Peter King:. Monday 4-16-18 column.

PIZ

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Like I said earlier I hope we do not lose out to Miami or Arizona because they were faster to the move then our sleeping GMs have always been. Jets have already shafted us so  for the love of the Bills please no Miami/Arizona sneak in. I know we have the capital but are they as willing to spend as another team is.

There is almost no chance of this. The Jets weren't " faster to the move" they simply had much better picks. MIA and AZ do not. A team moving down is going to get the best possible deal and ignoring what the Bills have to trade would be gross negligence for a GM. If those teams move and the Bills don't , it's because the Bills didn't see a player there that was worth paying the freight for. 

5 minutes ago, par73 said:

Looking really tough to get into the top 4. If Rosen does slip, 7 would be a good move (and cheaper in terms of draft capital). All speculation here, of course.

Yep. If the G-men and Browns won't move off of 2 and 4, ( I don't think NYG take a QB) then it's a scramble to 5, 6, and 7. All those teams have been talking trade down, so it just comes down to who is still on the board. The Bills can afford a move to any of those spots, but is their guy available? 

59 minutes ago, MTBill said:

I honestly think Beane is playing it by ear somewhat - and planning on something in 4-10.

If there is a "cream of the crop" heads above the rest QB in their book, they are likely gone by #3 and I don't see the GIants trading down to 12.  However, I suspect the grading is much more bunched up.  If the Giants want a QB, they are for sure not trading down - so then we can guess 3 are gone by #4.  Then the question is - will Cleveland want to drop to 12 and lose out on the best Non-QB on their board?  Probably not.  So now you are looking at #5.  I really think the Broncos are planning on keeping their Pick either for a top QB prospect or to improve the roster.

I really think it comes down not to how much it would take, but that these teams really have to solidify their own teams.  It isn't like some powerhouse is sitting at the top of the draft with no real needs who doesn't mind trading back 5-10 spots.  Everyone needs a star for their team.  I think our targets for a trade are most likely San Francisco & Oakland to get in front of Miami - and to protect ourselves from someone else trying to pass both us AND Miami.  I just hope it won't cost the farm getting there.

Things I highly suspect with the Giants - I bet they go after Dez and cut ties with OBJ via trade.  Dez will give them a great deal because he gets to stay in the NFCE and stick it to the Cowboys, and the Giants will cut ties with OBJ who carries a lot of baggage.  I'm sure this affects how they draft etc.

Agreed.  I think this is a great crop of "decent" QBs, not necessarily franchise QBs.  I could totally be wrong on this, but I do not see a class of QBs like 1983 ever again - 3 HOF QBs in one draft.  Just not very likely to be repeated - even in a pass happy league.

EDIT - hehe, your autocorrect busts me up.  Drop Pigs....  :)

Yeah, I have no idea where Siri came up with “drop pigs”

Not sure guys.  I'm not convinced this regime is willing to trade the farm for an unknown quantity?  They may stand pat, take the best player on the board, and go forward with McCarron?  They can fill some serious gaps wit the picks they have. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/04/16/nfl-draft-picks-prospects-trades-mmqb-peter-king?__twitter_impression=true

Doesn't sound too promising for a trade up for one of the top QBs.

Actually, this scenario would be great IMO.

If QBs only go 1 and 3, that leaves 2 of the top QBs on the board for us to trade up for. 

If Denver and Indy are unwilling to trade back out of the top 10, there is no other team from 6 to 10 that needs a QB.

That would leave pick 7 as a perfect trade up option, and the Bucs GM has already said he is very interested in a trade down. 

So so we could get our QB ,u h cheaper than a trade to 2 or 4. 

We could get Rosen (if he fell past 3), who IMO is the best passer in this draft anyway, and only give up 12 and 53, or 12 and 22 at most. That would be a dream scenario for me! lol 

Just now, PIZ said:

Can you imagine if we only had to trade up to 6, 7, or 8 to land Rosen, and we get to keep a bunch of our picks?

Exactly! I'd love it!