Have You Ever Gotten Into A Fight Defending The Bills?

I was hitchhiking through Maine a few years back wearing my Bills hat and shirt when the local sheriff, who I assume was a Pats fan, started hassling me.  They said I was drunk in public, which wasn't true since I was only half drunk at the time, and tossed me in a holding cell to cool off.  Thats when I started having flashbacks and my military training kicked in.  I wound up destroying half the town.  They called in the special forces, had to take them all out. 

It was a massacre.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I was hitchhiking through Maine a few years back wearing my Bills hat and shirt when the local sheriff, who I assume was a Pats fan, started hassling me.  They said I was drunk in public, which wasn't true since I was only half drunk at the time, and tossed me in a holding cell to cool off.  Thats when I started having flashbacks and my military training kicked in.  I wound up destroying half the town.  They called in the special forces, had to take them all out. 

It was a massacre.

Ok, Rambo!

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was a massacre.

Total BS.  This is a thread for legit stories...not fan-fiction

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Nope. I only become angry with people

who tell malicious lies. I haven’t found many of the negative things that people have told me about the Bills to be untrue. 

Maybe now....but back in the day people really would needle you about being a Bills fan.  It was bad.

I get trashed talked in sports when I wear bills gear. They just look like idiots. "At least I'm not a bills fan".. bruh you drunk. I win the game and it's nothing but "scoreboard." "Game recognize game and you looking unfamiliar". I lose and.. it really pisses me off lol

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was a massacre.

This is great 

Back in 1994, I drove to West Virginia to visit a Navy buddy.  We both got out in 1993.  I had a Bills jacket on when we went to a bar.  Got into a conversation with a Cowboys fan.  I didn't think it was contentious at all, but this guy obviously felt differently.  Long story, short - he was sitting at the bar and I was standing behind him, to his right.  Out of nowhere, he turned and punched me in the face with his left hand.  I staggered back into a table/chairs and squared up.  As soon as he got out of his seat, he was corralled by some locals and thrown out of the bar.  He would have kicked my ass.  His fist, in one hit, managed to give me a black eye, a bloody nose and a broken lip.  And the Cowboys were BETTER than the Bills.  Good times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was a massacre.

That's good hustle

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Maybe now....but back in the day people really would needle you about being a Bills fan.  It was bad.

Fair enough, I was in high school during the early 2000’s. This was a time where the Bills were too irrelevant for anyone to really care. Winning teams bring out more anger in crazed opposition fans. I simply heard the occasional “the Bills suck” comments, to which I replied “yes, we do”. 

I've always had candid conversations with AFCE fans.. but maybe that's because we're not the team with one gronk, Jarvis, -insert relevant dirty jets player-

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Also very fake

It's a Rambo satire lol

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Back in 1994, I drove to West Virginia to visit a Navy buddy.  We both got out in 1993.  I had a Bills jacket on when we went to a bar.  Got into a conversation with a Cowboys fan.  I didn't think it was contentious at all, but this guy obviously felt differently.  Long story, short - he was sitting at the bar and I was standing behind him, to his right.  Out of nowhere, he turned and punched me in the face with his left hand.  I staggered back into a table/chairs and squared up.  As soon as he got out of his seat, he was corralled by some locals and thrown out of the bar.  He would have kicked my ass.  His fist, in one hit, managed to give me a black eye, a bloody nose and a broken lip.  And the Cowboys were BETTER than the Bills.  Good times.

Nothing like the old bar conversation that begins with the appearance of a friendly conversation. Only to be ruined when the other guy becomes randomly aggressive. This is why I grew out of the bar phase quite quickly. 

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Total BS.  This is a thread for legit stories...not fan-fiction

This thread is for tough guys and old war stories.  You wanna get all emotional you can go share your fears and turn ons in the 'I am my Mother's Son' thread with the other Marys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Nothing like the old bar conversation that begins with the appearance of a friendly conversation. Only to be ruined when the other guy becomes randomly aggressive. This is why I grew out of the bar phase quite quickly. 

Makes no sense. I usually de-escalate when I sense belligerence. Usually I'm just happy to talk football, who are your top RBs, etc

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

No kidding.  I was 23 at the time; so in the prime of bar hopping.  It was clear this guy was a known troublemaker by how quickly the regulars ushered him out.  Worst part was that I was beginning a new job (one that I'd start as a temp and end up working there for 18 years) and had to go in with a messed up face.  I told them it was from a pickup football game and I'd landed hard.  Worked out okay!

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

This thread is for tough guys and old war stories.  You wanna get all emotional you can go share your fears and turn ons in the 'I am my Mother's Son' thread with the other Marys.

And Rambo fans.. this is a great thread tho