OT: Thought I Would Save the Cat-Haters Time

I know this was going to be posted sometime today, so I thought I would get the conversation over with.

I always keep a loaded 9mm on the counter when I'm cooking dinner. You never know when that chicken might be a little too fresh.

The cat was just trying to one-up on that Hunter guys' dog that killed it's owner with his own gun while being filmed. I don't remember where I saw that footage but I think Michael Moore was in it.

Speaking of cats, when I first moved into my current apartment, I noticed the cutest (yeah, i said cute... shut up) kitten. Orange and white, tiny little guy. Well, the unfortunate event that happens in every kittens life eventually occured: it turned into a cat. Now, i don't know who this thing belongs to, but my crazy neighbor feeds it. Anyway, the thing is just evil. My dog is not huge by any means, but at 40lbs, is at least 5 or 6 times the wieght of this thing. Anyway, this morning I take my dog out, and there is this little bastard cat. I left my door open, as I wasn't going for a walk, just letting the dog go. Anyway, I get back in my house, and there is this cat, sitting on my couch! Well, my dog goes nuts, luckily still on the leash. She goes up to the cat, and instead of running away, the cat hisses at her, and swats at my dogs face. Now I'm pissed. So i put the dog in my room, (so she won't get scratched, as she's a big wimp). I come back out, and the thing is still sitting there. I tell it to schoo - nothing. I get closer, and the thing starts hissing again. So, not wanting to come to work covered in scratches, I grab a broom and try to nudge the bastard. It attacks the broom. So, for the next 10 minutes, I'm trying to get this frigging thing off my couch and out of my house. Finally, I figure its hungry, and go in my fridge. All I really had was left over chinese. 5 minutes of pursuading, and finally, this evil creature was on the sidewalk, eating some kung pow...

Speaking of cats, when I first moved into my current apartment, I noticed the cutest (yeah, i said cute... shut up) kitten. Orange and white, tiny little guy. Well, the unfortunate event that happens in every kittens life eventually occured: it turned into a cat. Now, i don't know who this thing belongs to, but my crazy neighbor feeds it. Anyway, the thing is just evil. My dog is not huge by any means, but at 40lbs, is at least 5 or 6 times the wieght of this thing. Anyway, this morning I take my dog out, and there is this little bastard cat. I left my door open, as I wasn't going for a walk, just letting the dog go. Anyway, I get back in my house, and there is this cat, sitting on my couch! Well, my dog goes nuts, luckily still on the leash. She goes up to the cat, and instead of running away, the cat hisses at her, and swats at my dogs face. Now I'm pissed. So i put the dog in my room, (so she won't get scratched, as she's a big wimp). I come back out, and the thing is still sitting there. I tell it to schoo - nothing. I get closer, and the thing starts hissing again. So, not wanting to come to work covered in scratches, I grab a broom and try to nudge the bastard. It attacks the broom. So, for the next 10 minutes, I'm trying to get this frigging thing off my couch and out of my house. Finally, I figure its hungry, and go in my fridge. All I really had was left over chinese. 5 minutes of pursuading, and finally, this evil creature was on the sidewalk, eating some kung pow...

269346[/snapback]

I take it you didn't have a loaded 9mm handy I take it...... :o

Maybe it's rabid.No kidding.

270032[/snapback]

I've actually considered that. See, whenever I go anywhere besides work, my dog goes with me (she loves to ride in the truck, and besides, she's alone all day, so i take her with me). Anyway, there is a walkway that goes under three palm tress and then out into my driveway area. One day, the little cat was sitting there. Sadie (my dog) was leading the way, and this cat just started hisssssing... bad. It will eventually swat. Ever since then I just avoid it, for fear it might be rabid. There are a couple other cats that show up sometimes (if my god damn neighbor would stop feeding them, I'd have nothing to worry about), but they run as soon as they see me or my dog.

The cat was smart enough to teach the guy a lesson.  :devil:

Why would anyone be cooking dinner with a loaded gun on the counter?

269302[/snapback]

Sounds to me like some alcohol was involved in this scenario.

I've actually considered that. See, whenever I go anywhere besides work, my dog goes with me (she loves to ride in the truck, and besides, she's alone all day, so i take her with me). Anyway, there is a walkway that goes under three palm tress and then out into my driveway area. One day, the little cat was sitting there. Sadie (my dog) was leading the way, and this cat just started hisssssing... bad. It will eventually swat.  Ever since then I just avoid it, for fear it might be rabid.  There are a couple other cats that show up sometimes (if my god damn neighbor would stop feeding them, I'd have nothing to worry about), but they run as soon as they see me or my dog.

270037[/snapback]

Two words: Pellet gun.