim-thomas-the-ugly-truth-behind-his-white-house-refusal

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/susan-milligan/2012/01/27/tim-thomass-white-house-snub-wasnt-brave-just-rude

Some choice quotes for ya:

"Thomas, the star goaltender for the Boston Bruins, was invited to the White House for the customary presidential congratulations for winning the Stanley Cup last year. This is an apolitical event, one that is extended to Super Bowl and World Series winners as well. It's meant as nothing more than as a gift to the athletes, since the president—no matter who is in the Oval Office—probably has better things to do with his time than congratulate athletes, especially when the team is not from the commander-in-chief's home town.

Going to the White House is a special event for any American. It is a building that belongs to the people, after all, a building that represents our democracy. The occupant of the building is there temporarily. The symbolism and sheer beauty of the White House is permanent."

"There are a lot of people who believe that if there was a Republican in the White House, perhaps Tim Thomas would not have felt so inclined to make such a strong statement. But, that is irrelevant really. Because, to reiterate, Tim Thomas, the INDIVIDUAL, was never invited. Tim Thomas, the Boston Bruins goalie, was.

Now, if Thomas was a real man, he would have gone to the Boston Bruins management and ownership, returned the money from his contract and quit the balance of it by retiring–so he could exercise his rights as a free citizen.

You see, I am all for exercising your rights. I am all against abusing them. And Tim Thomas abused those rights.

There are soldiers who fought and died so that Thomas would have the right, as a free citizen, to freely choose to sign a contract worth millions and millions of dollars with the Boston Bruins. Included in that contract would be his obligations to represent the Boston Bruins in public. Unless I am sadly mistaken, there was no clause in there which stated that Thomas would not have to represent the Boston Bruins if it involved a trip to the White House."

"There's no denying Thomas' patriotism. He represented Team USA as an Olympian and has called it one of his most memorable moments of his career.

But when the president of the United States invites you and all your teammates to the White House to honor your Stanley Cup championship, you go and represent the team.

On Monday, Thomas instead chose to represent himself."

Oh no.  Oh no no no no no.

This kills the Eagle.

Edited by BringBackOrton

10 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

And not a single trumptard can admit that Obama is responsible for all of it. The republicans f'd up the economy 10 years ago. It took Obama 8 years to fix it. Now Captain Stupid is the benefactor of Obamas hard work. Now go back to fornicating with your sister, your mother, and your livestock trumptards. Yee haw. Another inbred is on the way. One more vote for the trump family. Probably that moron Barron. If that kid isnt a product of serious inbreeding I dont know who is.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the greatest gift that Trump has given us: The permanent lefty meltdown.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Liberals get lumped in as one group and generalized about 30 times a day on this board. 

• Like (+1) 1

and do they REALLY REALLY REALLY want to GO THERE against Conservatives, we are the brains of productions and engineering and real comedy.........

we will hit so hard in return....

8 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Liberals get lumped in as one group and generalized about 30 times a day on this board. 

the media is in goosestep on the same one-string banjo and people are following along without thinking at all....

there really is no conservative "internationale"

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I would only argue, as crude or as classless as Bees language may have been, she was making a relevant point, which you can agree or disagree with.  The presidents daughter is a prominent figure in his administration, and has proven to be continually ineffective at adding a voice to the administration, which is very evident that her father continually talks, and tries to implement policies that are in direct opposition to her supposed positions. (But, hell, he even does that to himself!)  So, to say she is "feckless" for the point she was making, is appropriate. It would have been better to leave out the "c" word...

Roseanne was just making a racist comment, which has no merit at all.  You know (I hope) that the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes did not have a baby...she was trying to imply that Valerie Jarrett was the offspring of terrorist and apes. She should have been condemned for that ignorance.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I would only argue, as crude or as classless as Bees language may have been, she was making a relevant point, which you can agree or disagree with.  The presidents daughter is a prominent figure in his administration, and has proven to be continually ineffective at adding a voice to the administration, which is very evident that her father continually talks, and tries to implement policies that are in direct opposition to her supposed positions. (But, hell, he even does that to himself!)  So, to say she is "feckless" for the point she was making, is appropriate. It would have been better to leave out the "c" word...

