7 round mock Bills draft - best I have seen!

mileena

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I could see Jackson going before Rudolph but I doubt it. Lauletta is a mid 2nd at best 3rd round guy. No way he goes before Rudolph.

Maybe not, I think you’ll be surprised. 

They have comparable arm strength, size, starting experience. Teams are going to like Lauletta’s intangibles as a leader better and love that he doesn’t come from an air raid system. 

47 minutes ago, mileena said:

I didn't see this posted via a search. I pray for this draft to happen!

https://www.ndtscouting.com/marino-bills-7-round-mock-draft/

Round 1, pick 12:  Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Round 1, pick 22: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Round 2, pick 53:  Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

Round 2, pick 56:  James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

Round 3, pick 65:  Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays State

Round 3, pick 96:  Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

Round 4, pick 121:  Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

Round 5, pick 166:  Tyler Conklin, TE, Central Michigan

Round 6, pick 187:  Will Richardson, OT, North Carolina State

"Rudolph throws with good touch and illustrates the ability to find throwing windows to any level of the field. He throws with good anticipation and gives his targets a chance to pick up yards after the catch. He’s had considerable success challenging defenses vertically. If Buffalo is unable to move higher in the draft then Rudolph could be the guy."

[click the link for the rest of the article]

Pick 12 Mayfield QB, if Miami takes him then Smith MLB will be choice.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Trade: Pick 32 Esch MLB or Evans MLB, whoever falls. Philly gets Lawson and our 3rd pick (96).

Pick 53 Lauletta QB, Bills need a fall back for Baker and love his football smarts, NE wants this guy too, win win!

Pick 56 Price C/G falls torn peck, Bills have time to wait because of Groy.

Pick 65 Pettis or Chard WR, whoever falls

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 166 Faulk QB, this is the year the Bills are going to find their QB of the future. He will end up on the practice squad, huge arm and accurate, just not mobile.

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

9 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I'd be thrilled with this, but I'm on the Rudolph is good list (not the best of all of them, but good enough).

Can Ridley really go that late though?  That seems optimistic.

No way does Mayfield make it to 22.

That is a I want this draft list not what would happen. like Baker and he is at 12 which probably won't happen then at 12 you take Baker

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Pick 12 Mayfield QB, if Miami takes him then Smith MLB will be choice.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Trade: Pick 32 Esch MLB or Evans MLB, whoever falls. Philly gets Lawson and our 3rd pick (96).

Pick 53 Lauletta QB, Bills need a fall back for Baker and love his football smarts, NE wants this guy too, win win!

Pick 56 Price C/G falls torn peck, Bills have time to wait because of Groy.

Pick 65 Pettis or Chard WR, whoever falls

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 166 Faulk QB, this is the year the Bills are going to find their QB of the future. He will end up on the practice squad, huge arm and accurate, just not mobile.

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

hate to break the dream but no way Mayfield makes it to 12, Vander Esch is gone before 22, will never drop to 32 Price is gone by the 40's and 3 QB's is utterly ridiculous when we just signed McCarron and just drafted Peterson. 

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

hate to break the dream but no way Mayfield makes it to 12, Vander Esch is gone before 22, will never drop to 32 Price is gone by the 40's and 3 QB's is utterly ridiculous when we just signed McCarron and just drafted Peterson. 

we cant let the Jets have more QB's then us dang it... :)

Edited by Tsaikotic

Generally these picks seem OK. Since I believe that ANY ONE of the top 10 QBs have as good of a  chance to be THE ONE as any of the others, I think we could get a good one at 12 or 22 but our biggest need at this point [ beside QB ] is MLB. I would say to decide in the first round who will be your best shot at QB  and MLB. Then worry about the rest in subsequent rounds.

hows this one?...

Round 1 Pick 12:  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB/ILB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 1 Pick 22:  Jackson, Lamar, QB, Louisville (B+)
Round 2 Pick 21:  Jackson, Donte, CB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24:  Chark, DJ, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 1:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Warner, Fred, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (B)
Round 6 Pick 13:  Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I truly believe the "top 4" will be selected by the 12th pick.  Which in my opinion is great news for the Bills.  

1. Browns - Darnold

2. Giants - Barkley

3. Jets - Rosen

4. Browns - Chubb

5. Broncos - Allen

6. Colts - Nelson

7. Cardinals - Mayfield (Trade up with Tampa)

8. Bears - Trumaine Edmunds 

9. 49ers - Derwin James

10 Raiders - Roquan Smith

11 Dolphins - Vita Vea

12 Bills - Leighton Vander Eshe

13 Redskins - De'Ron Payne

14 Packers - Marcus Davenport

15 Bucs - Denzel Ward

16 Ravens - Calvin Ridley

17 Chargers - Maurice Hurst

18 Seahawks - Mike McGlintchy

19 Cowboys - Cortland Sutton

20 Detroit - Darrius Guice

21 Cincinnati - James Daniels

22 Buffalo - Lamar Jackson

23 Patriots - Minkah Fitzpatrick

24 Carolina - Mike Hughes

25 Titans - Sam Hubbard

26 Falcons - Taven Bryan

27 Saints - Hayden Hurst

28 Steelers - Mason Rudolph

29 Jaguars - Hayden Hurst

30 Vikings - Ronnie Harrison

31 Patriots - Kolton Miller

32 Eagles - Connor Williams

42 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I'd be thrilled with this, but I'm on the Rudolph is good list (not the best of all of them, but good enough).

