Buffalo will go 3 ways with QB situation with these players in play

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm going to guess that teams have a stronger opinion on these guys than fans do. The Browns have a surplus of capital and wouldn't be shocked if they want to assure themselves of their first choice. Giants are probably more than willing to move down. Maybe multiple times. They can get the G later than top 5. 

I think it's going to come down to do the browns value their draft capital more than the difference between their 1st qb and their 3rd qb.  If their draft capital is more important to them I see them going Barkley 1 and whoever at 4.  

15 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Very first line says “trade for Keenum”. He will be a free agent come Monday 

Also Keenum can be transition tagged, franchise tagged if he is worth something. He is the only QB who is worth something to tag. Also you had said there were many inaccuracies, even if I had that wrong it doesn't change my point. He is a valuable proven QB Buffalo can go for to fix their QB issue. Grow Up!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

He didn't even come close to out throwing Brady.  Why would you give up what the eagles want for a non franchise qb.  You are tearing apart your own argument by saying he is a non franchise qb.  Manning was a shell of himself that relied on some awesome defenses to do what he did in Denver.  

Yes he did out throw Brady. Not in yardage perhaps, but he won the duel. Any concern with Foles would be about his ability to sustain that level of play. The SuperBowl was on display for all to see. I don't think it's a terrible strategy if the cost to make a move up is too high and a QB needing a bit more development is the pick. 

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Also Keenum can be transition tagged, franchise tagged if he is worth something. He is the only QB who is worth something to tag. Also you had said there were many inaccuracies, even if I had that wrong it doesn't change my point. He is a valuable proven QB Buffalo can go for to fix their QB issue. Grow Up!!!! 

I think the time for using tags has passed, no? 

...for every poster's draft favorite, he is the next poster's LEAST favorite regardless of how or where to get him.....for every poster's FA signing favorite, he is the next poster's LEAST signing favorite regardless of $$.....other than that, the picture as to what McBeane will do is as clear as mud.....so count the ways....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I would make that deal . Not sure it would be enough, as I've seen as many as 5 2018 picks suggested as the price the Bills would pay on this board. 

I agree I don't think it is quite enough.

So, #21, #22, Glenn, 3rd round 2018, 2nd round 2019?

If you think there is one QB better than the rest AND he is available at #2  I am all about doing this!

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yep, one of them.

I am down here in NYC and it is believed that Gettleman really wants to move on from the problem children on the team It is believed he views them as big time cancers, no matter what their talent is.

Take it for what it is worth. I hope it doesn't derail a possible trade up to 2 for the Bills.

Thanks for the "Giants fans" insight.  I always like hearing about other teams fans opinions.

I live in "Donkeyland" and the fans here will be livid if Elway doesn't have a proven QB under center this year.

None of the "draft" trade scenarios are worth spit until the QB FA fleshes out in the next 10 days.

FWIW

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm going to guess that teams have a stronger opinion on these guys than fans do. The Browns have a surplus of capital and wouldn't be shocked if they want to assure themselves of their first choice. Giants are probably more than willing to move down. Maybe multiple times. They can get the G later than top 5. 

This trade could be done way before draft day.  I think the Cleveland #4 for NYG #2 is a real possibility.

It's a great and exciting offseason for football fans!

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

No he cannot time has passed

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Didn't the TAG deadline pass and Keenum was NOT tagged?

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for the "Giants fans" insight.  I always like hearing about other teams fans opinions.

I live in "Donkeyland" and the fans here will be livid if Elway doesn't have a proven QB under center this year.

None of the "draft" trade scenarios are worth spit until the QB FA fleshes out in the next 10 days.

FWIW

This trade could be done way before draft day.  I think the Cleveland #4 for NYG #2 is a real possibility.

It's a great and exciting offseason for football fans!

Totally agree with all your comments!

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One game doesnt make a Career does it???  Foles is no different than a Rob Johnson scenario let another team get fooled

17 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Eli Apple?

My scenario

Browns take Barkley 1

Bills trade up and take Rosen

Colts take Chubb

Browns take Darnold

There all finished

You can't make a blanket statement Bills move up to 2nd, how did they get there? Who went with the 1st pick? This isn't LA LA Land or Walt Disney.  

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

You can't make a blanket statement Bills move up to 2nd, how did they get there? Who went with the 1st pick? This isn't LA LA Land or Walt Disney.  

I think you're being a snark so I will just say re-read as it says Browns draft Barkley. The last bit of crap is unnecessary really.

Wait, are you saying that the crazy ideas are trading up in the draft? I think that that's probably the most likely at this point.

I think Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield are quite likely going to be drafted by us and we're going to get a cheap Josh McCown or Derek Anderson in FA.

Luck is a longshot, but he's choice #1 for me. 

