Dorsey: No legit offers for #1 pick

8 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

I would say he wants close to a Ditka offer knowing he won't get it but if he does then we can take a QB at #4 ... Bills Probably would need to offer like 12, 22, 53, 56, 65 and next years #1 and #2  ... I think he would trade for that ... JMO 

So 3 ones, 3 twos and the top pick in the 3rd?!? That’s crazy. I think 12, 22, 2019 1st & 2nd or 12, 22, 53, 56, 65 gets it done. It’s a ridiculous price either way and one that won’t be paid.

Not for #1 because we don't have t deal down but Buffalo needs to deal up if they want their franchise QB ...

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So 3 ones, 3 twos and the top pick in the 3rd?!? That’s crazy. I think 12, 22, 2019 1st & 2nd or 12, 22, 53, 56, 65 gets it done. It’s a ridiculous price either way and one that won’t be paid.

Then we stay at #1 and you have to look for another trade up to get your QB ...

2 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Not for #1 because we don't have t deal down but Buffalo needs to deal up if they want their franchise QB ...

They can get Rosen at 5 or 6 for 12, 53 and 65. Why would they ever pay 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 2019 1st & 2nd? That’s why the draft value charts exist. They frame trades. You pay a premium moving up but not double. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

They can get Rosen at 5 or 6 for 12, 53 and 65. Why would they ever pay 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 2019 1st & 2nd? That’s why the draft value charts exist. They frame trades. You pay a premium moving up but not double. 

Usually I would agree with you in terms of the value, but this year seems a little bit different because of the high demand for QBS.

Don't quote me on it, but I believe the Jets payed double or very close to, just to move up 3 spots

4 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Then we stay at #1 and you have to look for another trade up to get your QB ...

We are all in agreement that the Browns stay at 1. The fact that Browns fans think that a team will offer 3 ones, 3 twos and the top pick of the 3rd is the equivalent of Celtics fans that think they will get Kawhi or AD without giving up Brown or Tatum. It is absurd how unrealistic people are when it comes to their teams. 

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Usually I would agree with you in terms of the value, but this year seems a little bit different because of the high demand for QBS.

Don't quote me on it, but I believe the Jets payed double or very close to, just to move up 3 spots

They paid 152%. Not double or anywhere near it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If  the team in question thinks they are potentially getting the next John Elway (or whoever) then it is worth it and I think a trade like that is not out of the question but someone else did raise a good point, how many rookies does Cleveland really need.  The team is stupid young as it is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

They paid like a 50% premium on one chart and 25% on the other. The trade that I suggested to 5 or 6 is a similar value to what the Jets paid. Bandit laid it out in another thread.

They paid like a 50% premium on one chart and 25% on the other. The trade that I suggested to 5 or 6 is a similar value to what the Jets paid. Bandit laid it out in another thread.

Oh Ok, my mistake. Heard it was double on the NFL network last night, which must have been an error by Rapoport then. My apologies

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

If  the team in question thinks they are potentially getting the next John Elway (or whoever) then it is worth it and I think a trade like that is not out of the question but someone else did raise a good point, how many rookies does Cleveland really need.  The team is stupid young as it is. 

There isn’t even a consensus top QB!! That’s the other point, different teams have different guys 1-4. If it was Peyton Manning at 1 and EJ Manuel as the next best prospect then maybe. These guys graded out incredibly close. That is why no one is paying a big premium. They will take Rosen at 5 or 6 for a fraction of the cost to get to 1 or 2. 

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Oh Ok, my mistake. Heard it was double on the NFL network last night, which must have been an error by Rapoport then. My apologies

No need to apologize!! WGR has gotten people so carried away that the real cost has been missing. The Bills can easily get their QB and pick 3 more times in the top 100.

• Like (+1) 2

There isn’t even a consensus top QB!! That’s the other point, different teams have different guys 1-4. If it was Peyton Manning at 1 and EJ Manuel as the next best prospect then maybe. These guys graded out incredibly close. That is why no one is paying a big premium. They will take Rosen at 5 or 6 for a fraction of the cost to get to 1 or 2. 

As I said,, it the team in question thinks there is one, i dont care about what the consensus is.

3 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

All I am saying is Dorsey doesn't want to trade #1 but if we get a Ditka offer he would ... 

That’s why he won’t trade. That’s the point. No one is interested in giving up 3 ones, 3 twos and the top pick in the 3rd when they can score a very similar prospect for a one and 2 twos (which would still be a big premium). 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We are all in agreement that the Browns stay at 1. The fact that Browns fans think that a team will offer 3 ones, 3 twos and the top pick of the 3rd is the equivalent of Celtics fans that think they will get Kawhi or AD without giving up Brown or Tatum. It is absurd how unrealistic people are when it comes to their teams. 

More AD less Kawhi please. 

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

As I said,, it the team in question thinks there is one, i dont care about what the consensus is.

Find me a team that thinks there is a massive gap between QB 1 and QB 2? That is a total hypothetical and not realistic. That’s why I used the Peyton and EJ example. They were thought of TOTALLY differently leading into the draft. The gap doesn’t exist in this class. That doesn’t mean that they will all be good. It just means no one will pay 3 times for Darnold what it costs to get Rosen.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

More AD less Kawhi please. 

Ha ha, I’ve seen so many Celtic fans that are like, “I’d take AD for Smart, Rozier and a pick. If they want Tatum or Brown though it is a no go for me.” It’s amazing how delusional people are when it comes to their team.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Find me a team that thinks there is a massive gap between QB 1 and QB 2? That is a total hypothetical and not realistic. That’s why I used the Peyton and EJ example. They were thought of TOTALLY differently leading into the draft. The gap doesn’t exist in this class. That doesn’t mean that they will all be good. It just means no one will pay 3 times for Darnold what it costs to get Rosen.

Ha ha, I’ve seen so many Celtic fans that are like, “I’d take AD for Smart, Rozier and a pick. If they want Tatum or Brown though it is a no go for me.” It’s amazing how delusional people are when it comes to their team.

Yes lots of Celtics fans like that. The non delusional Celts fans refer to those guys as “green teamers”

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I cant find you a team because I dont know what ANY team really thinks of any QB.