2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Allen's a dirty prick.  At least Hurley played hard but clean.

Allen can't hold Hurley's jock.

I'm more sympathetic to Allen than you are. More so last year than this year he had some emotional issues. He couldn't control his volcanic emotions. There was an emotional petulance to him that he just couldn't control. He's improved in that area but you can still see the remnants of person who can't responsibly handle and channel  his frustrations. If I recall correctly he was "encouraged" (forced) to seek counseling. 

Is Allen a dirty player? I would say yes but it is not due to being a mean-spirited person so much as it is due to an inability to control those explosive emotions that are close to the surface. He is like a suburban player who is not able to adjust to the tougher city/street ball. He still has a way to go to control himself but he is making progress. Maybe not adequate enough for a Tar Heel but for a more tolerant Golden Griffin I would say that he has made progress. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm more sympathetic to Allen than you are. More so last year than this year he had some emotional issues. He couldn't control his volcanic emotions. There was an emotional petulance to him that he just couldn't control. He's improved in that area but you can still see the remnants of person who can't responsibly handle and channel  his frustrations. If I recall correctly he was "encouraged" (forced) to seek counseling. 

Is Allen a dirty player? I would say yes but it is not due to being a mean-spirited person so much as it is due to an inability to control those explosive emotions that are close to the surface. He is like a suburban player who is not able to adjust to the tougher city/street ball. He still has a way to go to control himself but he is making progress. Maybe not adequate enough for a Tar Heel but for a more tolerant Golden Griffin I would say that he has made progress. 

I have it on reliable authority that Allen is a prick.  No leadership qualities whatsoever.  If you want to excuse his personality due to his "inability to control emotions" that's your prerogative, but he is what he is until he proves otherwise.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Anyone else taking today or tomorrow off to watch the tourney. Ive been taking Friday off for the past several years too watch with a few buddies fornthe last several years.

I am debating where to watch, might start at home, then to a few different watering holes with some buddies.

Heard on Wingo show yesterday and Tuesday are the two biggest days for vasectomies..makes sense. 

BTW, congrats to the Orange fans out there, time for your run?

Edited by plenzmd1

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am debating where to watch, might start at home, then to a few different watering holes with some buddies.

Heard on Wingo show yesterday and Tuesday are the two biggest days for vasectomies..makes sense. 

BTW, congrats to the Orange fans out there, time for your run?

I don't see today being terribly productive for me. Several meetings with my attention being split between work and pleasure. Im looking forward to tomorrow for sure. First day off this year.

10 hours ago, eball said:

I have it on reliable authority that Allen is a prick.  No leadership qualities whatsoever.  If you want to excuse his personality due to his "inability to control emotions" that's your prerogative, but he is what he is until he proves otherwise.

You are a bigot. You  simply don't like pricks. Let them hang loose and don't bother them. As long as they don't enter your comfort zone just leave them alone. :)

Nice article in the Wapo today on how to win one of the mega brackets. The biggest takeaway is looking for value teams into the final 4..Clemson and Ohio State fit  the bill the best .I know that sounds basic, but some numbers in here are interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/03/14/how-to-win-a-massive-ncaa-tournament-bracket-pool-like-espns-tournament-challenge/?utm_term=.39b53cce5332

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Anyone else taking today or tomorrow off to watch the tourney. Ive been taking Friday off for the past several years too watch with a few buddies fornthe last several years.

Yes...my cousin.

He's a fan of Texas A&M.

6 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I’ve been taking off Friday for about 5 years now. I go from January to Memorial Day without a day off so it comes at a good time.

they just missed a dunk too, followed by a missed layup.

I am going to need a donation from all URI fans to eat tonight!

But now back to back 3's.:beer:.maybe eating lobster tonight!

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

KD..WTF? how he miss that putback? Fell for Rams fans on that one.

That would have given me the push..now i gotta sweat the OT

how many ways can you go off the rim?  can't believe it didn't drop.   half court offense gets suspect in the last minute for them.  don't know why they got away from the 3s late -- they've been hot.

last year they didn't play a top 50 team after November, right to the FINAL GAME of the tourney!!! it fell into a cupcake right to the freakin final game, while I had to watch UCLA/Kentucky/Oregon/Kansas/NoCarolina on the other side...

and of course this is one of my favourite moments in 45 years of sports addictions.... and of course Gus called it!!  He fell apart with 4 seconds still to go!!

best comment below:   I've probably accounted for 10,000-15,000 of the views on this video.

Edited by row_33

okay, now I am going to have some fun with smaller bets rest of the day.

1) South Dakota State +7 1/2 vs Ohio State. I have seen neither team play, @YoloinOhio said he did not like the matchup..so baby, baby bet.

2) Bonnie +205 on the moneyline..Bonnie wins this game outright! Have a little sumthin sumthin on this one

3) UB =8 1/2 and the over at 159,  parlay $2.60 for every dollar bet. Another baby bet

BTW, Iona was getting 12 1/2 first half, that three at the buzzer was important for some as SVP says!!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i don't give a bleeping bleep about anyone's bracket unless i asked how it is going, but wagering $$$ is what a man does

now, thats funny. Feeling lucky today, may even look at that Sabres -Leafs line:lol:

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

now, thats funny. Feeling lucky today, may even look at that Sabres -Leafs line:lol:

Lou and Babcock will hibernate the Leafs until the playoffs start, nowhere to go but 3rd in the division for the Leafs....

while little goes on...... best moments you've attended for a March Madness game?

Duke/VCU in Buffalo a few years back on a Thu/Fri early round, crowd got very behind VCU 10 minutes into it and they knocked them off with a last second jumper, i thought the roof might come down...

as well, pep bands are a big deal for VCU's conference and that one was worth noting

you know 33, i have never attended a March Madness game in person! And VCUs band is the best! Theyare great at home games!

And Oh My..who is that big white dude on SDSU..#24!!!! Draining 3s, monster dunks..he looks awesome!!!!!

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you know 33, i have never attended a March Madness game in person! And VCUs band is the best! Theyare great at home games!

And Oh My..who is that big white dude on SDSU..#24!!!! Draining 3s, monster dunks..he looks awesome!!!!!

VCU's noted pep band leader took a hike a few years ago.....

got to see a Regional Semi at Ford Field with Steph's Davidson and Kansas in the other game.

my first time in a dome for a tiny hoops court, unless you are in the risers forget about seeing much.... would have been great club seats for a Lions game

it should be against the Constitution to hold a basketball game in the middle of a dome, at least Syracuse and Detroit were decent enough to put the court in the corner and tell you those are "LONG DISTANCE VIEW" seats you might buy....

Buffalo often hosts early round games, they rotate with Auburn Hills/Detroit most years, get to one eventually!!