Has there ever been a more fun, anticipated off season?

njbuff

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Pretty sure there will be a sizable group hating whatever happens.

Not everyone is going to be happy.  I might be one of them, who knows. All I know is, all of us BILLS fans want the team to succeed and win.  Go BILLS!

Edited by Perk71
spelling

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It was deadly boring a month ago, because the Bills coaching situation and GM situation were all set.  I wrote about how boring it was and that it wouldn't get interesting until free agency. 

Now I'm like you.  I'm looking every hour to see if there's news.  

In the last couple of weeks we've had three interesting signings and the Tyrod trade.  Now we're waiting on Wednesday for a qb.  

Things definitely have heated up. 

That's really interesting.  Not surprising - I'd hoped he was like that.  He seems that way in his pressers.   He gives interesting direct answers.  

I agree about it being different.  This is the first time that I can remember thinking that the GM and coach knew what they were doing. 

Lots of people seem to be freaking out about whether the Bills will get this free agent or draft that qb.  I'm not. I think McBeane know exactly what they're doing. I'm just interested to see what they're thinking. 

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

I had dinner with a high ranking staff member of the Carolina Panthers Friday.  He said Beane is one of the smartest people he's ever been around in his life.  He went on to say we're in good hands with him because he's just one of those guys that seems to be a step ahead.  According to him, it would surprise no one with the Panthers that knew him if he built a winning team.  He called him a beautiful mind and when someone would bring up a point - Beane would have an in depth analysis of the point as if he'd already been working on it for months - but in reality his brain is constantly in overdrive.

I found it an extremely interesting conversation.  

This is great thanks! But unfortunately now I sound like an arrogant  jerk in my own head because I have always been thinking since he got here that Beane thinks just like I do. 

Only one thing he has ever said worries me a little. I'm not too worried because he hasn't said it a lot and maybe didn't mean it as strong as it came out.

He talked about leadership for a QB as being maybe the most important quality and what came off to me as an almost magical idea of how much it means.

I personally don't want to hear any more about the "It" factor until am sure we got somebody who can read the game quickly, stay alive out there, and throw the ball. 

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It was deadly boring a month ago, because the Bills coaching situation and GM situation were all set.  I wrote about how boring it was and that it wouldn't get interesting until free agency. 

Now I'm like you.  I'm looking every hour to see if there's news.  

In the last couple of weeks we've had three interesting signings and the Tyrod trade.  Now we're waiting on Wednesday for a qb.  

Things definitely have heated up. 

That's really interesting.  Not surprising - I'd hoped he was like that.  He seems that way in his pressers.   He gives interesting direct answers.  

I agree about it being different.  This is the first time that I can remember thinking that the GM and coach knew what they were doing. 

Lots of people seem to be freaking out about whether the Bills will get this free agent or draft that qb.  I'm not. I think McBeane know exactly what they're doing. I'm just interested to see what they're thinking. 

The one thing I hope Beane knows and that I am worried about is, I hope he knows that NOBODY knows for sure how a drafted QB will turn out.

It is like playing poker. You can know that your hand has a very good chance of beating the others. And then you can bet a lot on it. But you can't know how it is going to turn out until the hand is over.

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Last time I was this excited was 2004 draft. I just knew that was the year and the Bills were going to do everything in their power to get a QB. Instead of giving up a couple extra picks we landed JP Losman instead of Ben Roethlisberger. 

And not to seem like somebody who is nursing a butthurt all these years but...

That was a really fun time on the old board because we had a board mock draft going and an organized real time draft day coverage on there.

I picked Roethlisberger for my pick and everyone said I was stupid. I took a pasting for that. (I mostly just got lucky by going by hims measurables Im not the best at that)

Anyway it wasn't as clear he would turn out like he did back then to the extent that I don't think one person on the board thought I made a decent pick.

Plus if it matters I have a good idea that Donohoe was targeting Losman from the start, though there were later stories they tried to trade up.

8 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

And not to seem like somebody who is nursing a butthurt all these years but...

That was a really fun time on the old board because we had a board mock draft going and an organized real time draft day coverage on there.

I picked Roethlisberger for my pick and everyone said I was stupid. I took a pasting for that. (I mostly just got lucky by going by hims measurables Im not the best at that)

Anyway it wasn't as clear he would turn out like he did back then to the extent that I don't think one person on the board thought I made a decent pick.

Plus if it matters I have a good idea that Donohoe was targeting Losman from the start, though there were later stories they tried to trade up.

The rumor back then I thought was Jacksonville wanted pick 13, our 2nd, and next year's 1st.

Donahoe wanted Big Ben but obviously didn't think he was that big a difference from Losman. 

The guy I was hot for that year was Rivers, but then he went from late 1st to top 5 after the senior bowl. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The rumor back then I thought was Jacksonville wanted pick 13, our 2nd, and next year's 1st.

Donahoe wanted Big Ben but obviously didn't think he was that big a difference from Losman. 

The guy I was hot for that year was Rivers, but then he went from late 1st to top 5 after the senior bowl. 

if i remember correctly , we just couldn't get to the spot for big ben. i don't think we were able to get to that spot and i don't think it was a lack of effort.

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

I heard that the Bills already have a deal in place with a LB, but I have no idea who it is.

Maybe somebody who actually has insight can tell us.

Williamson? Maybe.

Might be bringing Nigel Bradham back.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Last time I was this excited was 2004 draft. I just knew that was the year and the Bills were going to do everything in their power to get a QB. Instead of giving up a couple extra picks we landed JP Losman instead of Ben Roethlisberger. 

I literally yeld NOOOOOO as loud as I could. Still hate to think about it.