Bruuuuuuce!!!! #2 on all time best #1 picks

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

His hit on Boomer is something I will never forget.

can not agree more. It was one of the most vicious and clean hits I've seen. I thought Boomer was dead. I remember Bruce celebrating, looking down and then waving for Bengal trainers himself.

"Bad things" indeed.

Boomer Esiason

Q: Carl J. (Hoboken, NJ) – Hi Boomer. Love seeing you on TV and listening to you on Monday Night Football. Was wondering… what’s the hardest hit you ever took when you were playing in the league?

A: Thanks a lot for bringing this topic up! The hardest hit I ever took came courtesy of Bruce Smith in a game in 1995. He came around the end untouched, absolutely flattened me and I ended up with a concussion. I’ve never been hit by a freight train, but I imagine it is a similar experience.

Boomer talking about it later

Edited by RocCityRoller

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The 3-4 is terrible for pass rushing DEs.  What Bruce did in a 3-4 with a crappy DC was amazing.

IMO, he is the best player in franchise history.  He is the most dominant Bill to ever play for us.  Dude was an animal. 

By this point it is basically a fact that he was the best player in franchise history.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

OJ should have been 3rd.  He was far better than Aikman and Bradshaw at his position.  OJ is in the conversation for greatest RB of all time.  Those two aren't even close.

Mario Williams is also too low.  Probably ten spots too low.  

Much,much better. We know what that’s about.

Aikman and Bradshaw were mediocre QBs,especially Aikman. That guy was blessed with an all around great team and great coach. He doesn’t deserve accolades of greatness.

When these nostalgia threads come up, I find myself digging through grainy YouTube footage, watching the Bills greats like Smith, Thomas and company just shredding the opposition.

They are all clips I've watched countless times, but I'll reinforce again, Smith could beat any tackle like a drum. Power, spin moves, violent hands, just mauling guys. I doubt we'll ever see a defensive player that good, for that long,  again. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Was Myles Garrett that bad last year?

On 4/5/2018 at 1:12 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Best player I've ever seen in a Bills uniform. Just dominant and routinely did things on a football field that looked like no mortal should be able to do. There are great players, and then there's Bruce Smith. 

Eric moulds babeee

Carr over clowney??? I'm going to write my own darn list. Legit mad at this.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks