Good thing we are not on this list

VABills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Do you read any posts other than your own? I suggest you back up about 10 posts and start reading.

275729[/snapback]

I read your posts. Classic stuff.

Sigh. Some people get it......

;)

;)

275715[/snapback]

while others....

Trade and trade.

275711[/snapback]

Bryce Paup should have had at least an honorable mention...  Didn't he leave for Jax never to be seen again a year or so after winning defensive MVP in '96 or so?

274755[/snapback]

He was D MVP in 1995. Jaguars used him to cover downfield instead of rushing the passer. What a waste that was. Too bad we couldn't keep him.

BTW, Bruce was the 1996 MVP due in large part to Paup. Phil Hansen helped heaps too. Wow, what a group that was!

He was D MVP in 1995.  Jaguars used him to cover downfield instead of rushing the passer.  What a waste that was.  Too bad we couldn't keep him. 

BTW, Bruce was the 1996 MVP due in large part to Paup.  Phil Hansen helped heaps too.  Wow, what a group that was!

275792[/snapback]

I always liked Hansen. Who would've thought he'd have such a long and successful career coming out of a tiny D2 school? I was glad he did.

He was D MVP in 1995.  Jaguars used him to cover downfield instead of rushing the passer.  What a waste that was.  Too bad we couldn't keep him. 

BTW, Bruce was the 1996 MVP due in large part to Paup.  Phil Hansen helped heaps too.  Wow, what a group that was!

275792[/snapback]

Bryce was finished after his groin injury.

When he was MVP, he was as good as it gets. His arms were as long as trees, and he was as strong as an ox.

He got great angles while rushing the passer, and he was simply brutal. He had 17.5 sacks that season, and they were punishing.

It was great to be at RWS and watch him crush qbs. :rolleyes:

Bryce was finished after his groin injury.

When he was MVP, he was as good as it gets. His arms were as long as trees, and he was as strong as an ox.

He got great angles while rushing the passer, and he was simply brutal. He had 17.5  sacks that season, and they were punishing.

It was great to be at RWS and watch him crush qbs.  :rolleyes:

275802[/snapback]

I would have loved to see him crush RJ a few times. Hey, speaking of RJ, why wasn't he on that list? He had to be the worst FA ever.

HTF did Alvin Harper not get into that top 10?  Are you kidding me?

274507[/snapback]

Because Alvin Harper was never that good in the first place and actually caught more balls for the Bucs in his first season there than he did for the Cowboys his breakout season. Unfortunately, they were for about 4 yards a catch and he rarely if ever scored. He never was any good, he just caught about 6-7 wide open bombs for TDs that one year which gave him a ridiculous YPC.

Because Alvin Harper was never that good in the first place and actually caught more balls for the Bucs in his first season there than he did for the Cowboys his breakout season. Unfortunately, they were for about 4 yards a catch and he rarely if ever scored. He never was any good, he just caught about 6-7 wide open bombs for TDs that one year which gave him a ridiculous YPC.

275973[/snapback]

Hence the reason he should be on the list. His number against the cap at the time was like 10%! :rolleyes:

How about Joey Galloway? Went from Seattle to Dallas, that move never paid off. Or was that a trade too?

As far as the Bills go, they have been very successful with free agency. The only player I can think of that did not work out for the Bills was Joe Panos.

But look at the players the Bills got via free agency: Chris Spielman, Bryce Paup, Ted Washington, Bill Brooks, Quinn Early, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Sam Adams. The positives clearly outweigh the negatives.

How about Joey Galloway? Went from Seattle to Dallas, that move never paid off. Or was that a trade too?

As far as the Bills go, they have been very successful with free agency. The only player I can think of that did not work out for the Bills was Joe Panos.

But look at the players the Bills got via free agency: Chris Spielman, Bryce Paup, Ted Washington, Bill Brooks, Quinn Early, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Sam Adams. The positives clearly outweigh the negatives.

276148[/snapback]

Quinn Early was a positive? :rolleyes:

Quinn Early was a positive?  :blink:

276158[/snapback]

He was decent. He certainly wasn't anything special, but he didn't kill us, either. I still remember the slant pass he caught in the game against New England (in '96 @ RICH) that went for a TD. That was also the game where Bruuuuuce had 3 sacks against Bledsoe, one of them had Bruuuce hanging on Drew as if he were getting a piggyback ride from him.