I'm in a suicide pool

Pennsyl-tucky

for the first time and could use some help. Aside from the Bills (I don't want to use my homer pick right off the bat) what NFL team seems like a good bet to win this week? This suicide pool is pretty basic; pick an NFL team each week to win outright (no point spreads, etc). You can only use a team one time per season and if you're wrong, you're out. Last man standing at the end of the season, wins the pot.

So far, I like the Falcons over the 49ers, and the Bears for some reason. Any thoughts?

So far, I like the Falcons over the 49ers, and the Bears for some reason. Any thoughts?

Suicide and the bears seem liek a perficet match :flirt:

for the first time and could use some help. 

20547[/snapback]

Isn't it always the first time (and last time) in a suicide pool? Don't do it man, it isn't worth it.

As for any picks, why would I give that up when there is a survivor pool in the TBD contest? My picks will remain secret until I am eliminated (next week).

I'd say Eagles as well. Warner is terrible, and the Eagles will be fired up. That's the one game where I would be shocked if the underdog wins.

Guest Guest_BuffOrange_*

I did very well last year for my first time by using the following guidelines: Always pick a home team, try to avoid division matchups, and try to avoid picking teams that are coming off a short week.

I'd stay away from Atlanta. The Bears wouldn't be a bad pick (even though it would violate Rule #2) because this is the only week you can take them, and you'd save all of your good teams. I did that last year by picking the Lions over the Cards in Week 1 when everyone else took Miami. Rams wouldn't be a bad pick either even though you'll have a lot of company with that pick.

I went with the Jets at home over the Bengals for TBD suicide pool....I would suggest saving teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Chiefs, Colts, Ravens, Panthers til later in the year...I'm wondering when i chance it and take the Giants...I reallly dont think they will win to many this season....