15 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

It’s too late to use any kind of tag

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes he did out throw Brady. Not in yardage perhaps, but he won the duel. Any concern with Foles would be about his ability to sustain that level of play. The SuperBowl was on display for all to see. I don't think it's a terrible strategy if the cost to make a move up is too high and a QB needing a bit more development is the pick. 

Or touchdowns and he threw a pick that Brady did not throw.  He did not out play Brady.  The eagles won because Pederson out coached Belichick.

1 hour ago, USABuffaloFan said:

First choice trade or free agency for proven qb;

Foles or Keenum trade, these QB's can get it done.

McCown or Bridgewater freeagency, both proven QB's also, Bridgewater has a high ceiling but injury risk.

Second choice is getting young QB with potential;

Only real choice here is McCarron, proven college Champion with skills Buffalo could use now to start. Backups Moore or Bradford.

Draft a QB but doesn't move up to top 4;

Bills can get Jackson or Baker here even moving up a few spots before possible takers

Crazy IDEA -  Trade for Franchise QB;

Two trades possible; 

Cleveland's 4th pick by giving up our 21st pick, Glenn, 2nd rounder and Cleveland's 3rd rounder back and possibility our 3rd rounder. Glenn is the key here with all the moves Cleveland has made they need protection and Tyrod knows Glenn. Not sure I would do this trade.

Indy trades Luck to Buffalo for both 1st pick's and 1st next year. This I would do in a heart beat. Luck is young and a Franchise QB, new team new outlook. Makes or breaks GM Beane but the bold move that can win Championships. We still have both 2nd's and both 3rd's for needs and solve QB issue for 10 years.

Your key is for the wrong door.

Unless Joe Thomas retired (and the Browns said they do expect he's back) they don't need an OT. Shon Coleman looks decent and was improving at lot from what I hear. 

Just a knee jerk reaction to throw Glenn in any and every trade to move up imo.

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

Or touchdowns and he threw a pick that Brady did not throw.  He did not out play Brady.  The eagles won because Pederson out coached Belichick.

And Foles didn't get stripsacked either. The Eagles win because : scoreboard. Foles outplayed Brady, imo. 

Maybe!  Sure....but, Foles played real, real good!  Arguably flawless and not in the game manager way!

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And Foles didn't get stripsacked either. The Eagles win because : scoreboard. Foles outplayed Brady, imo. 

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this topic.

3 minutes ago, Manther said:

Maybe!  Sure....but, Foles played real, real good!  Arguably flawless and not in the game manager way!

I'm not saying he didn't play really good I just don't think he outplayed Brady.  Pederson out coached bellichick.  Butler being benched should have never happened during the super bowl. 

Edited by Zebrastripes

21 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

He didn't even come close to out throwing Brady.  Why would you give up what the eagles want for a non franchise qb.  You are tearing apart your own argument by saying he is a non franchise qb.  Manning was a shell of himself that relied on some awesome defenses to do what he did in Denver.  

Manning had 2 big throwing years in Denver, last year he was wore out.

Foles had 4 TD's(one for a catch) and a MVP for the Superbowl, I would say he out played Tom Brady. 

If Foles was a Franchise QB coming off a Superbowl you could not get him so my points stand. Also Foles has produced good stats before even with the Eagles before and then was traded. Getting a starting QB in this league in the Superbowl that won costs something, a 1st and 4th is the starting point. I bet he could be had for a 2nd, 3rd and 6 or 7th. Bills could then draft Baker or Jackson and have Peterson. I think that makes Buffalo have the best chance of finding a QB to lead them while they still have McCoy.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this topic.

I'm not saying he didn't play really good I just don't think he outplayed Brady.  Pederson out coached bellichick.

Sure, that is fair.  But, Foles was flawless and aggressive and making plays the ENTIRE game.  Foles was real good-----actually great!

1 minute ago, Manther said:

Sure, that is fair.  But, Foles was flawless and aggressive and making plays the ENTIRE game.  Foles was real good-----actually great!

I agree he played a great game.  Do you think this game was the norm or the outlier for him in his career.

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Manning had 2 big throwing years in Denver, last year he was wore out.

Foles had 4 TD's(one for a catch) and a MVP for the Superbowl, I would say he out played Tom Brady. 

If Foles was a Franchise QB coming off a Superbowl you could not get him so my points stand. Also Foles has produced good stats before even with the Eagles before and then was traded. Getting a starting QB in this league in the Superbowl that won costs something, a 1st and 4th is the starting point. I bet he could be had for a 2nd, 3rd and 6 or 7th. Bills could then draft Baker or Jackson and have Peterson. I think that makes Buffalo have the best chance of finding a QB to lead them while they still have McCoy.

Why give up assets for a guy that is Not going to change your franchise around?  Go get a guy in free agency keep all your draft picks and trade up to try and land the quote on quote franchise guy.