4th and 1 @ the 2

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

you guys are hilarious it wasn't the right call. the 3 points is already in your back pocket by holding the jags who hadn't moved the ball the whole first half. What are they going to do on the 1 or 2 yard line? I guess you also liked when Mcdermott punted the ball on 4th and 1 in the Indy game too. Dude plays the game like a loser. The odds were so much more in their favor to go for it and get the 3 later if that failed.

Good to see you started a thread where you aren’t open to others opinions, good stuff!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Madden are you clueless? Tell me what the Jags did on their first 6 possesions? What were they going to do backed up in their own end. Play it safe and punt. Then you get the 3. Mcdermott is a horrible in game decision coach. But I keep hearing he's built a great culture blah blah blah

Scoreless tie.  You take the points.  Every coach does there.

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

Good to see you started a thread where you aren’t open to others opinions, good stuff!!

Yea obviously I'm not that's why I'm pissed Mcdermott decided to kick the fg to begin with.

Just now, Success said:

Scoreless tie.  You take the points.  Every coach does there.

Except for when it's tied and the Jags go for it lol.

O yea and Marrone is a notorious conservative coach. We should know that. Keep apologizing for Mcdermott being outcoached by Marrone today.

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Don't turn this into what they should have done on first and goal because that's obvious. It takes a real coach to realize how limited your offense is and how limited the other team's offense was. You go for that and back them up if you fail.

I’m not sure I follow, a limited offense should go for it and not take points when they can against another team with a limited offense?

so they should play for the 0-0 tie?

18 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

And the bills decide to kick the fg. It ended up working out when Jacksonville jumped offsides but this is the story of McDermott for the year. Play not to lose. If you trust your d which you should have this game you go for it and if you do t get it hold the jags to a 3 and out backed up in their own end then the 3 would still be there before the end of the half. This guy has 0 balls and has a loser mentality in my opinion. Meanwhile the jags go for it on fourth and short and get a td. Thanks McDermott. 

LOl I don't even know where to begin.  This is quite possibly the funniest post I have seen in a long time.  Almost every coach in the NFL kicks the field goal in that situation.  This coach that "plays like a loser" led this team to their first playoff appearance in over 20 years.  I think he has a pretty good idea what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea obviously I'm not that's why I'm pissed Mcdermott decided to kick the fg to begin with.

Except for when it's tied and the Jags go for it lol.

O yea and Marrone is a notorious conservative coach. We should know that. Keep apologizing for Mcdermott being outcoached by Marrone today.

Out coached?   No one gave the Bills a shot today.

It’s a bad thread.  It happens.

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

LOl I don't even know where to begin.  This is quite possibly the funniest post I have seen in a long time.  Almost every coach in the NFL kicks the field goal in that situation.  This coach that "plays like a loser" led this team to their first playoff appearance in over 20 years.  I think he has a pretty good idea what he's doing.

You think so?  McD has a lot of learning to do as shown this year by some really awkward decisions.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’m not sure I follow, a limited offense should go for it and not take points when they can against another team with a limited offense?

The difference of a game was a TD. do you guys not get that? If they get a TD at that point the game is basically over. If they don't they could still get a FG easily by playing the field position battle at the end of the half and prevent the Jags from getting a 3 at the end. Pretty easily to see really.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Out coached?   No one gave the Bills a shot today.

It’s a bad thread.  It happens.

No one gave the bills a shot? dude the jags qb threw for less than 100 yards and they scored 10 points. The jags are not a very good team.

18 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

bull ****. The jags weren’t moving the ball at the very least you get he ball back get 15 to 20 yards and get a fg before half and end it 3-0 instead it played out the way it did and you end up 3-3

Did you see what we did when we got the 1st down from the off sides?  Even seeing that you still think he was dumb for kicking?  Now you're predicting where we'd get the ball after not making it?  I think you're off based here for wanting to be upset at McD.

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

The difference of a game was a TD. do you guys not get that? If they get a TD at that point the game is basically over. If they don't they could still get a FG easily by playing the field position battle at the end of the half and prevent the Jags from getting a 3 at the end. Pretty easily to see really.

So, you’ve determined they would have easily got a FG before the half, even though they didn’t get close enough to get another one before the half? Are you seriously suggesting that? Why wasn’t it 6-3 before the half, the Bills were actually more aggressive and came out throwing when it was 3-0?

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So, you’ve determined they would have easily got a FG before the half, even though they didn’t get close enough to get another one before the half? Are you seriously suggesting that? Why wasn’t it 6-3 before the half, the Bills were actually more aggressive and came out throwing when it was 3-0?

field position how does it work? When the Bills got the ball back they got it on their 10 yard line that's a huge difference then getting the ball back on the 50 or even the opponets side the field. Keep playing to lose though.

7 minutes ago, KW95 said:

You think so?  McD has a lot of learning to do as shown this year by some really awkward decisions.

All coaches are constantly learning and trying to get better if they're any good at all.  He managed to do what no other coach has done for this team in a very long time.  And he did it on his first try.  I'd say he's pretty good at what he does already.  Can he get better?  Of course, we all can.  

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

no they should go for the 7 when they are at the goal line because the other team won't be able to move the ball from there. Also when you have the ball for almost 9 minutes and walk away kicking a 3 at the goal line that's a huge blown opportunity.

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

field position how does it work? When the Bills got the ball back they got it on their 10 yard line that's a huge difference then getting the ball back on the 50 or even the opponets side the field. Keep playing to lose though.

What?

How do you know where the Bills would have gotten the ball back?  You’re assuming an awful lot.

He’s a solution that doesnt involve assuming you’ll get the ball back at the 50. You take the 3 points. This isn’t the Pats where you need to keep TB off the field.