8 years ago I gave up season tickets

21 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I sat in 2016 section 141 row 32 $545 per seat and after the first down payment I was able to spread the cost over 5 months for like $120 (we had two seats). It really was affordable ticket wise. It was more the time and tailgating costs that pushed me away because I come from Rochester so it really is the entire day. That said I do plan to return someday with my wife and I as season ticket holders it was something really special and unique regardless of record that we enjoyed.

Tell me about the time..I live in Richmond VA..made 6 home games this year due to some special circumstances..but I love the all-day nature of the games. Course my kids are older now, so what else I got to do?

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you don’t have seasons, how are you all picking up these tix? I get annoyed by the Stubhub fees. I paid almost $100 for Xavier tix last weekend with a face value of $13. A LOT of that was the fees. 

College is weird though. Face on a college ticket means absolutely nothing. That ticket actual cost may be $13 per ticket for the year, plus a minimum donation of $5,000 to the Musketeer Club. Crimminy, i have to donate to the Spider Club for my Richmond Football tickets, not much, but still a requirement.

Edited by plenzmd1

54 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He was a little before my time. I’d love to find a rob riddick jersey but that will be a tad more difficult to find..

You missed a good one.  He was electric.  Sad how things turned out.  May have been a hall of famer if he was on a different team.  He was a complete back

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If you don’t have seasons, how are you all picking up these tix? I get annoyed by the Stubhub fees. I paid almost $100 for Xavier tix last weekend with a face value of $13. A LOT of that was the fees. 

Part of the reason I’m ok w dropping seasons is having a cousin w day 1 seniority. When the sched comes out I can just get opener and prime games through him at face value. 

Then I can play the secondary market for the in between or late season games. Figure whatever ‘premium’ I end up paying will be evened out by not paying full price for preseason tix.

I lose money each year on my seasons since I don't make every game, and trying to sell clubs on the internet when ticket master won't let me price them under their minimum  is difficult. But I like my seats too much to give them up.

15 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tell me about the time..I live in Richmond VA..made 6 home games this year due to some special circumstances..but I love the all-day nature of the games. Course my kids are older now, so what else I got to do?

Oh we love the all day nature of the games also and we still did 3 games this year. Nothing is as sweet as opening the door of the car in the parking lot and smelling game day. Haha yea we are on the younger side were we have a 1000 responsibilities it seems at points.