Should Tommy Robinson be freed?

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, the eurosissy comes out and talks about square kilometers but your arguments are as feeble as your brain. Why don't you compare the UK to Michigan?

:lol: Oh yah, picturesque Dearborn...  I'd send Joesixpack there for about a month of R&R.

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Charlie hebdo doesn’t happen if you don’t tolerate the existence of Islam in the West. Charlie hebdo has done many MANY more and worse criticisms of Catholicism  yet no Catholics came and shot the place up. The problem doesn’t lie with free speech. It lies in tolerance of Islam. 

Of course!  because your solution to every-f___ing thing is intolerance...  If it's not white, Christian, and 100% committed to staying that way, -attack it.

What happens  when your favorite niece converts for the man she loves, and dons a hijab at no-pork family barbecues?

How will you explain your stance to your muslim, bi-racial great nephews? :)

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yeah, !@#$ that.

No thanks.

th?id=OIP.iFKIDoRhJcBs6BF-mZJ_SAHaFi&pid

Same thing as Pathmark, A&P, Kroger, or Albertsons.... Just no pork chops.

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

What happens  when your favorite niece converts for the man she loves, and dons a hijab at no-pork family barbecues?

Then I'll wish her luck when her husband beats her, treats her like garbage and she's relegated to second-class status.

Good for her.

You're so easy to read. If it's brown, it's virtuous. If it's white, it's not. Just the typical liberal beta self-loathing, really. Kind of sad man. No one that thinks like you has EVER provided me with a good reason why I should tolerate an ideology that stands in complete opposition to everything I believe in.

Not one. And I doubt you'll be the first to do so.

Edited by joesixpack

I think Tommy's vigilance against the grooming gangs has been heroic at times.

I wish him a speedy departure from the clink.

For my part, I hope the UK finds a balance that works. I've had tons of fun there over the years, and I'd like my friends to be safe.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, joesixpack said:

No one that thinks like you has EVER provided me with a good reason why I should tolerate an ideology that stands in complete opposition to everything I believe in.

Because that's what tolerance is, in it's purest form.... That said, I never claimed it was easy.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:46 PM, #34fan said:

:huh: No compromise?

I mean is the notion of 100% free speech worth armed conflict?... -There's an argument for the whole concept being both disingenuous AND overrated.

In the US we're raised with the notion of free speech as a shining Ideal, but travel abroad, and you'll find it's considered silly in ALOT of places.

You may also find that the people in some of these places remain happy regardless.

My personal take is that the balance lies somewhere in between...

The English are nothing if not reasonable... -To a fault, often... Who's to say that a little LESS free speech on both sides won't aide respectful coexistence?

FTR, that means locking-up the extremist calling for jihad and the killing of UK/U.S. military personnel IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunately, it also means jailing the hot Canadian blonde outside the mosque with the blasphemous poster.

Given the UK's situation, that seems to be the better course.

You ever read something and have that involuntary "oh no" visceral response?

This is it.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

I tolerate the ones that don't involve me much better than I do the others.

When they came for the...

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

This is it.

When they came for the...

As a doctor, does it bother you when you run into someone who has already had a lobotomy?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Was just wondering if you were cool with tiki torches is all.

Sure I am. -However, they might make cross-lighting trickier for you.

14 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Religious intolerance puts you on the same level as the Muslim extremists you despise.

Go to the UK and witness the close proximities in which Asian Muslims co-exist with British secular protestants, and ethno-Europeans.

You can go to France and witness a similar dynamic... Conflict would be like a fight in a bathroom stall... Brutal, and VERY messy.

The fact is, the UK is already implementing concepts similar to the ones I describe, and have been doing so for a while..

That said, Tommy Robinson is an important voice in UK public opinion... His opinions are consistent with thought on the minds of many UK citizens.

The circumstances surrounding Tommy's jailing seem questionable at best... While I support lines being drawn in terms of religious inflammatory speech, I'm not for

silencing the moderate voices of the protestant British working-class. (see red-pill Phil)

16 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Sure I am. -However, they might make cross-lighting trickier for you.

Religious intolerance puts you on the same level as the Muslim extremists you despise.

Go to the UK and witness the close proximities in which Asian Muslims co-exist with British secular protestants, and ethno-Europeans.

You can go to France and witness a similar dynamic... Conflict would be like a fight in a bathroom stall... Brutal, and VERY messy.