Roseanne was just making a racist comment, which has no merit at all.  You know (I hope) that the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes did not have a baby...she was trying to imply that Valerie Jarrett was the offspring of terrorist and apes. She should have been condemned for that ignorance.

No, see.  There you go.  

"Well, she had a point you see......."  No.

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The media has LONG dictated otherwise.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7495441/tim-thomas-picked-wrong-time-make-statement

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1037288-tim-thomas-the-ugly-truth-behind-his-white-house-refusal

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/susan-milligan/2012/01/27/tim-thomass-white-house-snub-wasnt-brave-just-rude

Some choice quotes for ya:

"Thomas, the star goaltender for the Boston Bruins, was invited to the White House for the customary presidential congratulations for winning the Stanley Cup last year. This is an apolitical event, one that is extended to Super Bowl and World Series winners as well. It's meant as nothing more than as a gift to the athletes, since the president—no matter who is in the Oval Office—probably has better things to do with his time than congratulate athletes, especially when the team is not from the commander-in-chief's home town.

Going to the White House is a special event for any American. It is a building that belongs to the people, after all, a building that represents our democracy. The occupant of the building is there temporarily. The symbolism and sheer beauty of the White House is permanent."

"There are a lot of people who believe that if there was a Republican in the White House, perhaps Tim Thomas would not have felt so inclined to make such a strong statement. But, that is irrelevant really. Because, to reiterate, Tim Thomas, the INDIVIDUAL, was never invited. Tim Thomas, the Boston Bruins goalie, was.

Now, if Thomas was a real man, he would have gone to the Boston Bruins management and ownership, returned the money from his contract and quit the balance of it by retiring–so he could exercise his rights as a free citizen.

You see, I am all for exercising your rights. I am all against abusing them. And Tim Thomas abused those rights.

There are soldiers who fought and died so that Thomas would have the right, as a free citizen, to freely choose to sign a contract worth millions and millions of dollars with the Boston Bruins. Included in that contract would be his obligations to represent the Boston Bruins in public. Unless I am sadly mistaken, there was no clause in there which stated that Thomas would not have to represent the Boston Bruins if it involved a trip to the White House."

"There's no denying Thomas' patriotism. He represented Team USA as an Olympian and has called it one of his most memorable moments of his career.

But when the president of the United States invites you and all your teammates to the White House to honor your Stanley Cup championship, you go and represent the team.

On Monday, Thomas instead chose to represent himself."

Oh no.  Oh no no no no no.

This kills Eagle.

Really? This is the first I heard of it.

I heard nothing when a bunch of the Patriots chose not to go last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't confuse 'accepting trolling as a political way of life' with 'thank God Hillary isn't president, and oh, hey, look at the liberals pissing their pants every day.'

Everything else you wrote is based on the false premise that people like Nugent, Rush and Jones represent me. The only person who represents me is me. As a far left progressive, you simply are unable to grasp the concept of independent thought. It's okay. You're surrounded by many just like you.

That's because they embrace dehumanizing identity politics bull ****.  People aren't real to progressives.  Only archetypes are.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, see.  There you go.  

"Well, she had a point you see......."  No.

Uh, yes.  

But, I wouldn't expect you to see the difference.

Edited by Buftex

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Really? This is the first I heard of it.

I heard nothing when a bunch of the Patriots chose not to go last year. 

Well, I was alive in 2011, so I remember.

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Uh, yes.  

The correct answer was "regardless of the point Sam Bee was trying to make, her language was classless, gross, and unacceptable"

But after protesting that you aren't a liberal defending Sam B, you defended Sam B.  Inject it into my veins!

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the greatest gift that Trump has given us: The permanent lefty meltdown.

A worse meltdown than we see everyday with Trump on twitter? LOL, no, that's the funniest meltdown, and you guys then start repeating his lies, nonsense and crap.