In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Do you think he leapfrogs Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield?

Or....

That many QBs go before we pick?

I don’t think he will be picked ahead of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield, but I do think he will be picked in round 1.  He has so much physical talent, including arm strength, Some team will think that they can make him great.

i honestly don’t know how he will do in the NFL - depends on how much he can improve his passing and how much the team that drafts him designs their offense around him.  His running ability can threaten a defense to the point that it helps receivers get open for easier passes.

I just don't get where people are putting Jackson as a first round pick. Guys like him have traditionally gone in the 3rd or 4th rounds, and many of those guys had a lot more production. What exactly are you pointing to to say that he's a better prospect than Carr or Cousins? How is he even that much better of a prospect than Brett Hundley was? Before the draft Zac Dysert and was talked about as possibly being a top option.

A team could reach on Jackson, but he isn't ready to lead an NFL team right now, and by the time he is, his athleticism might already be starting to decline. The kid looks like a 3-rd- 4th round prospect given the production of players that came before him. If the best you can do is complete 56% of passes against bottom-tier competition,  what are you going to do against NFL defenses? 

• Haha (+1) 1

People in NFL circles have been talking to us about "dual-threat" for decades, yet how many of them amounted to anything? Steve young is probably the best example in modern history, and won a single Super Bowl against a San Diego team that was one of the all-time worst to make it to the show. For the electrifying player Cunningham was, it never translated into postseason success. Vick never won a thing. If Cam ever wins anything it won't be by using his legs.

I want my QB to be about as athletic as Aaron Rodgers. I'd MUCH rather have a guy that sidesteps a rush like Rogers, Ben, Brady than a guy who takes off running like Taylor and Jackson at the first hint of pressure. It's a recipe for knee injuries, fumbles, and an inability to make the big play with your arm and brain.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

People in NFL circles have been talking to us about "dual-threat" for decades, yet how many of them amounted to anything? Steve young is probably the best example in modern history, and won a single Super Bowl against a San Diego team that was one of the all-time worst to make it to the show. For the electrifying player Cunningham was, it never translated into postseason success. Vick never won a thing. If Cam ever wins anything it won't be by using his legs.

I want my QB to be about as athletic as Aaron Rodgers. I'd MUCH rather have a guy that sidesteps a rush like Rogers, Ben, Brady than a guy who takes off running like Taylor and Jackson at the first hint of pressure. It's a recipe for knee injuries, fumbles, and an inability to make the big play with your arm and brain.

For the record, neither Taylor nor Jackson do what you allege.   You are simply incorrect on on both players who often escape pressure but keep their eyes downfield to make big passing plays outside of the structure of the offense just as Russell Wilson similarly does.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For the record, neither Taylor nor Jackson do what you allege.   You are simply incorrect on on both players who often escape pressure but keep their eyes downfield to make big passing plays outside of the structure of the offense just as Russell Wilson similarly does.

No offense meant, Tyrod. I wish you all the best, but I need a QB that actually throws the football and can find and hit open receivers. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

TT made so many big passing plays he’s now with Cleveland. Comparing him to Russell Wilson is laughable. Glad we have a new pocket passer in the fold.

On February 1, 2018 at 3:08 PM, buffalover4life said:

Most entertaining set of QB highlights you will watch this year and its only one season

Staring down primary receivers, getting all scrambly when the pocket breaks down, and benefitting tremendously from poor DB play that likes of which doesn't exist in the NFL...

These "highlights" show an athletic QB doing lots of crap you can get away with at the college level.  

No thanks.

17 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Staring down primary receivers, getting all scrambly when the pocket breaks down, and benefitting tremendously from poor DB play that likes of which doesn't exist in the NFL...

These "highlights" show an athletic QB doing lots of crap you can get away with at the college level.  

No thanks.

Maybe you should watch this breakdown of Jackson.

Or this one

Not sure if your eyes are fast enough