Final Mock: 4 RDs w/ trades

4 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

I don't even know  what this means ?

Really? did you miss the trade in his mock where we would be getting Nick Foles? or is it more of a reading comprehension problem? If we trade for Foles we would have to extend his contract next offseason. I believe there's an opt out clause after this year as well. So we would be paying a large portion of our cap as early as next year to a guy whose play has been up and down during his career to say the least.

23 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Foles > Jackson, Rudolph, White, Falk, Lauletta

It is very very real that the top 4 are gone before we get the chance to trade up. Of course it's possible one falls, this is just an alternate mock/contingency plan in case we are on the outside looking in.

I understand that, but I'd rather take a chance on the upside of Jackson than get Foles. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Thanks for reading, have a good day.

Ok. Here's honest feedback.

1. Smith is likely not going to be there at 12. Doubt he gets past Oakland.

2. So, Philly trades Foles for 10spots in the first and the first pick in round 3? Great, who's their starter week 1 if Wentz isn't ready? Who's their QB if Wentz gets reinjured? And why would Buffalo make this trade? They want to tie their careers to a 29 year old QB that has more bad than good on film? NOTHING about this trade is based in makes sense. It's more like you fit it in because it's someone you want. 

Aside from that when when the lastly time a player was shipped for a 1st round pick on Draft Day? Honestly cannot remember. 

I'm on board with the next 2 picks...depending on who else is on the board. Orlando Brown to me screams avoid. Not because of his combine. He got that "Ha, I got paid now I can slack" vibe. 

Next 2 picks I'd again be on board with depending on who else is on the board. 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I understand that, but I'd rather take a chance on the upside of Jackson than get Foles. 

Jackson will not be a starting QB. Foles would provide veteran leadership with Super Bowl experience. McCarron and Foles would by no means be a bad QB stable, it would actually be a solid group.

Once again, this draft isn't sunshine and flowers but I don't think that's how the real world works.

This mock is contingent on the top 4 QBs all being gone.

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ok. Here's honest feedback.

1. Smith is likely not going to be there at 12. Doubt he gets past Oakland.

2. So, Philly trades Foles for 10spots in the first and the first pick in round 3? Great, who's their starter week 1 if Wentz isn't ready? Who's their QB if Wentz gets reinjured? And why would Buffalo make this trade? They want to tie their careers to a 29 year old QB that has more bad than good on film? NOTHING about this trade is based in makes sense. It's more like you fit it in because it's someone you want. 

Aside from that when when the lastly time a player was shipped for a 1st round pick on Draft Day? Honestly cannot remember. 

I'm on board with the next 2 picks...depending on who else is on the board. Orlando Brown to me screams avoid. Not because of his combine. He got that "Ha, I got paid now I can slack" vibe. 

Next 2 picks I'd again be on board with depending on who else is on the board. 

Roquan Smith has a better chance at making it to 12 than Rosen or Mayfield but fans ignore that. There's 4 QB needy teams in the top 5, ever think maybe we can't trade up?

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Jackson will not be a starting QB. Foles would provide veteran leadership with Super Bowl experience. McCarron and Foles would by no means be a bad QB stable, it would actually be a solid group.

Once again, this draft isn't sunshine and flowers but I don't think that's how the real world works.

Roquan Smith has a better chance at making it to 12 than Rosen or Mayfield but fans ignore that. There's 4 QB needy teams in the top 5, ever think maybe we can't trade up?

none of those guys makes it to 12

9 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Solid?  never has ever been a full time established starter at the NFL so there's nothing solid about it. 

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeah, I mean who wants a QB that beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl?

The Eagles as a team won the game and the point as always regarding QB is consistency which Foles has never demonstrated.  Ignore that all you'd like, but that is the case.   Terrible idea. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Eagles as a team won the game as a team and the point as always regarding QB is consistency which Foles has never demonstrated.  Ignore that all you'd like, but that is the case.   Terrible idea. 

This draft was intended with the idea that Rosen and Mayfield are gone, if you want to dress up like Peter Pan and imagine that we somehow land a top 4 QB, that's fine but don't expect me to play along. I have Foles ahead of Jackson and Rudolph.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

This draft was intended with the idea that Rosen and Mayfield are gone, if you want to dress up like Peter Pan and imagine that we somehow land a top 4 QB, that's fine but don't expect me to play along. I have Foles ahead of Jackson and Rudolph.

I'd take a shot on Jackson over trading draft capital for Foles.  Peter Pan is pretending Foles is an answer based on one game while ignoring his overall performance throughout his career.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

What's silly is drafting a project QB that some teams view as a WR over the Super Bowl MVP.

Super Bowl MVP.  Sure keep hanging your hat on that. He's been a backup QB for most of his career.  Jackson is going to be a 1st round selection unlike the backup QB you want to give up picks for. ++

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Super Bowl MVP.  Sure keep hanging your hat on that. He's been a backup QB for most of his career.  Jackson is going to be a 1st round selection unlike the backup QB you want to give up picks for. ++

Nick Foles also had a phenomenal season as a starter 27:2 TD/INT ratio, possible he just needed time to develop. Proves that he is malleable. Played lights out on the biggest stage of his life.

1.) Allen

2.) Darnold

3.) Mayfield

4.) Rosen

5.) Foles

6.) Rudolph

7.) Jackson

28 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Maybe. Sure. But ever think maybe 2 of those teams are not going QB? I'd say extremely highly probable.

Trouble with the way you present your picks is it may make sense to you, but to everyone else it looks like you're just plugging things in out of thin air... especially backed up with a completely senseless trade on both sides.

But I'm game, what did your first 11 look like before Smith at 12? I'm genuinely curious how you saw him available at 12.