Please Stop With the Watson/Jackson Comparisons

H2o

8 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

We do have strong wind inside of the stadium 8 times a year because of the way New Era Field was constructed.  The wind has a slight wind tunnel effect, and the fact that the Bowl sits below ground causes it to swirl around at field level.  It's the same reason that you need a kicker with a strong leg on our team as well.

I'm curious.  How many NFL kickers have weak legs?

Just now, HiddenInLight said:

Please convince me that Jackson is going to be better then Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold.

He will definitely be better in space with the ball in his hands. Throwing the football? Yeah, not so much. :thumbsup:

Please convince me that Jackson is going to be better then Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold.

I cant....you dont know either.

Nobody is saying to trade up to take Lamar Jackson.....he would be a great pick at 21 and not give up draft picks

Something people just cant seem to wrap there mind around....there are 31 other NFL teams.....we sit at 21 and 22.....and there are plenty of QB needy teams that are in front of us in draft selection.

I wouldnt mind Rosen or Mayfield at all....I want a QB in this draft....I do not want to mortgage our future draft picks past this year doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He will definitely be better in space with the ball in his hands. Throwing the football? Yeah, not so much. :thumbsup:

All those TD passes in college.....you wonder how all that happened given some of the views around here.

That's perfectly fine.  For a RB or WR.  Not a QB.

Yay...some more TT implied hate.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I cant....you dont know either.

Nobody is saying to trade up to take Lamar Jackson.....he would be a great pick at 21 and not give up draft picks

Something people just cant seem to wrap there mind around....there are 31 other NFL teams.....we sit at 21 and 22.....and there are plenty of QB needy teams that are in front of us in draft selection.

I wouldnt mind Rosen or Mayfield at all....I want a QB in this draft....I do not want to mortgage our future draft picks past this year doing it.

If we don't make a move to trade up in the draft, there was no point in all of the extra picks we aquired over the last year.  None at all.  The whole point of trading away guys like Watkins, and trading back in the draft last year was to get the ammunition that we need to move up and get our guy this year.  Now we are finally getting close to the goal and suddenly people are okay with being the best athlete NOT to podium?  I'm not okay with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HiddenInLight said:

If we don't make a move to trade up in the draft, there was no point in all of the extra picks we aquired over the last year.  None at all.  The whole point of trading away guys like Watkins, and trading back in the draft last year was to get the ammunition that we need to move up and get our guy this year.  Now we are finally getting close to the goal and suddenly people are okay with being the best athlete NOT to podium?  I'm not okay with that.

Are you having trouble with reading......I said MORTGAGING FUTURE DRAFT PICKS

Give me Rosen or Mayfield with picks in this draft?   Absolutely and that is why we accumulated picks (probably didnt expect to win so much last year) I am talking about AFTER this year......I dont want to be giving up 3 number 1's when i can get a beast like Lamar Jackson at 21.

If the picks are in this years draft?  Sign me up.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Give me Rosen or Mayfield with picks in this draft?   Absolutely and that is why we accumulated picks (probably didnt expect to win so much last year) I am talking about AFTER this year......I dont want to be giving up 3 number 1's when i can get a beast like Lamar Jackson at 21.

Do you think the Eagles fans or the Texans fans are complaining about trading up to get their guy?  What about the Chiefs?  I'm pretty sure they don't care.

For future reference Jackson isn't a beast he's the booby prize of this draft.

Edited by HiddenInLight

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And there is your agenda :rolleyes:

Jackson is no beast my friend. He is just another athlete, all be it electric, playing the QB position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

Biased against the thought that Jackson is on Watson's level or that the two are comparable considering how much better of an actual QB Deshaun is? Yes, yes I am. 

I hate to rain on your parade, dude, but it's a bit early in the game to declare Watson a good NFL QB since he played only 7 games in the NFL, and the Bills are in the market for a good NFL QB.  How either Watson or Jackson did in college means nothing in the NFL.  It's entirely possible that Watson turns out to be one of the numerous first year QBs who shine in the first year as starters only to crash and burn as DCs figure them out ... or not.  Jackson could very well turn out to be a much better NFL QB than Watson ... or they could both prove to be bests.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Do you think the Eagles fans or the Texans fans are complaining about trading up to get their guy?  What about the Chiefs?  I'm pretty sure they don't care.

For future reference Jackson isn't a beast he's the booby prize of this draft.

Lotto numbers too please

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

And there is your agenda :rolleyes:

Jackson is no beast my friend. He is just another athlete, all be it electric, playing the QB position. 

A ultra productive passing td athlete I guess

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Lotto numbers too please

So let me get this straight.  You're the only one allowed to "have an agenda" when posting?  Also, please explain to me why you are so okay with getting the afterthought quarterback in this draft, when we clearly put ourselves in a position to trade up for one of the top guys this year.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A sub 60% passer in a Bobby Petrino offense where many QB's have put up a lot of td's, with mechanical flaws, shaky decision making, and accuracy issues that worsen the further he chucks it down field. He is an electric runner though. To each their own. :thumbsup:

I would say Jackson is more comparable to Taylor over Watson. Watson is a QB that can pass the football 1st and run if need be 2nd. Taylor and Jackson are QB's that need to run the ball and make plays with athletic ability to open up the passing game. Watson should not be in the same sentence as Taylor or Jackson pertaining to passing a football.

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I hate to rain on your parade, dude, but it's a bit early in the game to declare Watson a good NFL QB since he played only 7 games in the NFL, and the Bills are in the market for a good NFL QB.  How either Watson or Jackson did in college means nothing in the NFL.  It's entirely possible that Watson turns out to be one of the numerous first year QBs who shine in the first year as starters only to crash and burn as DCs figure them out ... or not.  Jackson could very well turn out to be a much better NFL QB than Watson ... or they could both prove to be bests.

The comparison is in their ability to play QB and Watson is far superior throwing the football as is clearly evidenced even at the college level. 

2 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

So let me get this straight.  You're the only one allowed to "have an agenda" when posting?  Also, please explain to me why you are so okay with getting the afterthought quarterback in this draft, when we clearly put ourselves in a position to trade up for one of the top guys this year.

You are so fricken dense....should I really take the time to explain this to you?

There are 4-5 good qbs in this draft.

Plan A should be Rosen or Mayfield

Plan A might not be feasible

We need a QB

So move to the next tier which is still good qbs (Jackson)

Jackson can probably be had with ONE of our 1st round picks.....this team has other needs as well...they are STILL addressing the QB position with a talent promising QB

Why is this so hard to understand.....should I explain it again?  Yes I have a agenda...i want to IMPROVE THE TEAM....and there is more then one way to do that as long as they take a QB.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would say Jackson is more comparable to Taylor over Watson. Watson is a QB that can pass the football 1st and run if need be 2nd. Taylor and Jackson are QB's that need to run the ball and make plays with athletic ability to open up the passing game. Watson should not be in the same sentence as Taylor or Jackson pertaining to passing a football.

You would say that and you would also be 100% incorrect.

Defendant’s Reply Brief: Big Draft vs Lamar Jackson - Inside The Pylon

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

A sub 60% passer in a Bobby Petrino offense where many QB's have put up a lot of td's, with mechanical flaws, shaky decision making, and accuracy issues that worsen the further he chucks it down field. He is an electric runner though. To each their own. :thumbsup:

I see so he was productive in a NFL style offense.....is a bit raw with the mechanics (coachable) got better every year....so we should look away from the fact that he was a ultra productive TD thrower.

Notice in NONE of my posts do I even talk about his playmaking ability with his legs.....strickly just his arm.