2017 CFP Game Thread

/dev/null

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

He's played one half of college ball and made one good pass. He ain't going anywhere....yet.

I agree, Tau is not going anywhere yet. Much to the delight of Bama fans every where.

What you saw was a taste of Tau. He has done more than play "one half of college ball and made one good pass".

Saban has no problem in letting his backups get playing time as a game and the season progresses. At least twice during the regular season, Tau has played the second half in ball games. And he has been dynamic, and a play maker every time.

Don't take my word for it, here is a LSU faithful describing one of Tau's play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arq4O3S6FiQ

10 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Must be nice to have a QB who is not afraid to push the ball downfield<_<

NFL harder than College.

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Do you have a local crying room?

What is a catch, or an interception, anymore?

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Funny thing--I guess it's never Jesus' fault when they lose.

"Hang on a minute....I just want to say F-you Jesus for costing us that game just now.  OK. I feel better.  Now what's your question?"

LOL

Let me get Stevie Johnson on the phone.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, WMDman said:

That wasn’t a pick in the end zone 

It definitely was. He had the ball firmly against his thigh with a foot down, then pulled the ball into his hands. Never lost control, never bobbled. Officials don't even know what a catch is anymore.

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Part of the charm and fun of college football is how it is absolutely MILES behind the NFL.  It is a very primitive game in comparison where huge mistakes can and routinely do happen.

I still can't get over how freaking awful the kickers are, for example, on a lot of absolutely TOP football teams! 

FGs are often a "hold your breath" moment at the college level, which actually adds a lot of intrigue and fun to the games.

The college recipe is actually more entertaining than the NFL in many ways.

I completely disagree with you on that point. I saw some dynamic formations and plays last night that most NFL teams are afraid to try. Its almost like the innovations on offense are all in college football. The NFL just dismisses this stuff as "gadget plays" but to me they look a lot like Ted Marchibroda's offense of early 90s. The running play on the Bulldogs 2nd TD was executed perfectly and all I could think of was why didn't the Bills do something like that on the goal line vs Jacksonville??!!. I would say that college football is where coaches have the guts to try new things. The NFL is where outdated ideas live and innovations come to die!

You are completely correct about the rest of the post. The entertainment value in the NCAA is when mistakes blow open the game. Last night was chock full of that much to the improvement of the game.  The kicking of FGs was especially hilarious. The Alabama kicker looked like a guy they pulled out of the audience on that last second kick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.