In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

The case to build an NFL offense around Lamar Jackson | NFL Draft news and analysis | Pro Football Focus
Let’s open up this Lamar Jackson debate.

There are varying opinions when it comes to Jackson’s skillset, from top quarterback in the class to necessary wide receiver conversion. Of course, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle where Jackson’s limitations must be acknowledged, as does his incredible playmaking ability.

The key for Jackson at the next level will be his future offensive coordinator’s ability to tap into his playmaking while understanding and mitigating his limitations. The same can be said for any player, but it’s even more vital for Jackson who must use his athleticism at the quarterback position, something many teams are reluctant to rely upon with their franchise signal caller.

Let’s take a look at some of the positives and negatives when it comes to Jackson’s game.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The case to build an NFL offense around Lamar Jackson | NFL Draft news and analysis | Pro Football Focus
Let’s open up this Lamar Jackson debate.

There are varying opinions when it comes to Jackson’s skillset, from top quarterback in the class to necessary wide receiver conversion. Of course, the truth is likely somewhere in the middle where Jackson’s limitations must be acknowledged, as does his incredible playmaking ability.

The key for Jackson at the next level will be his future offensive coordinator’s ability to tap into his playmaking while understanding and mitigating his limitations. The same can be said for any player, but it’s even more vital for Jackson who must use his athleticism at the quarterback position, something many teams are reluctant to rely upon with their franchise signal caller.

Let’s take a look at some of the positives and negatives when it comes to Jackson’s game.

Okay you sold me, let's trade up to #1 now...Browns can have this guy at 12

I would be ok with Lamar if the Bills can't trade up. At   6'3 he might have more potential , but would need to sit a year or 2. He seems to have the determination to work hard not willing to settle for WR with his speed.

Just now, HappyDays said:

That's really weird. If I was a Texans can this would make me more concerned about Watson's knee but maybe they're just doing their due diligence.

Watson is progressing well in his rehab, but why not work Jackson out in case he slips out of the 1st round.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Watson is progressing well in his rehab, but why not work Jackson out in case he slips out of the 1st round.

Pat Kirwan just stated, with certainty, that ONE team has Jackson as their #2 QB on their board. Hmmm.... Remember the rumors after the combine.

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Pat Kirwan just stated, with certainty, that ONE team has Jackson as their #2 QB on their board. Hmmm.... Remember the rumors after the combine.

I actually forgot that the Texans also have no 2nd round pick because they traded it to the Browns to eat the Osweiler contract. 

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I don't think Jackson fits what the Bills look for in a QB so I doubt it's us but you never know. He ran the EVP system in college which is what Daboll runs so there is a possible connection. I wonder how much input Daboll will have on our pick.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Jackson fits what the Bills look for in a QB so I doubt it's us but you never know. He ran the EVP system in college which is what Daboll runs so there is a possible connection. I wonder how much input Daboll will have on our pick.

I am guessing he will have an awful lot of input that will carry very little weight.   Just my opinion.

McDermott is going to decided because his future is on the line and he is the boss.  "Head process guy".

On 2/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, #34fan said:

Okay, fine....  I'll support taking Lamar Jackson in the first round... - IF Bobby Petrino comes with him as part of the deal... Petrino is a truly special offensive mind, that can coach, and coordinate with the best of them... He's on my Short-list of HC candidates once the inevitable happens to McDermott.

825113DD-D0A6-4571-8ED4-5E876828143C.jpeg

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That's really weird. If I was a Texans can this would make me more concerned about Watson's knee but maybe they're just doing their due diligence.

Sad that Watson already has a knee issue.

Jackson's legs are skrony I would imagine he will end in the same fate as RG3, broken

On 2/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, joesixpack said:

Just say no to QBs who default to their legs. No thanks.

I just dont understand why everyone doesnt want a pure passing qb...

its a passing league now...rb's are practically an after thought now,

and it seems any rb succeeds with  a solid passing game...

Just not going to beat Philadelphia or NE with a run first game

hoping the defense carries you.