Damn greedy Ravens

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...ack=1&cset=true

After striking quickly in free agency for receiver Derrick Mason and cornerback Samari Rolle, the Ravens could begin their pursuit for a starting right guard by the end of the week.

Rick DeMulling, an unrestricted free agent from the Indianapolis Colts, is believed to top the Ravens' list of candidates for that position. A three-year starter at right guard for the high-powered Colts, he is considered the top guard left on the free-agent market.

Can't they let us get at least one good guy?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...ack=1&cset=true

After striking quickly in free agency for receiver Derrick Mason and cornerback Samari Rolle, the Ravens could begin their pursuit for a starting right guard by the end of the week.

Rick DeMulling, an unrestricted free agent from the Indianapolis Colts, is believed to top the Ravens' list of candidates for that position. A three-year starter at right guard for the high-powered Colts, he is considered the top guard left on the free-agent market.

Can't they let us get at least one good guy?

267733[/snapback]

how dare they make bold steps to improve their football club!! the nerve!

Maybe this will finally cause Donahoe to make a move. I'm not comfortable with the prospect of Peters/Bannan/Gandy/???? covering JP's blind side.

267740[/snapback]

If we go into the season with Peters and Bannan anywhere near the Oline I'll sh*t myself

After seeing that thread about McNally liking Bannan and Peters, I don't think that the Bills are in any big hurry to sign someone like DeMulling, Vincent, Shelton, etc. I think that they are looking more to replace Teague at center than anything else, but won't break the bank to do it, and probably feel comfortable having Teague still be the starting center. JMO.

After seeing that thread about McNally liking Bannan and Peters, I don't think that the Bills are in any big hurry to sign someone like DeMulling, Vincent, Shelton, etc.  I think that they are looking more to replace Teague at center than anything else, but won't break the bank to do it, and probably feel comfortable having Teague still be the starting center.  JMO.

268373[/snapback]

If Bannan or Peters turns out to be a solid tackle, then McNally would have certainly claimed his place as the best Oline coach in the league. If he does choose to go that route, I sure hope he has a backup plan with an experienced tackle.

I think if their gonna pay someone to play LT, make sure the guy CAN play it. Now I dont know the plan if they sign him but he said out his very own mouth "guard, center anything inside but NOT tackle" <<verbatim. Im all for signing a player of his caliber IF they play him at his position. Dont just stick him where you want because you think you have the incredible Jim McNally to work his magic.

What's amusing to me is the last line of the KFFL reference to that same story from the same guy at the Baltimore Sun... "However, the team has not scheduled a visit with him at this time."

Ravens | Interested in DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:56:00 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens are in the market for a veteran guard and free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) is believed to top the team's list of candidates at that position. However, the team has not scheduled a visit with DeMulling at this time.

What's amusing to me is the last line of the KFFL reference to that same story from the same guy at the Baltimore Sun... "However, the team has not scheduled a visit with him at this time."

268902[/snapback]

Sounds like his agent's planting stories to goose the Bills and Lions into making an offer. We know that approach doesn't work with TD, but Matt Millen's liable to panic and pull the trigger...

How Does Baltimore have all of this cap room?

268893[/snapback]

it's called annual manipulation of the cap. what you have in buffalo is the annual cry of cap poverty when the simple fact of the matter is that the cap can easily be tweaked to accommodate new players. i'm not saying donohoe is wrong to play it the way he has, but it should be stressed that his cap poverty BS is a smokescreen. when the team makes the playoffs, i'll cut him a little more slack.

it's called annual manipulation of the cap. what you have in buffalo is the annual cry of cap poverty when the simple fact of the matter is that the cap can easily be tweaked to accommodate new players. i'm not saying donohoe is wrong to play it the way he has, but it should be stressed that his cap poverty BS is a smokescreen. when the team makes the playoffs, i'll cut him a little more slack.

268943[/snapback]

TD has proven that when he wants a player, he goes after that player and usually gets the deal done. The fact that we have not made the playoffs has nothing to do with TD citing "cap poverty". When TD publicly announced concern over whether the Bills 'would be able to bring back' Pat and/or Jonas, obvoiusly what that means is that TD does not consider those particular players worth the money they would receive from another team. Obviously TD is not going to issue a press release entitled "Pat Willams and Jonas Jennings are Fat, Overrated, and Overpaid".......so he says it the other way.

How Does Baltimore have all of this cap room?

268893[/snapback]

Because Dan Snyder isn't the owner.

I think I'm gonna start a personal war with baby Dan. Sure. He has more money than I do, but I can't stand Napolean types who think they're better than everyone else.

Snyder the midget should be the personal manservant for Al Davis. That's all he's good for.