How to be better than Jags

Ga boy

I guess I'm just debbie downer, but if Bortles completes some easy dump downs they run away from us by 20+.

Our safeties had a great year, but they need to duplicate their career years.  White looks like a find and Gaines played well but their corners are the best in the league.  Their linebackers and especially their pass rush are on a different level than ours.

I think the Jags are an extreme example of how you can win without strong QB play in this league, but the Vikings and Eagles show it as well, both are very strong defenses and offenses with playmakers that make life easier on the QB.  We were very lucky Shady stayed healthy all year, the Vikings (Cook) / Eagles (Wentz) / Jags (Robinson) / Pats (Edelman) progressed the final 4 while missing key pieces of their offenses.  As currently constructed if we lost Shady for a significant portion of the year we'd be lucky to average 13 points per game.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

True.  But I have seen several games this year where he looks like he wish he were somewhere else.  I think he may be losing the love of the game he once had.  After the season I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs 'em up.

I don't know. I feel like he has always been a moody one on the field. But he is always able to put it behind him and get ready for the next play or next game. I just don't see him hanging them up until he loses several steps and he is no longer a top 3 QB in the league. I know he won't hang around as just a top 10-15 QB.

10 hours ago, fridge said:

I agree that we match up well against them.  I'm not afraid of the Jaguars. They got hot at the right time and their defense is tough, but they don't scare me.  Until they prove me otherwise, I'm counting this AFC Championship run as a fluke.

They got a very solid team on paper. Their problem for the most part was Bortles.

If he plays like he did against NE, they showed how good of a team they are. 

They went toe for toe against the defending champs in Gillette 

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

True.  But I have seen several games this year where he looks like he wish he were somewhere else.  I think he may be losing the love of the game he once had.  After the season I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs 'em up.

I would say extremely unlikely. He’s said not too long ago he wants to play to mid 40s.

Unfortunetely it doesn’t look like Brady is going anywhere for at least a few years 

Edited by billsfan11

We are 5-6 players away from being there guys. They have depth at RB, we don't. They have really good LBs, we don't. They have at least 2 receivers capable of making plays on the ball, we have one and a half. they have a solid D-line and ours is a hot mess beyond Kyle. 

• Like (+1) 1