2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

49 minutes ago, Dante said:

This is what happens when the NHL and the refs they control, decide they don't want to affect the outcome of the game. They affect the outcome of the game!  I can't stand the tired old line of "let the players settle it on the ice" or field or whatever.  If they just called the game by the rules the players would adjust soon enough. But they take the spineless way out and try to please everyone by not calling infractions. Frustrating but this shite does go both ways. Saw a player get xchecked right in front of the ref last night! I know that prikc saw it.  How is not calling that not affecting the outcome? Resulting, justified PP could definitely determine the outcome.

The inherent risk of “letting them play”.  

Mistakes were made with non calls against both teams.   

I’d say that if the Caps got that non call and a foal that they were gifted and me just as easily.    

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The NHL decided to not have a hearing for the Wilson hit.        That should settle that argument.  

Sounds like an extension of the "let them play don't want officials to influence" logic. Whatever. When the league doesn't act sometimes the teams will settle it. If that happens the spineless ones in charge will have to come up with an explanation/excuse/lie. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

This now means for an even more interesting game tonight.

Oh, it shall be interesting ....  well all butt the popmass opening "show" 

47 minutes ago, Dante said:

Sounds like an extension of the "let them play don't want officials to influence" logic. Whatever. When the league doesn't act sometimes the teams will settle it. If that happens the spineless ones in charge will have to come up with an explanation/excuse/lie. 

within the rules he was a fraction of a second "late" on his hit to the "body"    

One guy said had he had his stick down there wouldn't have been any question to the "legality".

I'm just hoping that the GK's stop yanking the helmets off of the Caps players.   If the Ref's "let them play" I can see Wilson dropping his gloves and taking one for the team.  

4:35 to the puck drops!!!    

Lets Go Caps.