The fact is, the UK is already implementing concepts similar to the ones I describe, and have been doing so for a while..

That said, Tommy Robinson is an important voice in UK public opinion... His opinions are consistent with thought on the minds of many UK citizens.

The circumstances surrounding Tommy's jailing seem questionable at best... While I support lines being drawn in terms of religious inflammatory speech, I'm not for

silencing the moderate voices of the protestant British working-class. (see red-pill Phil)

First of all, no.

You're arguing for tolerating intolerance.  Which is the only thing you can't tolerate, if you're anti-intolerance. Dope.

Second, arguing for a modicum of peace by giving up our fundamental and inalienable rights is so foreign to the nation that you've been blessed to be born in.  It's anathema to everything that the USA was built on.

Third, anyone who argues that they will only tolerate things that don't affect them directly has a fundamental misunderstanding of the rights of man and why they are so important.  Dope

Fourth, my visceral response to your post was due to the fact that I know you aren't alone.  There are hundreds of thousands of ignorant folks like yourself with your misguided convictions and that's why I fear for our country and the future you will build for it.  

Fascism doesn't gain support from the population because they love evil dudes with absolute power.  It gains support because the population views it as necessary for peace, security, prosperity or what have you.  These populations are proven wrong, over and over again throughout history.  You want to be the 10 millionth person to make the same mistake.  It's distressing.  I suspect it's human nature at its core, but that proves to be no comfort watching it fester and grow before my eyes.

In summary, you make me want to get on the short list to get in Greggy's underground bunker.  

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

First of all, no.

You're arguing for tolerating intolerance.  Which is the only thing you can't tolerate, if you're anti-intolerance. Dope.

Second, arguing for a modicum of peace by giving up our fundamental and inalienable rights is so foreign to the nation that you've been blessed to be born in.  It's anathema to everything that the USA was built on.

Third, anyone who argues that they will only tolerate things that don't affect them directly has a fundamental misunderstanding of the rights of man and why they are so important.  Dope

Fourth, my visceral response to your post was due to the fact that I know you aren't alone.  There are hundreds of thousands of ignorant folks like yourself with your misguided convictions and that's why I fear for our country and the future you will build for it.  

Fascism doesn't gain support from the population because they love evil dudes with absolute power.  It gains support because the population views it as necessary for peace, security, prosperity or what have you.  These populations are proven wrong, over and over again throughout history.  You want to be the 10 millionth person to make the same mistake.  It's distressing.  I suspect it's human nature at its core, but that proves to be no comfort watching it fester and grow before my eyes.

In summary, you make me want to get on the short list to get in Greggy's underground bunker.  

Hey Shmuckface!

You realize this conversation isn't about middle America, or whatever sterile, wretched, penniless 'burg you call home right?

We are talking specifically about the UK and Western European issues... Places with very different populations, that face very different realities. Realities that

require different approaches. The discussion we're having about Tommy Robinson and UK politics shouldn't be seen through the prism of the U.S. constitution,

and the rights we as Americans see as inalienable.  I realize how the sheer density of your average Trumptard, right-wing jerk-off makes that difficult, but while

you're here, I'd encourage you to at least TRY to follow the f__king conversation... If you should find that difficult, shutting the f__k up is always a good option.

-Thanks, douchebag!

Edited by #34fan

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Hey Shmuckface!

You realize this conversation isn't about middle America, or whatever sterile, wretched, penniless 'burg you call home right?

We are talking specifically about the UK and Western European issues... Places with very different populations, that face very different realities. Realities that

require different approaches. The discussion we're having about Tommy Robinson and UK politics shouldn't be seen through the prism of the U.S. constitution,

and the rights we as Americans see as inalienable.  I realize how the sheer density of your average Trumptard, right-wing jerk-off makes that difficult, but while

you're here, I'd encourage you to at least TRY to follow the f__king conversation... If you should find that difficult, shutting the f__k up is always a good option.

-Thanks, douchebag!

@BringBackOrton Don't listen to this twerp.  Post as much as you want, on whatever subject you want.  I suggest mixed marriage or Naziism, as it really gets dipshit's blood boiling...but really, any topic will be fine, as he's equally ignorant on all things.

26 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Hey Shmuckface!

-Thanks, douchebag!

They are called the rights of man.  Not the rights of Americans.  You ignorant !@#$.