In the market for some new friends?

Just Jack

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Hard no on the wax museum but don’t sleep on the Amish...terrific agriculturalists and a society largely insulated from neocapitalism is a sustainable recipe. Real Jeffersonian-American holdovers.

How is inbreeding sustainable?  Aren't they having genetic problems:

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/02/genetic_disease_is_ravaging_la.html

"...Testing revealed Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID), a rare genetic disease, as the cause of death.

The condition, an inherited disorder of the immune system known colloquially as "the bubble boy disease," is present in roughly one in every 40,000 to 70,000 live births in the U.S., according to the National Institutes of Health.  

But in the Stoltzfus home, the rate is one-in-four. "We have 12 children and three of them ended up having SCID," Daniel Stoltzfus said..."

I think parts of the Mormon community are dealing with genetic disease also.

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I imagine a lot of wives and girlfriends will claim their significant others got lost along the route.  Most of the males involved will probably have preferred to take the expressway, if one was available.

The expressway will get you there, but I prefer the scenic route. And my wife is happy that I'm not afraid to stop and ask for directions now and then. ;-)

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

The expressway will get you there, but I prefer the scenic route. And my wife is happy that I'm not afraid to stop and ask for directions now and then. ;-)

But the scenic 2 lane route is more likely to kill you than the divided highway.

But, then again, I guess you DIE happy.

:D

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transient said:

I've had a hard time convincing women that the route from Intercourse to Climax goes through Hershey... :ph34r:

Well, it is a bit of a detour.