Today's snowflake story

that's what a degree specializing in Mrs. is all about.

a snowflake is also someone told 10,000 times that her degree is gonna be worthless and not to rack up 2 years salary or (20 years) in debt...

a lot of my friends and relatives moved to the US and !@#$ed off totally on their Canadian student loans.  I feel like telling the authorites when they are back in the country sometimes...

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

a snowflake is also someone told 10,000 times that her degree is gonna be worthless and not to rack up 2 years salary or (20 years) in debt...

No, that's not what snowflake means.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I feel like telling the authorites...

That's being a snowflake

Edited by Cugalabanza

a few deserve to be held in a dog cage until they pay off their student loans when they clearly were able to...

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Have statistics to back that up?

yeah... okay... :wacko:

i've done enough work at banks on matters involving deadbeats to feel sorry for anyone....

---------------------------------------

For the senior year of a friend's fiancee her school "accidentally" sent off a bunch of student loans to collection agents, inaccurately labeling them deadbeat. And refusing to do anything about it when it was admitted.

She was harassed endlessly through her senior year and took on 2 part-time jobs to pay it off in the teeth of the injustice of it all.  It was a good sign she was and is a good mate 28 years later.

In this flakes snowflakes congregate to form a snowball.

Jesus Christ some y'all pathetic. 

This chick got knocked up at 25, went to school for a masters she didn't have any plan to pay back, the dude left and now she's on the hook for the blood clot when she should have considered consequences.

Yeah, sorry, poor little white girl doesn't even know the real stuggle.

Snowflake B word.

Just now, row_33 said:

so obviously where is the dude in this?

Yep?  Where is he? And more importantly What is the moral of the story? Don't get an education? They don't come to any definitive conclusion about personal decisions or responsibility. That is a millennial trait but not limited to that generation. Snowflakes are many many things and those who don't understand it probably should realize they are part of the problem. A snowflake will will not recognize their own responsibility or Consequences of their actions nor accept the consequences of those actions which others take. A snowflake will make decisions based upon their irrational feelings like a little B word because let's face it feelings are not logical nor sensible nor have any reason in common thought unless you are a B word. So this poor girl made choices that you know has to live by and we are to feel bad for her... She is a snowflake. And if you feel bad for her you were likely a snowflake yourself

Glad she's making her payments, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. She got a master's degree without a plan, has a crappy-paying job she's not really looking to upgrade, and bought a house she can't afford. It's great that she's happy, but she put herself in that financial situation.

Oh and yeah, I would.

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yep?  Where is he? And more importantly What is the moral of the story? Don't get an education? They don't come to any definitive conclusion about personal decisions or responsibility. That is a millennial trait but not limited to that generation. Snowflakes are many many things and those who don't understand it probably should realize they are part of the problem. A snowflake will will not recognize their own responsibility or Consequences of their actions nor accept the consequences of those actions which others take. A snowflake will make decisions based upon their irrational feelings like a little B word because let's face it feelings are not logical nor sensible nor have any reason in common thought unless you are a B word. So this poor girl made choices that you know has to live by and we are to feel bad for her... She is a snowflake. And if you feel bad for her you were likely a snowflake yourself

the very hard-earned and learned moral of the story is that if you don't have old family $$$$$ then you cannot act like you have old family $$$$, a humanities degree is worthless to get a job that wasn't already waiting for you from your birth announcement...

My friends parents thought that any degree was great so they let them get butterfly chasing and goldfish-feeding studies, I was told by my parents that they'd pay for my undergrad tuition and board provided that I took business or science or engineering as my field. 

9 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Poor life choices lead to poor results. It's always funny to me when people tell me I'm lucky to have paid off my student loan debt so fast.

My ex-wife paid mine off, along with my truck loan I had at the time. Thankfully she never asked to be re-paid during the divorce. 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Canada also doesn't have an Education Industrial Complex the size of the US

For sure. Seems like there is roughly one post-high school place of learning for every 5 Americans.

1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

Student loans are much like all loans in that the person seeking the loan MUST read the fine print, consider the "tomorrow" consequences within a realistic context, then make a decision.  If one can't see the end point, it's often best not to begin the journey.

A child is ENTITLED to get a University degree simply because they exist, get with the program...  :rolleyes:

Hopefully if one has a child one will be ready enough to give them a chance at reaching their highest eligible level of education, but it may not be a smooth ride the whole way through.