First Pick @ 12 - Not a QB? How 'bout Vita?

9 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

So, with the AJM signing, does it make sense that we might not go QB with the first pick or even move up? I think there's a chance Vita Vea might still be there at 12. I really think this kid is a once every 10 year draft kind of talent. Does he fill a big need on the defensive line? Or, do you think signing Star Lotulelei eliminated the Bills thoughts on D line in the first round?

So instead of getting our QB you suggest we draft another run stuffing DT at 12? 

10 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

No defensive tackle out there can single handedly impact a game the way a quarterback can.  This is the year to get the quarterback.  We have the ammo to do it.  I would hate to see the Bills do all this work just to stop short of the end goal which is finding our franchise qb who can lead us to the playoffs and beyond for the next 15 years.

Edited by BuffAlone

8 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Bruce Smith did...often. 

That said, I'd rather a QB

He's one of the best pass rushers in the history of the game and his impact isn't even close to that of the QB.  Also he was an end but that still doesn't change his impact on a game compared to a qb.

Edited by Zebrastripes
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

I like that scenario too, if they for some reason ranging from too steep of a price to trade up  to ¨their guy¨@QB taken too early, need to stay put at 12,

they better get a freakish Defensive guy right there.

If you account for  ~  5 QBs,  ~ 1 RB ,  ~ 2DL, ~ 1DB, (in bold I highlight positions which we don´t need any more)  taken before 12, we are talking about getting one of the 2 top LBs! which has to be a monster pick to me!!! things looking up for our guys!!

We will trade our left nut for a QB, so this is all BS below...

If no QB, then I would trade up from #22 to #9 w/SF, by trading #22, #56 and #65 to take Quenton Nelson LG (Gold Jacket - Bills Wall of Fame)

The Bills need Roquan Smith (5-10 year starter) at #12 or I would settle for Tremaine Edmunds. I think Roquan is the real deal, but Tremaine is gifted and has a ton potential.

Pick #53 Billy Price Center (5-10 year starter)

Pick # 121 should be a deep threat at WR (Moore, Chark) or grab a CB (McD is the DB whisperer).

Pick# 166 RB (Ivory is about done)

Pick #187 Mike White QB

3x starters and a few guys to develop for next year. Solid Offensive and defensive lines.

Note: I loath Mason Rudolph and Lamar is Tyrod/Vick 2.0.

Cap space will be $60-90 Million for next year. Go all in for FA... Grab an elite WR and replace another Offensive lineman.

Depth chart:

QB - AJ "average" Mccarron and Mr. Pickles

RB - RB McCoy, Ivory, Rookie

WR - Calvin, Zay and a maybe Rookie

TE - Clay, O'Leary and maybe a Rookie 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Nelson

C - Price/Groy

RG - Incognito/Groy

RT - Mills

RE - Hughes/Shaq

DT - Williams

DT-  Lotulelei

LE - Trent/Shaq

OLB - Milano

MLB - Roquan

OLB - Lorenzo Alexander

FS - Hyde

SS - Poyer

CB - White

CB - Davis

Nickel - Rookie

Wins in Bold

Home: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Lions
Away: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Colts, Ravens, Packers, Vikings

Buffalo Bills 4-12 Top 3 pick in 2019 Draft 

- no QB prospect worth taking, so we go after the best free agent on the market. Nick Foles LOL http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/quarterback/

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

He's one of the best pass rushers in the history of the game and his impact isn't even close to that of the QB.  Also he was an end but that still doesn't change his impact on a game compared to a qb.

Yeah, I deleted after a closer read of defensive lineman. But, I guess DE is still DL. Lol. Oh to have one of him again....

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:56 PM, BBillsWestCoast said:

We will trade our left nut for a QB, so this is all BS below...

If no QB, then I would trade up from #22 to #9 w/SF, by trading #22, #56 and #65 to take Quenton Nelson LG (Gold Jacket - Bills Wall of Fame)

The Bills need Roquan Smith (5-10 year starter) at #12 or I would settle for Tremaine Edmunds. I think Roquan is the real deal, but Tremaine is gifted and has a ton potential.

Pick #53 Billy Price Center (5-10 year starter)

Pick # 121 should be a deep threat at WR (Moore, Chark) or grab a CB (McD is the DB whisperer).

Pick# 166 RB (Ivory is about done)

Pick #187 Mike White QB

3x starters and a few guys to develop for next year. Solid Offensive and defensive lines.

Note: I loath Mason Rudolph and Lamar is Tyrod/Vick 2.0.

Cap space will be $60-90 Million for next year. Go all in for FA... Grab an elite WR and replace another Offensive lineman.

Depth chart:

QB - AJ "average" Mccarron and Mr. Pickles

RB - RB McCoy, Ivory, Rookie

WR - Calvin, Zay and a maybe Rookie

TE - Clay, O'Leary and maybe a Rookie 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Nelson

C - Price/Groy

RG - Incognito/Groy

RT - Mills

RE - Hughes/Shaq

DT - Williams

DT-  Lotulelei

LE - Trent/Shaq

OLB - Milano

MLB - Roquan

OLB - Lorenzo Alexander

FS - Hyde

SS - Poyer

CB - White

CB - Davis

Nickel - Rookie

Wins in Bold

Home: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Bears, Lions
Away: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Colts, Ravens, Packers, Vikings

Buffalo Bills 4-12 Top 3 pick in 2019 Draft 

- no QB prospect worth taking, so we go after the best free agent on the market. Nick Foles LOL http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/quarterback/

Yeah..move Richie over to the right side because he dominated on the left side where linebackers usually try to shoot the gaps because the tackle is taking on the blind side and in most cases,the best pass rusher.You need to study the game a bit more..yikes.

Edited by Misterbluesky

On 3/16/2018 at 10:45 AM, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

So, with the AJM signing, does it make sense that we might not go QB with the first pick or even move up? I think there's a chance Vita Vea might still be there at 12. I really think this kid is a once every 10 year draft kind of talent. Does he fill a big need on the defensive line? Or, do you think signing Star Lotulelei eliminated the Bills thoughts on D line in the first round?

I do think that Star makes it a bit less likely. I'm not sure how well Vea compliments him on the line. I do agree that he is going to be a special player and merits consideration.