So many OL being drafted - what should we do?

3 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

And still no facts...what a surprise lol

Took a minute to find this, surely there is more.7

Now it's your turn...let's see the stats on successful later round rookie Olineman (or maybe you should just quit now?)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/rookie-impact-offensive-tackles

"As you get to later rounds, it becomes much less likely that rookies see significant playing time. Former Raider Jared Veldheer was the only third-round offensive tackle to receive over 800 snaps, and two-thirds of third-round rookie tackles saw 20 snaps or fewer as a rookie.

The fourth and fifth rounds brought the NFL rookie starters in Bobby Massie in 2012, as well as David Bakhtiari and Jordan Mills last year. When you get to the last two rounds of the draft, 80% fail to play a single offensive snap as a rookie, and not a single player topped 800 snaps in their first season. Typically, when any of these players picked after the second round see playing time, it is more out of a lack of team depth than the player being ready for that kind of playing time."

Edited by OJABBA

4 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Now it's your turn...let's see the stats on successful later round rookie Olineman (or maybe you should just quit now?)

"As you get to later rounds, it becomes much less likely that rookies see significant playing time. Former Raider Jared Veldheer was the only third-round offensive tackle to receive over 800 snaps, and two-thirds of third-round rookie tackles saw 20 snaps or fewer as a rookie.

The fourth and fifth rounds brought the NFL rookie starters in Bobby Massie in 2012, as well as David Bakhtiari and Jordan Mills last year. When you get to the last two rounds of the draft, 80% fail to play a single offensive snap as a rookie, and not a single player topped 800 snaps in their first season. Typically, when any of these players picked after the second round see playing time, it is more out of a lack of team depth than the player being ready for that kind of playing time."

Right..you mean like richie incognito who was drafted in the third round and is a pro bowl player.  And quoting one persons opinion is not fact lol.  Have a good day

2 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Right..you mean like richie incognito who was drafted in the third round and is a pro bowl player.  And quoting one persons opinion is not fact lol.  Have a good day

Moving the goalposts

Snap counts are FACTS.

You got nothing on ROOKIES IMPACT. And that is the discussion.

YOu have a very low post count. Methinks you should go study up.

Edited by OJABBA

7 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

So your saying later round picks have less of chance at seeing playing time? Wow what a revolution.  It still give no facts that olinemen are less successful then other positions 

2 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Moving the goalposts

You got nothing on ROOKIES IMPACT. And that is the discussion.

YOu have a very low post count. Methinks you should go study up.

The old low post argument.  Still waiting on actual facts..

Edited by Skins Malone

Just now, Skins Malone said:

The old low post argument.  Still waiting on a actual facts..

Snap counts are facts.

I'm still waiting for your FACTS.

You have nothing. (and please keep reposting my article with your response, because it directly negates any point you try to make.)

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think Buffalo’s coaching staff is as concerned with O-Line as we are.  

They should be. With a guard that Oakland didn't want to resign and a center that Cincinnati didn't want to resign as our possible starters, what could go wrong?

4 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Snap counts are facts.

I'm still waiting for your FACTS.

You have nothing. (and please keep reposting my article with your response, because it directly negates any point you try to make.)

No yoir article means nothing to your argument.  I love how when i ssid Milano all the sudden you added linebackers to your rookie impact players lol

43 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Never said that.

I said it's foolish to think you will fill the holes in the Oline with a rookie 3rd rounder. And that it's simplistic, dumb fan thinking. (actually, just added that).

Running backs, and linebackers - yes.

Olineman - rarely.

I wouldn't count on it happening. I would draft BPA, and look to free agency, while hoping the guys from the previous drafts develop.

HAHAHA!

Great idea!

umm Brian Waters, Larry Little, Nate Newton, Jason Peters, Joe Jacoby, Lou Groza (HOF) all undrafted .. 

that said I do agree Bills should not look to draft a lineman with #96

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

umm Brian Waters, Larry Little, Nate Newton, Jason Peters, Joe Jacoby, Lou Groza (HOF) all undrafted .. 

that said I do agree Bills should not look to draft a lineman with #96

This is about ROOKIE SEASON IMPACT. 

I didn't say they never are rookie successes, or that they don't have good careers(which ISN'T THE DISCUSSION.GET IT?)

People here are fretting over the Oline sucking THIS SEASON. And I'm saying a rookie 3rd rounder ain't likely to help. And I provided FACTS that back me up.

I said it folly to think the Bills should draft a guy in the 3rd and expect him to be a good rookie starter. The odds are highly weighted AGAINST THAT. GET IT???

I'm ready for your stats...

Edited by OJABBA