Paxton Lynch Trying to Jump Start His Career with the TB12 Method

20 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lynch to me is a warning about not developing a quarterback. Denver traded up for him knowing he was a project and knowing they had to develop him. They didn't do that. They threw him out there too early and have had tons of turnover in their coaching staff. Now they are probably drafting a guy again, where a guy like Lynch had a better draft grade than a bunch of the guys this year. They have failed miserably at developing him. 

Maybe he he doesn't have it, but boy that staff has done a terrible job with him. Let these guys sit. 

I don’t follow the Broncos very closely, but it seems to me that after drafting Lynch in the first round, they haven’t given him a chance, and they don’t really know what they’ve got.  Some of that is because of injuries, but now they are reportedly ready to use their 5th overall pick on another QB.  Some here advocate drafting a QB every year until you find the franchise guy, but sometimes you can have too many guys in the mix.  I think the Jets are another example of this problem.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Because the pats actually have been caught cheating, multiple times, including filming other team's practice and pregame walkthroughs...

Really!? I hadn’t heard of that.

Do you think coaches can read defenses without having cheated and filmed walkthroughs? 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I don’t follow the Broncos very closely, but it seems to me that after drafting Lynch in the first round, they haven’t given him a chance, and they don’t really know what they’ve got.  Some of that is because of injuries, but now they are reportedly ready to use their 5th overall pick on another QB.  Some here advocate drafting a QB every year until you find the franchise guy, but sometimes you can have too many guys in the mix.  I think the Jets are another example of this problem.

I feel like they were never really all in on the guy. He got a few chances when he wasn't ready, so he was clearly going to fail. I think drafting a guy and expecting things to magically click is short sighted. I agree with you and I think people need to realize that college quarterbacks are going to take time these days. It isn't worth the investment if you aren't going to be all in. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Really!? I hadn’t heard of that.

Do you think coaches can read defenses without having cheated and filmed walkthroughs? 

Are you being sarcastic?

Because they literally got caught and organized by the NFL for doing it...

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I feel like they were never really all in on the guy. He got a few chances when he wasn't ready, so he was clearly going to fail. I think drafting a guy and expecting things to magically click is short sighted. I agree with you and I think people need to realize that college quarterbacks are going to take time these days. It isn't worth the investment if you aren't going to be all in. 

First or second round picks generally get plenty of chances before the team moves on from them.  That’s why the Lynch (and Hackenberg) situation doesn’t make much sense.  In Lynch’s case, there’s been no regime change either.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Are you being sarcastic?

Because they literally got caught and organized by the NFL for doing it...

Yes I’m being sarcastic. I am aware of what they did.

My point is that coaches can read defenses without cheating. This whole “the Pats and Brady are good because they cheat” nonsense is old and lazy.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

My point is that coaches can read defenses without cheating. This whole “the Pats and Brady are good because they cheat” nonsense is old and lazy.

Brady and the pats are very good.

They were better/are better by cheating.

It's not nonsense, it happened, and continued to happen years later, so probably still is.

The whole point was he made a joke about it, but you seem hell bent on defending them, so keep it up.

30 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Brady and the pats are very good.

They were better/are better by cheating.

It's not nonsense, it happened, and continued to happen years later, so probably still is.

The whole point was he made a joke about it, but you seem hell bent on defending them, so keep it up.

How exactly am I defending them? By acknowledging that it happened? Stop being dense

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Just now, Bangarang said:

How exactly am I defending them? By acknowledging that it happened? Stop being dense

Bold.

You literally defended it.

20 hours ago, Bangarang said:

They let Brock Osweiler sit for years behind Manning and he still absolutely sucks. There’s no proper way of developing a QB. Guys can sit and suck, start right away and be good or start right away and suck.

Or they can suck early, develop and become terrific. There absolutely is a proper way of developing a QB. What they did with Rodgers is a terrific example.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/13/themmqb-exit-interview-bob-mcginn-green-bay-packers-milwaukee-journal-sentinel-nfl-beat-writer

He sucked in his first couple of years, at camp, in preseason and generally. They changed his motion, brought him in for a QB camp and had him keep his eyes open and watch how Favre was with the guys. And he looked like a totally different QB. There are plenty of guys who have improved with development.

You're right though that it isn't a guarantee or even close that you can get a guy to franchise level. It's not. Some guys will never be good enough. And some, like Russell Wilson, don't need any time. But plenty of guys can be helped by time on the bench to work on mechanics, study defences, get the playbook down ice cold and get practice reps and mental reps.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Or they can suck early, develop and become terrific. There absolutely is a proper way of developing a QB. What they did with Rodgers is a terrific example.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/13/themmqb-exit-interview-bob-mcginn-green-bay-packers-milwaukee-journal-sentinel-nfl-beat-writer

He sucked in his first couple of years, at camp, in preseason and generally. They changed his motion, brought him in for a QB camp and had him keep his eyes open and watch how Favre was with the guys. And he looked like a totally different QB. There are plenty of guys who have improved with development.

You're right though that it isn't a guarantee or even close that you can get a guy to franchise level. It's not. Some guys will never be good enough. And some, like Russell Wilson, don't need any time. But plenty of guys can be helped by time on the bench to work on mechanics, study defences, get the playbook down ice cold and get practice reps and mental reps.

There isn’t a proper way because you cite one example. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There isn’t a proper way because you cite one example. 

Um, the fact that it worked shows that there is indeed a proper way.

No foolproof way, of course. And plenty of bad ways too, but there are a number of proper ways.

And in any case, there've been many who sat and improved. He's the most obvious and best example but it's a pretty common thing.

Edited by Thurman#1