Cover1 - Tremaine Edmunds post draft video

25 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Agreed. He has a big "tackle radius." (Which isn't a thing, but should be.)

I HAVE heard his style of tackling used as a criticism, however. Maybe on draft night? He's a grabber, someone said, rather than a hitter. 

Film I saw, looked to me like he had some big crushing hits.  I think we should go ask the recipients if they thought it was just hugging.

I don't see why the ability to hang on and make tackles other guys would have broken should be a criticism.

As I see it, having this set of physical tools at the position allows us to play a more diverse set of defensive schemes. Instead of trying to protect a LB who can't run (e.g., with safety help), we can allow 'maine to go one-on-one against a back or tight end in coverage and use the help elsewhere. He's also really good as a blitzer with his size and speed.

BTW - I'm a Virginia Tech season ticket holder so I watched pretty much every game Tremaine played in college. I wouldn't consider him a big hitter or "nasty punisher" type. But, he is a very reliable tackler in space when one-on-one. I can't remember ever seeing him completely whiff on a guy (although I do remember a blown coverage or two).

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, JaxBills said:

When was the last time a six foot five 255-pound 4.5 linebacker who was 19 years old, was in the draft?

(With tape that shows he learns IN game)

The fact the kid wasn't a top-five pick and we got him is astounding

I love the pick but MLB's don't go that high ever. Its just one of those positions not coveted by teams like they used to be

On that note would love to see his first play against gronk be a slant and Edmunds take his head clean off!

Edited by Wsam4031

I have stored this video along side my Jenna Jameson collection considering the similar reaction that occurs when I watch them.

12 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Agreed. He has a big "tackle radius." (Which isn't a thing, but should be.)

I HAVE heard his style of tackling used as a criticism, however. Maybe on draft night? He's a grabber, someone said, rather than a hitter. 

He's a sure tackler no doubt. His amazing speed is the difference maker. I rather see him make a sure tackle on a player for a loss of yardage than a big hit on a player after a 7 yard gain. 

• Haha (+1) 1