All this Josh Allen bitching.

The best kind of ability is availability. Rosen will not be durable in the NFL.

Also, I think Rosen may not have wanted Buffalo. His comment yesterday about maybe having to "fake a smile if he was selected" seems directed towards the Bills. I'd much rather have a guy with Allen's build, abilities and desire to improve and desire to be in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you go back to December, many mock drafts had Rosen going either #1 to the Browns or #2 to the Giants.  At that time some mocks had Allen as a borderline 1st rounder.

I am usually not a fan of prospects who's stock rises late in the process because they test well at the combine.  I'll take the player that was ranked highest originally due to his performance on the field.

With QBs particularly I am not a fan of QBs that haven't put it together yet but have "size" or "potential".  That seems not to work out way more often than it does.  I am also not a fan of QBs who struggle with accuracy.

I guess it comes down to I think to play in the NFL, being a good football player is more important than how tall or strong you are.  And Allen's performance on the field in college was not as impressive as the other top 4 QBs.  How many times in his career is Josh Allen going to need to throw the ball 60 yards into the wind? I'll take a QB who can only throw a ball 40 yards into the wind if he's completing 10% more of his passes.

But Allen is our QB now so hopefully everything in this post is completely wrong!

Allen showed up to Buffalo to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and he's all out of bubble gum.

The accuracy issue shouldn't be like EJ because EJ just didn't know where to put the ball. He fooled all the coaches into thinking it was mechanics. What was his Wonderlic score? Allen has the smarts to know where to put the ball and the physical gifts to put it there. Some good coaching and he will be fine.