Can Ridley really go that late though?  That seems optimistic.

No way does Mayfield make it to 22.

I seriously doubt that he makes it to 12. 

1 minute ago, PBLESS said:

Generally these picks seem OK. Since I believe that ANY ONE of the top 10 QBs have as good of a  chance to be THE ONE as any of the others, I think we could get a good one at 12 or 22 but our biggest need at this point [ beside QB ] is MLB. I would say to decide in the first round who will be your best shot at QB  and MLB. Then worry about the rest in subsequent rounds.

Yeah I keep forcing Baker to 12 but it just isn't going to happen. I want 2 middle linebackers for Bills. They play a 4-2 nickle, extra safety allot. 2 linebackers roam side line to side line and may blitz or drop into cover depending on down/pass/run. So Smith, Edmunds, Evans and Esch are my targets. I want 2 of these guys in 1st. I have Bills 12 taking Baker forced or Smith or Edmunds, 22 going Moore WR and moving into 1st again with Philly or whoever to get Esch or Evans.

The more I watch Rudolph, the more I'm convinced that he will have a more immediate impact and better career than at least 1 of the top 4 (his ball placement is that good), that taking him at 22 would be the best case scenario, and that if we wait until 22 the pats are going to try take him at 21.

7 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I truly believe the "top 4" will be selected by the 12th pick.  Which in my opinion is great news for the Bills.  

1. Browns - Darnold

2. Giants - Barkley

3. Jets - Rosen

4. Browns - Chubb

5. Broncos - Allen

6. Colts - Nelson

7. Cardinals - Mayfield (Trade up with Tampa)

8. Bears - Trumaine Edmunds 

9. 49ers - Derwin James

10 Raiders - Roquan Smith

11 Dolphins - Vita Vea

12 Bills - Leighton Vander Eshe

13 Redskins - De'Ron Payne

14 Packers - Marcus Davenport

15 Bucs - Denzel Ward

16 Ravens - Calvin Ridley

17 Chargers - Maurice Hurst

18 Seahawks - Mike McGlintchy

19 Cowboys - Cortland Sutton

20 Detroit - Darrius Guice

21 Cincinnati - James Daniels

22 Buffalo - Lamar Jackson

23 Patriots - Minkah Fitzpatrick

24 Carolina - Mike Hughes

25 Titans - Sam Hubbard

26 Falcons - Taven Bryan

27 Saints - Hayden Hurst

28 Steelers - Mason Rudolph

29 Jaguars - Hayden Hurst

30 Vikings - Ronnie Harrison

31 Patriots - Kolton Miller

32 Eagles - Connor Williams

Ruined it with Lamar. Go Moore WR or Evans

41 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I could see Jackson going before Rudolph but I doubt it. Lauletta is a mid 2nd at best 3rd round guy. No way he goes before Rudolph.

i think the coolest thing would be the browns to take jackson, so they have that 1/2 punch with tt! :lol:

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

No way we pick four players on offense in first four picks,  

Especially considering the HC is a defense guy and the front 7 is aging and not really talented. 

55 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

People need to come to the realization Rudolph could very easily be the pick at 12.

I like the kid, would I rather have one of the top 4 sure. But history shows USC QBs flop, Shorter QBs struggle, QBs without legit desire struggle and QBs for big arms struggle. There’s nothing guaranteed.

That being said Rudolph is the 5th best QB. Smart kid, size guy, average arm, leader etc... he’s a first round guy. #12 maybe not, 20-30 range probably so. 

If if you’re willing to sell the farm for #2, go for it. But I’ll tell you now, Rudolph has just a good of a chance to be successful as any of the top 4. If the Bills don’t get #2 or 5,6,7 then Rudolph could be it at 12. Cause those top 4 more than likely all go top 7.

Why Rudolph? Because he's available this year? Teams are drafting smarter and that might mean holding off on QB's in the first round when they've got obvious flaws. I can see him slipping into the 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

The more I watch Rudolph, the more I'm convinced that he will have a more immediate impact and better career than at least 1 of the top 4 (his ball placement is that good), that taking him at 22 would be the best case scenario, and that if we wait until 22 the pats are going to try take him at 21.

Watch the college tape all you want. Till he takes a snap in the NFL you don't know if his questions marks get better or worse. That is what happen to EJ and Rudolph is closer to being EJ than you think.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Watch the college tape all you want. Till he takes a snap in the NFL you don't know if his questions get better or worse. That is what happen to EJ and Rudolph is closer to being EJ than you think.

Not EJ. Allen is closer to EJ. I'd say he's closer to Chad Pennington or Kirk Cousins. Maybe Fitzpaterick, Kelly Holcomb, or Trent Edwards, on the downside. His ball placement and yards after catch is miles above EJ. Just watch the kid.

Edited by MURPHD6

15 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

hows this one?...

Round 1 Pick 12:  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB/ILB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 1 Pick 22:  Jackson, Lamar, QB, Louisville (B+)
Round 2 Pick 21:  Jackson, Donte, CB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24:  Chark, DJ, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 1:  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Warner, Fred, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (B)
Round 6 Pick 13:  Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)

Love it.  Never happen.