Eric Moulds

pm73

i don't get to the wall as much as i'd like to so this may have been suggested before. it may open me up to getting flamed but i'm curious to know the other waller's opinions.

with all the steroid talk in baseball that has been going on, i've been listening to alot of "experts" talk about the effects it has on an athletes abillity and also the negative impact it can have on their body.

looking at the way Eric Mould's career has gone, it would seem to suggest to me that he has at least dabbled with some kind of HGH.

first, he comes into the league young and underdeveloped. after two years of pretty much zero contribution, he comes back in '98 to post all pro numbers and put himself in the elite WRs of the league. not to mention a physique that only David Boston could outdo. after a couple more years of brilliant production, he was quietly tied to BALCO, the company that was found to be providing steroids to athletes. this kind of sprouted up quickly and went away just as fast saying that he was just...endorsing their products? (i think thats right), but the fact that Moulds was involved with them in whatever capacity, shows that the opportunity was there.

now, since that BALCO connection was uncovered, he has not been the same reciever. his numbers are down, he is often injured and it just seems to be too much of a coincidence. if i am wrong with some of my facts, set me straight. but as of now, i can't help but believe that the peak of Moulds career was due to some sort of HGH.

ok, beat me down.

What leads you to believe that almost every NFL player is NOT on steroids of one type or another?

Call me crazy, but I dont see how a person can develop a body like C. Bennett or Andre Reed. How about Bruce? How much did he weigh when he entered the NFL?

Whatever it was, something caused Ruben Brown to lose approx. 30 lbs, or so it would seem.

This is not to single out Bills. Does Seau look like he has a "natural" build?

Like I said, I am guessing that almost all of them either have dabbled with, or are consistently taking roids.

For what little it is worth, I am friends with a doctor who performs drug tests. He told me that not all roid users have 20 inch arms, etc., and that there are thousands of different types, as well as drugs to hide them on test results.

Andy Petit has a normal body with tree trunk thighs. Alphonso Soriano hit what, 40 home runs for the Yankees? Cynical perhaps, but I dont see this stuff as an accident.

Oh my god will you people get of the roids. Players will do as much as they can to gain an edge without getting caught. It has nothing to do with Mould's having a better third year than his first two, he is going through the normal progression of an NFL widereciever. Plus HGH was not illegal then so more power to him. His declining numbers also have a lot to do with the teams that the bills have fielded around moulds.

What leads you to believe that almost every NFL player is NOT on steroids of one type or another?

Call me crazy, but I dont see how a person can develop a body like C. Bennett or Andre Reed. How about Bruce? How much did he weigh when he entered the NFL?

Whatever it was, something caused Ruben Brown to lose approx. 30 lbs, or so it would seem.

This is not to single out Bills. Does Seau look like he has a "natural" build?

Like I said, I am guessing that almost all of them either have dabbled with, or are consistently taking roids.

276206[/snapback]

If you eat right, take supplements, and have the luxury of being able to work out at least 4 hours a day it isn't that hard.

speaking of steroids, today on Mike and Mike, they stated that MLB's "mandatory" 10 day suspension for first failed test may be substituted for a $10,000 fine. They averaged it out - an AVERAGE 10 day suspension would cost a player $180,000. They are ALREADY backing down.

Does Seau look like he has a "natural" build?

276206[/snapback]

Yes, actually. Seau does have a natural build. Your point is invalid. Not everyone in the NFL uses ROIDS. Some realize that destroying your body for a few good years is not worth it. Besides, the best players of all time (Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Steve Largent) the list could go on and one... never touched the stuff.

Yes, actually.  Seau does have a natural build.  Your point is invalid.  Not everyone in the NFL uses ROIDS.  Some realize that destroying your body for a few good years is not worth it.  Besides, the best players of all time (Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Steve Largent) the list could go on and one... never touched the stuff.

276231[/snapback]

You left Lawrence Taylor off your list. Any special reason?

speaking of steroids, today on Mike and Mike, they stated that MLB's "mandatory" 10 day suspension for first failed test may be substituted for a $10,000 fine. They averaged it out - an AVERAGE 10 day suspension would cost a player $180,000. They are ALREADY backing down.

276230[/snapback]

Is this a fact? If so, it is just further proof that the owners condone steroid use.

Any way you slice it, 500 foot home runs do sell tickets, advertisements, etc.

Is this a fact? If so, it is just further proof that the owners condone steroid use.

Any way you slice it, 500 foot home runs do sell tickets, advertisements, etc.

276247[/snapback]

I guess skinny mike and dan patrick talked about it yesterday. It's a pretty big story. I'm sure it'll be on SC tonight. That, and te congressional hearing starts tomorrow.

I guess skinny mike and dan patrick talked about it yesterday. It's a pretty big story. I'm sure it'll be on SC tonight. That, and te congressional hearing starts tomorrow.

276253[/snapback]

Maybe some clarification. I listened this morning, and what I heard was Greenie asking whether the policy was suspension or fine. Golic then read the old policy and it was written as "this penalty or that penalty" He then read the current policy and there was no wiggle room. The policy was not written with any "or" statements. I think that they were confused yesterday.

Yes, every player that improves themselves or has a breakout year or loses weight and gets stronger or is big and muscular is on some sort of steroids. :blink: C'mon people. I've lost 15 lbs in the last week and a half and have gained major muscle toneness by eating right and working out daily in my garage. Now what do you think PROFESSIONAL athletes with trainers can do. Look at Brad Pitt in Troy. I suppose he was on steroids too. Give it a rest. The suspicions of everybody is getting rediculous. B-)

I am so glad to hear so many of you know who does and who doesn't.....For christ sake, "I know Seau is pure, I know (fill in th bank) uses so many 'roids he no longer has penis." Come on if major sports leagues really want to know and if their players unions really want to let them know, the leagues would institute IOC type testing and standard updates and reviews.

This won't happen.