RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Source?

Rosen was the fourth QB taken in the draft. That shows what NFL teams thought about him.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I watched several of his games including that one as it was played and I do indeed.  You're used to watching Alabama QBs so no wonder you don't know what to look for. 

You thought the A&M game I linked showed advanced QB play? 

What specifically did you see that led you to that conclusion?

You are clearly seeing something NFL teams didn’t because Rosen was the fourth QB selected  in the draft.

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Rosen was the fourth QB taken in the draft. That shows what NFL teams thought about him.

You thought the A&M game I linked showed advanced QB play? 

What specifically did you see that led you to that conclusion?

You are clearly seeing something NFL teams didn’t because Rosen was the fourth QB selected  in the draft.

He was the 10th overall pick in the draft and he led his team back from a huge deficit in a game where he made several big time throws under duress.  You are hilarious. 

Smith was drafted 1st overall with Rodgers 24th in 2005.  Where he was drafted means nothing.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was the 10th overall pick in the draft and he led his team back from a huge deficit in a game where he made several big time throws under duress.  You are hilarious. 

Smith was drafted 1st overall with Rodgers 24th in 2005.  Where he was drafted means nothing.

Mayfield, Darnold and Allen were all chosen before Rosen. So in you expert opinion, all of the NFL teams and their advanced scouting departments got it wrong when they didn’t pick Rosen?

How about the interception at 0:25 in the A&M game? Can you share your thoughts about Rosen’s decision making on that play?

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Mayfield, Darnold and Allen were all chosen before Rosen. So in you expert opinion, all of the NFL teams and their advanced scouting departments got it wrong when they didn’t pick Rosen?

How about the interception at 0:25 in the A&M game? Can you share your thoughts about Rosen’s decision making on that play?

Cherry picking plays to make a weak point. :lol:  Chop away. 

28-35 for 351 yards and 3 TDs.  Yes, he was awful!

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did you see “demonstrated ability to read defenses and go through progressions on an advanced level to deliver the ball quickly” in the A&M game?

I didn’t. I saw poor decision making, mostly single reads or looking down receivers, poor pocket presence, and a lot of highly inaccurate throws.

You obviously haven’t watched the game. He was 26 of 46 with 3 interceptions.

Edited by Sky Diver

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes, Rosen was awful in the 2016 game against A&M. Even he acknowledged it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/football/mistakes-haunt-ucla-qb-josh-rosen-in-loss-to-texas/article_2a36d7bb-e4a8-525f-af51-13da3a897864.amp.html

Edited by Sky Diver

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did you see “demonstrated ability to read defenses and go through progressions on an advanced level to deliver the ball quickly” in the A&M game?

I didn’t. I saw poor decision making, mostly single reads or looking down receivers, poor pocket presence, and a lot of highly inaccurate throws.

I'd expect you to say nothing other than that given your crusade against him.  He was under quite a bit of pressure in that game, he stood in and performed.

21 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Every single year there are guys who get passed over and others that are picked too high. The combine hasn't helped at all, but there has always been misses.  I don't think there is a scout out there that would back you up on saying Rosen is the inaccurate one of the two. Remind me, how did he do against A&M in 2017? His offensive line was historically bad, his defense gave up 400yd games regularly, and his wrs have a much higher drop percentage, and his stats still blow Allen out of the water. If this is the hill you want to die on though, good luck. 

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, Sky Diver said:

I actually quoted the wrong stats. He was 35-59 for 491 yards and 4 TDs.  It's good that he was self critical and can acknowledge mistakes because he made some.  Keep trying though.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I actually quoted the wrong stats. He was 35-59 for 491 yards and 4 TDs.  It's good that he was self critical and can acknowledge mistakes because he made some.  Keep trying though.

Oh, so you cherry pick his good games to make your case for him?

He wasn’t good in the 2nd A&M game either. The A&M defense melted down in the 2nd half. You should really watch both games.

He even managed to shoot off his mouth before the game in classical Rosen style to turn the A&M fans against him.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/09/03/texas-am-fans-make-fun-uclas-josh-rosen-chanting-50000

Why are you crusading for a guy who isn’t even a Bill?

Edited by Sky Diver

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Sean McDermott is a great coach don't get me wrong, but the man has zero experience in developing QB's. 

He is defensive guy, he has no idea what to look for in a successful franchise QB. The same goes for every other defensive minded coach we hired the last 15 years who had failed QB's. Project QB's need tons of coaching, and good coaching. 

Who do we even have on staff that has any success with developing QB's? Daboll isn't really a QB guru, and his NFL track record is pretty mediocre so he is still a huge question mark. And our actual QB coach is a WR's coach so I'm not sure who Brandon Beane is planning on teaching Josh Allen. 

We don't even have a skilled vet QB on the team. This is the main reason why Josh Allen makes zero sense to a lot of us. The bills are not in a position right now where they can bring on a project QB. 

A "defense guy" wouldn't have any idea what to look for in a successful franchise QB? You mean "defense guys" who spend their careers scheming ways to stop successful franchise QBs? This makes little sense and I could argue that "defense guys" know exactly what to look for in a QB given the time they spend trying to defeat them. 

Oh, so you cherry pick his good games to make your case for him?

He even managed to shoot off his mouth before the game in classical Rosen style to turn the A&M fans against him.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/09/03/texas-am-fans-make-fun-uclas-josh-rosen-chanting-50000

Why are you crusading for a guy who isn’t even a Bill?

:lol: You're the one who brought up the Texas A&M game. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he wasn’t really that successful at it.  But to your point, that’s also why I like Rosen more.  He just looked like a nfl qb.

"Wasn't really that successful" enough to have been in the running for the #1 overall pick.  Got it.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Every single year there are guys who get passed over and others that are picked too high. The combine hasn't helped at all, but there has always been misses.  I don't think there is a scout out there that would back you up on saying Rosen is the inaccurate one of the two. Remind me, how did he do against A&M in 2017? His offensive line was historically bad, his defense gave up 400yd games regularly, and his wrs have a much higher drop percentage, and his stats still blow Allen out of the water. If this is the hill you want to die on though, good luck. 

I didn’t think he played well at all in the A&M game in 2017. I saw a complete breakdown of the A&M defense.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol: You're the one who brought up the Texas A&M game. 

Yes, to counter your claim that Rosen is such a great QB.

I didn’t think he played well at all in the A&M game in 2017. I saw a complete breakdown of the A&M defense.

Yes, to counter your claim that Rosen is such a great QB.

You picked the wrong game to make your weak case. 

4 minutes ago, eball said:

"Wasn't really that successful" enough to have been in the running for the #1 overall pick.  Got it.

He was the fourth QB selected in the draft. That indicates how he was valued by NFL teams.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McVay developing QB’s huh?

Besides the still unknown Jimmy G who has McVay developed?

The failure list far exceeds the success list No? 

McVay has never been a QB coach having worked primarily with receivers and TEs as well as quality control before becoming an OC in Washington. And I've read on these very pages that if you've NEVER been a QB coach or haven't been one recently (whatever that means) then there is NO chance of developing your QBs. 

2 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Not an unfair post.  Our OC and QB coach may very well have the necessary collective abilities to develop Allen, but you can't say there is a track record of prior success in that regard.  I do think that the Bills will quickly get additional resources if there is concern that Allen is not developing at the desired rate.  Clearly, Allen is a major and priority investment for this franchise.  

Do you give Sean McVay any credit for developing Goff?

Now I know you're not basing this off of football. How about his 421yds 3tds and 1int in a loss to USC? They don't win games without him. You have an axe to grind with him, and it must be messing with your vision.