Let's do our part. Start filling this board with positivity!

I'm already sick and tired of reading all the negative posts and reactions on this board.

Josh Allen is a young kid. If you were a young kid, drafted with all the expectations of a rabid community on your shoulders, how do you think you'd feel if you read this board and found out that half or this community hates you and expects you to fail? You'd probably be disheartened by the lack of love and faith. You might even be less motivated to achieve your potential. Is this what you all want? Is validating your opinion more important than the future of this franchise?

I'm tired of it. This kid is our future - let's invest in him. Let's do our part. I want him to feel motivated by hearing about all the positivity that's coming out of the community. If he ever comes to this board, I want him to feel the Buffa-LOVE.

So Josh Allen, if you're reading this, I want you to know that we've got your back. I have faith. And I Bill-ieve.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, racketmaster said:

I like your point but I would also suggest that Josh Allen stay far away from message boards and talk radio. It can be a black hole for any athlete especially for players in his position. 

Agreed. But if he ever does happen to come to this board, I'd rather he see a board filled with positive, encouraging thoughts, than posts hating on him. I'd rather not take that risk.

Negative fan expectations (particularly from one's own fanbase) can RUIN young QB's.

2 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I like your point but I would also suggest that Josh Allen stay far away from message boards and talk radio. It can be a black hole for any athlete especially for players in his position. 

Agreed.  5 minutes on this board and the poor kid would be found swinging from the shower rod.

None of the top 4 QBs is a slam dunk without concerns.

We had a choice between Rosen and Allen and we took the one with a better arm.  I am sure the meetings and interviews played a major part as well.   We moved up to get him so there is something there we like.  I think Beane and McDermott know much more than the fans on this board. 

For this season let Allen hold the clip board and learn the NFL game while working on his mechanics, then lets see what he has next season.    That is all we can do.  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I'm positive both first-round picks will be busts.

Or at least off the Bills' roster in five years.  Probably on New England's, since we seem to be their farm team.

Until that happens, I'm going to root for our pics as hard as possible. I think we underestimate the impact that us as fans have on the development of a prospect. So while you may be positive both will be off the roster in 5 years, I believe that we've invested into the future leaders of our franchise. Our modern equivalent of Darryl Talley and Jim Kelly. Like I said, if my own positivity and belief can move the needle on their development even a single millimeter, why shouldn't I do what I can to help?

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol: You're an idiot.

Who hurt you? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

I'm already sick and tired of reading all the negative posts and reactions on this board.

Josh Allen is a young kid. If you were a young kid, drafted with all the expectations of a rabid community on your shoulders, how do you think you'd feel if you read this board and found out that half or this community hates you and expects you to fail? You'd probably be disheartened by the lack of love and faith. You might even be less motivated to achieve your potential. Is this what you all want? Is validating your opinion more important than the future of this franchise?

I'm tired of it. This kid is our future - let's invest in him. Let's do our part. I want him to feel motivated by hearing about all the positivity that's coming out of the community. If he ever comes to this board, I want him to feel the Buffa-LOVE.

So Josh Allen, if you're reading this, I want you to know that we've got your back. I have faith. And I Bill-ieve.

If you came to TBD for peace, love, and goodwill for all mankind then you are a special type of person.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

If you came to TBD for peace, love, and goodwill for all mankind then you are a special type of person.

Not for all mankind, just for the Bills!

The rest of the world can burn for all I care.

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

He prefaced it with a smiling face emoji so it reads more like this:

With all due respect... you're an idiot.

Fair enough - I should've prefaced mine with my own face. All said in good fun :thumbsup:

and what do you think wil fill those rediculous Kool Aid posts. They are just as bad as the ovelry negative ones. You think you can win this one, trust me you won't.

Its going ot be a long long long offseason and season most likely

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

and what do you think wil fill those rediculous Kool Aid posts. They are just as bad as the ovelry negative ones. You think you can win this one, trust me you won't.

Its going ot be a long long long offseason and seaosn most likely

It's going to be a long 3 years...

13 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

Who hurt you? 

JP Losman.

9 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

He prefaced it with a smiling face emoji so it reads more like this:

With all due respect... you're an idiot.

That's actually a laughing emoji, not a smiling one.  So it reads more like "You're such an idiot it's hilarious."

Really...any QB who can be ruined by negative fan energy isn't fit to be a QB to begin with.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

JP Losman.

:lol: I chuckled - good one.

Still, the whole point of this thread is that if our positive thinking can help even an inkling in motivating Josh Allen, I'd rather do that than discourage him with the negative atmosphere we're projecting right now.