Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You really just can't help yourself can you? You're obsessed! In a thread about Peterman you quote a post about Peterman that has no mention whatsoever of Tyrod, and you are still compelled to bring him up. Why? Tyrod's mediocrity has absolutely no bearing on Peterman's abysmal play.

Here's a fun fact: over his ~5 quarters of play, Peterman exactly matched Tyrod's passing TD% as a Buffalo Bill (4.1%).

Here's another fun fact: In 2017, among all players who attempted at least 20 passes, only one had an INT% over 10% (Peterman). The next highest after Peterman was a tie between Kevin Hogan and Paxton Lynch at 6.7%

You want better than Tyrod? Great! Peterman ain't it. And he's gonna need major gains in arm strength to ever even come close.

This really makes me chuckle. Peterman throws a much better ball than Taylor -- maybe he's not as good at heaving it as far out of bounds as Tyrod, but in the brief time 2 has been on the field, he's already made throws and reads that Taylor simply can't do. The difference is that Tyrod is smart enough to know his own limitations and just won't attempt passes to Kelvin Benjamin like Peterman did, because he knows his arm sucks. 

Peterman is still learning, and may or may not ever be anything. I'd be fine with keeping him on as a developmental guy -- if he pans out, great! Turn him into a 3rd round pick down the road. If not and he turns out to be a human interception machine, cut him and move on. No big loss. 

Tyrod has already concretely proven himself to not be a capable starting QB. 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You really just can't help yourself can you? You're obsessed! In a thread about Peterman you quote a post about Peterman that has no mention whatsoever of Tyrod, and you are still compelled to bring him up. Why? Tyrod's mediocrity has absolutely no bearing on Peterman's abysmal play.

Here's a fun fact: over his ~5 quarters of play, Peterman exactly matched Tyrod's passing TD% as a Buffalo Bill (4.1%).

Here's another fun fact: In 2017, among all players who attempted at least 20 passes, only one had an INT% over 10% (Peterman). The next highest after Peterman was a tie between Kevin Hogan and Paxton Lynch at 6.7%

You want better than Tyrod? Great! Peterman ain't it. And he's gonna need major gains in arm strength to ever even come close.

Why?

crusader.jpg

I took a lot of crap for saying that Bills fans aren’t informed. Obviously there are exceptions but we didn’t grow up playing the game, our media didn’t either, we don’t follow college football, and our high school football is played at a low level. We are incredibly loyal and passionate but not knowledgeable. 

That brings us here, 23 pages into a thread where some people believe Nathan Peterman is a viable starting QB option in the NFL!! Nathan Peterman doesn’t even believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

If true this is an outrage of the highest order. An abomination. A kerfuffle. A conundrum. 

How could any any competent staff see Peterman as anything other than Frank Reich at best, Gale Gilbert at worst? 

If more, tar and feather them all immediately. Furthermore, send them all over the falls in a tar coated flaming ship with huge Ls on the side. 

Nathan freaking Peterman? Really? 

Thats why he is the coach and you are doing whatever you do.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I took a lot of crap for saying that Bills fans aren’t informed. Obviously there are exceptions but we didn’t grow up playing the game, our media didn’t either, we don’t follow college football, and our high school football is played at a low level. We are incredibly loyal and passionate but not knowledgeable. 

That brings us here, 23 pages into a thread where some people believe Nathan Peterman is a viable starting QB option in the NFL!! Nathan Peterman doesn’t even believe that.

Oh, you are a mindreader too

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are so many intelligent posts that generate 2 or 3 pages of commentary yet this one produces 23 pages.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

This really makes me chuckle. Peterman throws a much better ball than Taylor -- maybe he's not as good at heaving it as far out of bounds as Tyrod, but in the brief time 2 has been on the field, he's already made throws and reads that Taylor simply can't do. The difference is that Tyrod is smart enough to know his own limitations and just won't attempt passes to Kelvin Benjamin like Peterman did, because he knows his arm sucks. 

Peterman is still learning, and may or may not ever be anything. I'd be fine with keeping him on as a developmental guy -- if he pans out, great! Turn him into a 3rd round pick down the road. If not and he turns out to be a human interception machine, cut him and move on. No big loss. 

Tyrod has already concretely proven himself to not be a capable starting QB. 

There really isn’t anything you said here that isn’t true.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You never know. 

Nate might be delusional. 

How else can you explain 5 INTs in 7 drives?

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Such a weak argument.  Does every coach and GM in the NFL make the right decision every time to make them infallible? 

I do not think a Coach or GM makes every decision right any more than any man makes every decision right in his life. Unfortunately, some of you think you know more than a professional Coach or GM ,and is patently obvious that some of you do not, and i am not just talking about the coaches from Buffalo.

Just now, Wily Dog said:

I do not think a Coach or GM makes every decision right any more than any man makes every decision right in his life. Unfortunately, some of you think you know more than a professional Coach or GM ,and is patently obvious that some of you do not, and i am not just talking about the coaches from Buffalo.

Some of us know what we see when Peterman plays and it's mostly bad. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod Taylor has nothing to do with whether Peterman is a starter or even a viable backup in the NFL.  Another lame argument. 

I did not mention Peterman , but you must have rabbit ears because it is evident that when we mention knowledgeable , you automatically think of him .

Just now, Wily Dog said:

I did not mention Peterman , but you must have rabbit ears because it is evident that when we mention knowledgeable , you automatically think of him .

:huh: Well this is a thread about Peterman and you posted about Taylor for some strange reason. 

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

I posted my opinion in opposition to yours about Peterman. 

Once again it's a lame argument to make in support of Peterman because he should be assessed based on what he brings to the table which isn't much so I understand your attempt to deflect.