HOLD!!! HOLD!!! HOLD!!! Why the Bills shouldn’t overpay on draft day

Bakin

6 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

The Jets didnt make a mistake at all.

They identified 3 QBs worth trading to 3 for knowing at least one would be there.

We have no idea what their draft board looks like. They could have 3 QBs rated close enough to choose between the 3 at the value.

If they pick the right QB they are set for 5 to 7 years at the position. 

If they draft a bust, then it will go down as an epic fail, only made worse by the fact the released petty and hack w/o taking a snap.

But the Jets were already drafting at #6 and just traded that and two #2's to move up.  They are not trading two #1's, two #2's and /or next years first day pick.

49 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Swinging for the fences - those guys end up flat on their ass most of the time. 

I’m all for trading up to 2...are you willing to give up this draft and next to do so?  Or are you the kind of guy who walks into a car dealership reeking of desperation?  Are you in sales?  I bet you give a ton of discounts. 

Sometimes they do fall on their backsides and sometimes they hit home runs. The guys who never take a shot, never hit home runs. And no, I'm not in sales and I bought my last new car with cash. You see, I could have taken a safe job out of college but instead, I took a shot, borrowed a lot and went to law school. It was risky but it paid off.

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

But the Jets were already drafting at #6 and just traded that and two #2's to move up.  They are not trading two #1's, two #2's and /or next years first day pick.

Right. They made that move for peanuts compared to what it would take us to get there.

I wouldnt mind paying the giants 3 1st round picks and 4th round pick.

At the end of the day just get a QB. The eagles and rams dont look like they regret trading up and they gave up a lot of draft capital.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, joesixpack said:

So you're using an example of boldness to call for being cowardly? Makes sense.

Ditka was so bold...how’d that work out on the Ricky Williams deal. 

Boldness for the sake of boldness is just silly. 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

It's not boldness for the sake of boldness, and I think you understand that.

It’s reaching. Overspending.  I think you understand that, too. 

If Gettleman wants a princely premium for #2 well then he can go fly a kite, AFAIC