NFL.com Projects 2019 Compensatory Picks

26 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

what player did they trade the was a 2 time pro bowler?

Dareus

Why are you placing random metrics to my argument as if it will invalidate my point if someone hasn't' made two pro bowls? We need a speed receiver still, yet we traded Sammy for a second. We got a 5th for Dareus, but you wouldn't trade Ducasse, DiMarco and Holmes for a 3rd? It's just interesting to me that some people don't have integrity to their logic if it supports what the Bills have done. I 

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

Dareus

Why are you placing random metrics to my argument as if it will invalidate my point if someone hasn't' made two pro bowls? We need a speed receiver still, yet we traded Sammy for a second. We got a 5th for Dareus, but you wouldn't trade Ducasse, DiMarco and Holmes for a 3rd? It's just interesting to me that some people don't have integrity to their logic if it supports what the Bills have done. I 

We were lucky to get a 5th for Dareus the way he has played in recent years and with his contract.

With Ducasse we didn't have a starting Guard, that's kinda a problem don't you think?

The fact Miller was so bad he didn't even make the game roster most weeks shows how desperate we were for a Guard last season

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

Dareus

We were completely right to get rid of Watkins. We would never have signed him to the contract the Chiefs did. Was 1 year of Sammy Watkins really worth a 2nd round pick and a year of EJ Gaines? No chance.

22 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m starting to wonder if the front office even cares about compensatory picks at all. Should be the highest of priorities...

No.. They are doing it on purpose to piss off the comp pick nazis like you 

On 5/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, artmalibu said:

Specifically with the Pats tell us how the Pats will be better with the 3rd and 6th round picks they gained when they lost:

Nate Solder-  franchise left tackle

Danny Amendola - sure handed WR with 660 yards of receptions and was a better than average punt returner.  Some evaluators had him at the 8th most valuable at punt returns

Malcom Butler-  starting CB who made the play to win a SB, helped shut down the falcons to win another and was not on the field that may have cost them another SB win.

Dion Lewis- produced over 1,100 yards 

And dont forget to tell us what the Bills should have done to get these picks

Nate Solder was paid a ransom fron NY Giants, never voted to pro bowl

Danny Amendola will be 32 when tc starts, Endermann comes back from injury to replace him.

Malcom Butler is 5 foot 9, larger WRs ate him alive this year. Look at the salary he got.

Dion Lewis was they only loss that they might not have a answer to. But got super large contract but does have some injury issues.

59 minutes ago, dogbyte said:

Nate Solder was paid a ransom fron NY Giants, never voted to pro bowl

Danny Amendola will be 32 when tc starts, Endermann comes back from injury to replace him.

Malcom Butler is 5 foot 9, larger WRs ate him alive this year. Look at the salary he got.

Dion Lewis was they only loss that they might not have a answer to. But got super large contract but does have some injury issues.

So you make a weak attempt in discrediting 4 starters...  Now how can you say they are in a better place with the picks and not the starters.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:59 AM, Shotgunner said:

The only thing that is tough about that much cap space is you have to land a top tier/elite guy or else you end up paying Derrick Dockery or Charles Clay waaayyyyy too much.

I have faith in The Beane, but he will be in another pressure cooker next year.

Or they can pay a fair rate to a player on the upswing or with something to prove, who isn't seen as a "top" FA, and roll the rest of the money over to the following year.   The Bills don't have to use all or most of the cap money available in 2019.  Also, they have 9 picks in the 2019 draft.  And we all know Beane is up for a trade at any time.

At this point, I wouldn't be concerned about him acquiring talent or the use of funds to do so.  I think the Bills are in great position in 2019 because they can go many directions to get the team better and still have a mint of cap space.

Edited by purple haze

On 5/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, artmalibu said:

So you make a weak attempt in discrediting 4 starters...  Now how can you say they are in a better place with the picks and not the starters.

I never said they were better off with picks, rather than starters. But would you have tied those contracts to the team payroll. Those contacts would of put them in a bind next year. Would you have made Nate Solder the highest paid left tackle in the NFL?

What about the contracts that MB and Ammadola received? If you have players that can replace them you have to move on.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:20 PM, artmalibu said:

Edited by dogbyte
Spelling errors