Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

He's not good. Watch the tape. Looks like high school throwing lob passes to wide open receivers. No NFL type throws where you plant and let it rip on an out route. Then watch the combine film and laugh at how a 22 yr old QB doesn't know how to do a 3 step drop. All sorts of awkward and out of whack. Rosen is talking to Aaron Rodgers about how to build timing into the top of his drop depending on coverages and Mason is talking to a pee wee coach about how to drop back from center at all.

I disagree I think there is plenty of good on his tape.  Accuracy in the intermediate range is 2nd only to Rosen in this class in my opinion.  Does he have some transition to pro-style offenses, including footwork under centre to work on?  Sure.  I think the kid will have a decent career though.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I disagree I think there is plenty of good on his tape.  Accuracy in the intermediate range is 2nd only to Rosen in this class in my opinion.  Does he have some transition to pro-style offenses, including footwork under centre to work on?  Sure.  I think the kid will have a decent career though.  

If I'm taking a QB in the 1st round, that's not good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

As a backup, yes.  As a franchise QB that will consistently bring you championships?  Absolutely not.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

He's not good. Watch the tape. Looks like high school throwing lob passes to wide open receivers. No NFL type throws where you plant and let it rip on an out route. Then watch the combine film and laugh at how a 22 yr old QB doesn't know how to do a 3 step drop. All sorts of awkward and out of whack. Rosen is talking to Aaron Rodgers about how to build timing into the top of his drop depending on coverages and Mason is talking to a pee wee coach about how to drop back from center at all.

He doesn't look good when it comes from his hand because he tosses it like Philip Rivers. Most teams don't even care about dropping back like the media because most teams play nearly 70% of the game from shotgun. I believe he'll go higher than most here think. If his arm was stronger he'd be ranked 3rd.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I get that, but personally I'd rather have someone who I think at least is likely to be decent rather than a guy whose floor is much lower.  That's my style I suppose I am less obsessed with ceiling than others in my evaluations of all positions.  What if they are no better than they are now is always my question.  Rudolph I have as that 1st / 2nd borderline grade and I accept I am higher on him than most but he does some of the things I value in QBs better than some of the bigger names.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

As a backup, yes.  As a franchise QB that will consistently bring you championships?  Absolutely not.

I think he will be a starter.  Franchise QB.... maybe.  Elite? No.  Personally I like his floor more than I like the floor of others.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So if he's Rivers and you are always a threat to win 12 games, that's not good enough? He's half Rivers and half Matt Schaub. I doubt he makes it out of the 1st round.

Just now, CuddyDark said:

So if he's Rivers and you are always a threat to win 12 games, that's not good enough? He's half Rivers and half Matt Schaub. I doubt he makes it out of the 1st round.

I don't see him at that level. 

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

This. He is terrible and just leads to the same quarterback purgatory. 

The fit makes no sense either. The only thing he does well is he throws a great deep ball and we have no speed. Sounds like a great match. Bad footwork, weak arm, pee wee offense and the smallest hands of all the quarterbacks in the draft. Sign me up for mediocrity. He's a nice guy and a leader. So was Kellen Moore. So was Christian Ponder. So was Kevin Hogan, who everyone was making fun of yesterday. He simply does not have he physical ability. 

Besides being tall, he does not fit anything that Beane has said he wants in the quarterback. 

I predict that whoever drafts him him will allow him to seek a trade in 3 years and we will all laugh at it ala Kevin Hogan. We will be talking about all the people who wanted him so bad, and no one will step up to say that they were wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Magox said:

It's due diligence, you would hope that your GM would look at multiple scenarios outside of drafting one of the blue chip QB's.  That's what good teams do.

You shut up with that kind of crazy talk we are not!

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I predict that whoever drafts him him will allow him to seek a trade in 3 years and we will all laugh at it ala Kevin Hogan. We will be talking about all the people who wanted him so bad, and no one will step up to say that they were wrong. 

I always say when I am wrong and if I am wrong on Rudolph and he sucks I will say so.  I won't be though.  :P

• Like (+1) 1

This is funny.

Last Year before the draft.

Pat Mahomes was in a gimmicky system, name a big 12 QB the made it in the NFL, Bills fans didn't want him. Fast forward a year later. We traded away the pick we could have gotten Mahomes. He played one game now he is a Hall of Famer. 

Blah Blah Blah! We dont know how these QB's are going to turn out. I've seen for years everybody know who the best prospect is for the Bill's. Let the scout team GM and HC do their jobs.

Edited by BBills88
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BBills88 said:

This is funny.

Last Year before the draft.

Pat Mahomes was in a gimmicky system, name a big 12 QB the made it in the NFL, fans didn't want him either. Fast forward a year later. We traded away the pick we could have had get Mahomes. He played on game now he is a Hall of Famer. 

Blah Blah Blah! We dont know how these QB's are going to turn out. I've seen for years everybody know who the best prospect is for the Bill's. Let the scout team GM and HC do their jobs.

:wacko: Might as well shut down TBD and every other Bills' fan forum.  

• Haha (+1) 1