There will be star quarterbacks outside The Four

5 hours ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Again and again and again and again and again and again and agAhHhHH!

Turdy Fergy...

Sweet.

Moving on.

If I am reading that the Bills Brass are doing everything in their power to move up for a QB, then the opposite result will likely be the case and we're staying put. Maybe even moving back. Smokescreen Season... if it can't be taken with a grain of salt, then our hearts deserve breaking when "plans" fall apart.

Also I don't think McBeanes longevity here is contingent on finding our franchise guy this year and this year alone. That playoff birth and unloading drama with heavy $$$ contracts buys them a lot of time. Like a Jeff Fisher kinda leash in my eyes.

It is likely that the Bills ARE working on moving up to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd........11th pick.   They would be amiss NOT to have worked out what it would take to get to each of those picks.  One reason is that things might get weird and they would actually do it.  Another reason is that they want to find out if there are any "bargains" out there.  Another reason is to see what the costs actually are, so that they can predict what other teams might want to move up.  Another reason is to set out a smokescreen so other teams can not figure out what they are going to do, or might completely be fooled on what they Bills are favoring. ...........  But every sports writer with a keyboard is going to make 5-10 different predictions, based upon imaginary secret inside information, so they can later brag about being right.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Oh good, another quarterback thread!

We should move up and draft : Allen, no Rosen, no Darnold, no Mayfield.  We should not move up.  Just take the best qb we can at 12.  No a qb is too important, we should pay what ever we need to get one of the top 4.  We should draft Lamar Jackson.  No he is just like TT.  We should build our team with our store of draft picks.

The qb class is awesome!  This qb class stinks!

That about covers it.

Why do we keep doing this???

Yet you responded to it.  

15 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Looking back, no, there are no guarantees there's anyone good after the big 4 (or even in the big 4).

Going back, arguably the best QB drafted after the 1st round:

15 - Brett Hundley / Trevor Siemian

14 - Carr / Garoppolo

13 - Mike Glennon

12 - Wilson / Cousins / Foles

11 - Dalton / Kaepernick / Tyrod

10 - Colt McCoy / Joe Webb

'09 - Curtis Painter

'08 - Chad Henne

'07 - Trent Edwards / Drew Stanton

So no, there's not necessarily great players waiting to be picked in the later rounds.  Most years, you are doing well to find a legitimate backup QB after the 1st round, but more often than not you simply light the pick on fire.

Thank you. There is this misconception that Gems can always be found because Brady was drafted in the sixth round 18 years ago. 

There are not always gems and a lot of times the quarterbacks after the first round are crap. Sometimes the quarterbacks in the first round are also crap. The odds of hitting on a late round guy is much worse. 

The OP literally named like 6-7 guys in the history of the NFL. Gotta love those odds. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

10 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just having a little fun myself.

You have to admit these threads do get repetitive. 

Let's start a new thread " Why Mike white will be the #1 pick."

I think the new word used these days is "shook".

If Mike White goes #1 overall...we will all be shook.  Did I use it correctly?

I’m going to invest all my money in lotto tickets  instead of the stock market. Because sometimes stocks go down and sometimes lotto tickets win. So lotto tickets and a 401k are equally risky. 

Edited by Batman1876
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

I’m going to invest all my money in lotto tickets  instead of the stock market. Because sometimes stocks go down and sometimes lotto tickets win. So lotto tickets and a 401k are equally risky. 

Holly analogy Batman!! :beer: