Eric Moulds

pm73

I am so glad to hear so many of you know who does and who doesn't.....For christ sake, "I know Seau is pure, I know (fill in th bank) uses so many 'roids he no longer has  penis."  Come on if major sports leagues really want to know and if their players unions really want to let them know, the leagues would institute IOC type testing and standard updates and reviews.

This won't happen.

276316[/snapback]

You of course are correct.

The sports leagues give a wink of approval to steroid use, so all we can do is speculate.

i don't get to the wall as much as i'd like to so this may have been suggested before.  it may open me up to getting flamed but i'm curious to know the other waller's opinions.

with all the steroid talk in baseball that has been going on, i've been listening to alot of "experts" talk about the effects it has on an athletes abillity and also the negative impact it can have on their body.

looking at the way Eric Mould's career has gone, it would seem to suggest to me that he has at least dabbled with some kind of HGH.

first, he comes into the league young and underdeveloped.  after two years of pretty much zero contribution, he comes back in '98 to post all pro numbers and put himself in the elite WRs of the league. not to mention a physique that only David Boston could outdo.  after a couple more years of brilliant production, he was quietly tied to BALCO, the company that was found to be providing steroids to athletes.  this kind of sprouted up quickly and went away just as fast saying that he was just...endorsing their products? (i think thats right), but the fact that Moulds was involved with them in whatever capacity, shows that the opportunity was there. 

now, since that BALCO connection was uncovered, he has not been the same reciever.  his numbers are down, he is often injured and it just seems to be too much of a coincidence.  if i am wrong with some of my facts, set me straight.  but as of now, i can't help but believe that the peak of Moulds career was due to some sort of HGH.

ok, beat me down.

276193[/snapback]

I'm not surprised that very few if anyone on this thread has taken it as an opportunity to beat you down and I think most fans are concerned about steroids be it out of prurient interest. concern about rule-breakers, worry for favorite athletes or what have you. It all ends up in the same place which is wondering who is doing what.

I also think that most of us like you really have no real clue has to who is doing what. The thoughts that you have about Moulds and the reasons why his career has taken the track it has are certainly so far from conclusive that they really are not even indicative of steroid use.

The BALCO incidents had clear indications that head toward conclusive evidence that there are people who say they have injected specific substances into specific athletes. This is substantiated by receipts, lists that name dates and amounts and these numbers can be checked against reality. This led to people being forced to testify and put under oath because they could not demonstate that they were not in the place alleged at the specific date and time.

Still in a society in which folks are innocent until proven guilty this suspicion based on reality needs to be grudgingly pursued and followed up to establish the truth.

This is so far from what you provide which is not related to specifics but based on TV and newspaper observations by a seeming layman of a chain of occurences

that it is not even a real indication of HGH or steroid use that it has not inspired much flaming at all.

Folks are very interested in whether an athlete used/abused steroids and probably hope that ypu pr someoe else presents something when you have something real.