Brush Burn

TSNBDSC

On 2/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, Buffalo716 said:

My father was an avid Harley rider and collector 

that was my biggest fear... a lot of his friends died that way

I understand the attraction. But being totally exposed at those speeds seems to much of a risk to justify the pleasure and economy of running a bike.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I showed him that video and he said he lost many of tattoos that way :P 

A friend of mine was showing off on his moped in the HS parking lot speeding and doing wheelies.  He landed funny after a wheelie, the front end bounced and went sideways, and he went over the handle bars.  Got road rash over most of the front of his body, but the worst part of it was his left nipple was practically hanging from a flap of skin.  I will never, ever forget it as long as I live.

The problem with motorcycles is that a little fender-bender in a car means you are dead on a bike.

Down here in FL I see riders every day zipping around with no helmet as we have no helmet laws.  One weird incident with that head banging on the ground and it's good night.  I can't believe riders casually take that kind of a risk.

And I'm totally into bikes too, well at least of a certain type.  I'm too scared to ride them though.

Speaking of road rash...

A buddy of mine from school told me about the time he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle as like a 13 year old kid.  He went over the hood of the car, flew through the air, and skimmed along the asphalt road surface with only a t-shirt on.

His shirt came up/was torn up and his entire back was shredded on the street, with little bits of asphalt imbedded in his back/skin.  

He said he will never forget the pain of the doctor at the hospital literally using like a wire brush to scrub his back, despite the fact that it was already raw meat back there.  They had to get all the asphalt bits out of his skin and that is how they did it!  

My buddy said he was literally screaming uncontrollably and he will never forget the pain.

I always think of that story when I hear the phrase "road rash" or you watch that video with the guy sliding along the road surface.  It's sickening.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, Dante said:

Motorcycles are just a bad idea. 

That’s looked a lot worse than a paper cut.

I honestly don’t like all the “look out for motorcycles” bumper stickers while motorcycles are weaving in and out of lanes. I want to drive safely, and wish them safe travels. They need to do their part. Some fall far short on that count.