Bills are the Boston Celtics of the NFL. And don't sleep on Andre Holmes

14 minutes ago, stony said:

Celts have loads of young talent, and quite possibly the best coach in the NBA.  I love the optimism, but the Bills have neither of those.  

Loads?

Josh Allen

Tre White

Edmunds

Dawkins 

A bunch more that could easily make the leap. 

Celts are winning with zero household names. Play amazing TEAM ball 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

So Micah Hyde is Terry Rozier ? 

We don’t have a Jason Tatum.    

Tre White

If Josh Allen can be Rozier, a largely unknown commodity that got elevated due to injury and exceeds expectations, we have something special brewing here folks.

Edited by JerseyBills

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Loads?

Josh Allen

Tre White

Edmunds

Dawkins 

A bunch more that could easily make the leap. 

Celts are winning with zero household names. Play amazing TEAM ball 

Two of those guys have never played a snap in league.  

The Celts have multiple top 5 picks in their early 20s playing huge minutes.  Tatum, Brown, Smart etc.  

Edited by stony

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Um. Talking 2018 version. Past is irrelevant to the topic.

As someone who follows the Celtics almost as closely as I follow the Bills... compare 2013 Cs vs 2017 Bills and go from there. It’s not that dissimilar in terms of the rebuilding process. They were supposed to tank. But didn’t. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Um. Talking 2018 version. Past is irrelevant to the topic.

I like McDermott but Brad Stevens is on s different level as of RN

Taking Butler to back TO back National Championship games with ZERO 5* recruits. Then going to the Celtics who were terrible and doing what he’s doing this year is unbelievable 

Let’s see what the Bills can do this year and when McDermott can take us to the verge of the conference finals

still a good coach though

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

As someone who follows the Celtics almost as closely as I follow the Bills... compare 2013 Cs vs 2017 Bills and go from there. It’s not that dissimilar in terms of the rebuilding process. They were supposed to tank. But didn’t. 

That's actually a great point.

My argument is if you looked at this roster with no Kyrie or Hayward this off-season, you see a team that has no shot at a title, on paper. That's how Buf is viewed, no shot , on paper, which doesn't account for the coaching and culture of the team.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Taking Butler to back TO back National Championship games with ZERO 5* recruits. Then going to the Celtics who were terrible and doing what he’s doing this year is unbelievable 

Let’s see what the Bills can do this year and when McDermott can take us to the verge of the conference finals

Just as impressive as Stevens is Danny Ainge as GM. If he calls you, don’t answer. You won’t win the that trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just as impressive as Stevens is Danny Ainge as GM. If he calls you, don’t answer. You won’t win the that trade. 

Exactly.

And I'm talking premature about McBeane having that type of impact, but after a year of seeing how they move, I'm really holding them to high standards, I think we struck gold with these two

The stat sheet doesn't show the impact Stevens/Ainge had .

Edited by JerseyBills

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In a league with Pop, Kerr and Lebron as head coaches, I don't think it's a stretch to say he might be the best.  

And compare him to Brad Stevens when he far overacheives making the AFC championship.

Just now, Foxx said:

man i hate the Celtics.

Booooooi Celtics

Oh and I'm absolutely sleeping on Holmes lol. He had a good game against the raiders? That's.. something to think about over his performance across the whole season. He's not Terry rozier if we're continuing this analogy

31 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You're just now discovering we were well coached after watching a raiders game? That's been the TBD narrative since the second half of the season

It was my narrative from the first game.  That win vs. the Jets felt different from the get go.  We were not stupid for a change.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

It was my narrative from the first game.  That win vs. the Jets felt different from the get go.  We were not stupid for a change.  

yeah not to be mean but this hasn't exactly been a revelation from the OP haha.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

yeah not to be mean but this hasn't exactly been a revelation from the OP haha.

True, but I like the OP's enthusiasm.  Don't know if we can compare ourselves to one of the most storied franchises in sport yet, but we are no longer a laughing stock.  I remember when Pegula was hiring McDermott - said he just wanted our franchise to be respected.  I felt bad for him, and for us.  I think our team is now seen as a professional outfit, whereas before they were amateurs.  I mean seriously, can't believe Russ Brandon was our GM! Rex eating dog biscuits and hiring his brother?  We were a circus.  

• Haha (+1) 1