If Dennison is brought back will you still trust the process?

Klaista2k

Dennison  

111 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills bring back Dennison will you still trust the process?

• Yes
    • No

I won't argue having a limited quarterback has handcuffed Dennison.

Problem is situational playcalling has been horrific.. And a fireable offense.

The 1st and goal run pass option, cmon. No option to it. Run it in. Jags were reeling.

Why was Taylor given the option?  And did he understand that if Benjamin is covered, air mail it out of bounds?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That is definitely a valid point if he can develop a QB

but, and I will use this an example...

Trevor Simian greatly regressed without Dennison and I suspect that he greatly wished he still had him

not that I thought simian was a franchise QB... but that Dennison was able to mask his deficiencies and make him look serviceable 

heck there were articles this summer about simian being the next Tom Brady lol

Dennison definitely did a better job developing Simian than Vance Joseph and Mike McCoy

So, you're saying that Tyrod is likely to regress next year without Dennison being his OC?

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Trevor Simian greatly regressed without Dennison and I suspect that he greatly wished he still had him

not that I thought simian was a franchise QB... but that Dennison was able to mask his deficiencies and make him look serviceable 

Dennison definitely did a better job developing Simian than Vance Joseph and Mike McCoy

I appreciate you pointing that detail out. I had not considered that .
Doesn't move my needle enough.
Lynn did a better job with tyrod.
 tough to truly judge from over here. just my two cents. just not a believer in Dennison at this point.

3 minutes ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

I won't argue having a limited quarterback has handcuffed Dennison.

Problem is situational playcalling has been horrific.. And a fireable offense.

The 1st and goal run pass option, cmon. No option to it. Run it in. Jags were reeling.

Why was Taylor given the option?  And did he understand that if Benjamin is covered, air mail it out of bounds?

he still would have been called for OPI. blatant mistake

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I appreciate you pointing that detail out. I had not considered that .
Doesn't move my needle enough.
Lynn did a better job with tyrod.
 tough to truly judge from over here. just my two cents. just not a believer in Dennison at this point.

And just to point out ... when I say "Trevor Simian greatly regressed without Dennison and I suspect that he greatly wished he still had him"

i mean that Simian greatly wishes that he had Dennison , not vice versa.

and to your point Lynn did do better with TT but he also had more weapons as well.

we need someone who is willing to work with our talent not mold them into something they aren't 

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod handcuffs anything the offense wants to be able to do. It's impossible to stretch the field, he checks down more than Trent Edwards and when he does throw deep he misses the WR by a month. I believe in this staff, I do NOT believe in the QB and it's clear they don't either. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And just to point out ... when I say "Trevor Simian greatly regressed without Dennison and I suspect that he greatly wished he still had him"

i mean that Simian greatly wishes that he had Dennison , not vice versa.

and to your point Lynn did do better with TT but he also had more weapons as well.

we need someone who is willing to work with our talent not mold them into something they aren't 

I think our thinking runs along similar lines.
 I willing to guess. Creating plays for gameday all day with Taylor is no small challenge !

1 minute ago, PaulieYayo said:

Tyrod handcuffs anything the offense wants to be able to do. It's impossible to stretch the field, he checks down more than Trent Edwards and when he does throw deep he misses the WR by a month. I believe in this staff, I do NOT believe in the QB and it's clear they don't either. 

just wondering why it is clear that Bills do not.

I have no idea either way about how they think on this. What has you sure they do not want want Taylor back next year .
They could draft one and sincerely use him as  the bridge QB after all.

Let me start by saying I hate Dennison right now and hope he's fired this week.  

But if McD and Beane decide they want to see how whatever new QB we bring in fits into Dennison's system since TT was clearly not the ideal fit, then I am not going to stop trusting McD.  I have been fully in on the McD train since we hired him, and he's done nothing but continue to instill further confidence.  Beane I am cautiously optmistic on even though I haven't agreed with all his decisions, but thats OK, no one is ever going to agree with everything one does.  

So no, wont waiver my faith in the regime...but that being said...PLLLLLEEEAAASSSEE FIRE RICO :)

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think our thinking runs along similar lines.
 I willing to guess. Creating plays for gameday all day with Taylor is no small challenge !

just wondering why it is clear that Bills do not.

I have no idea either way about how they think on this. What has you sure they do not want want Taylor back next year .
They could draft one and sincerely use him as  the bridge QB after all.

I think it's clear since they benched TT in favor of Peterman in the middle of a playoff push. If NP didn't implode, TT never sees the field again in a Bills uniform IMO. The play calling has been very conservative because TT just cant get his WRs the ball

Edited by PaulieYayo

6 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

I think it's clear since they benched TT in favor of Peterman in the middle of a playoff push. If NP didn't implode, TT never sees the field again in a Bills uniform IMO. The play calling has been very conservative because TT just cant get his WRs the ball

Felt it was more a motivational move. Starting Peterman. Hoping he would do well of course, but if not? Give Tyrod full notice.
and then they went back to Tyrod .

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

If he is fired it would mean that in Tyrod’s 3 years as a starter all 3 of his OCs were fired. Bad QBs make everyone look bad. 

why was Hackett let go?
why was Roman let go? and the 3rd is Lynn ?

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I would say Simian regressed after losing Kubiak

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I would say Simian regressed after losing Kubiak

I mean Kubiak still works for the Broncos iirc 

if he was the whisperer that had Simian running smoothly  he would still be there helping him

because he's employed by the Broncos

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What do you mean?

You don't have to be a head coach to help a player develop 

simian was named captain and they had high hopes for him

kubiak is still employed by the Broncos in a front office role... if he was solely responsible for making Simian look good they would still have him help Simian develop 

he severely regressed this year. But he looked serviceable with Dennison as OC

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In a calendar year he went from RB coach to HC. Yeah, fired was a poor description for what happened to Lynn.

Regardless of if he would have gotten a he’d coaching gig or not the Bills were going to fire him, I’m glad he got an offer but he had his last day in Buffalo as soon as McD was hired.