My Least Favorite Reporter = Bill Barnwell From ESPN

BuffaloRush

For myself and many other Bills fans, I can't stand this reporter from ESPN Bill Barnwell.  He basically showed up on the Bills radar when he wrote a long article defending Tyrod Taylor and using deceiving stats from mainly garbage time to try to prove that he was an underrated and undervalued QB.  Of course, when the Peterman experiment blew up he was the first to say starting Peterman cost the Bills a playoff spot.  Now with the Bills and Chargers racing for a spot, he's beating that drum again.    If you watched Tyrod play against the Saints the week before, you know that starting Tyrod on the road against a good defense was no guarantee to victory.  But of course, the Barnwell's of the world will lead you to believe he would have made all the difference.  

What irks me most about Barnwell, is that I believe he was some of the national reporter who tried to play the race card in this situation.   Of course, when I called him out on Twitter - he blocked me.  I don't think this decision had anything to do with race, and implying that it does in an attempt to get article views, is digusting

Look it's clear that Tyrod at QB does give the Bills the best chance to win at QB.  The decision to start Peterman was a mistake and it very well could raise red flags over McDermott making a huge error in evaluating the readiness of his talent.  But to paraphrase what Albert Breer of NFL Network said last week, Tyrod's performance on Sunday was the very reason the McDermott benched him earlier in the year.   I can see what McDermott was trying to do.  He wanted better than the meager performance the Bills had been getting at QB under Tyrod, so he took a risk and it backfired.  

The national media's spin on Tyrod is mind boggling.  And this Barnwell guy is the ring leader.    

Edited by BuffaloRush

I honestly couldn't pick him out of the lineup, but that's what national guys do.  They just look for any player who can fit the corporate social issue of the day.   On the heels of Kaepernick, finding a black QB who is oh-so-unappreciated by his team just allows them to write the same crap you can read about any variety of online publications.

Obviously the coaching staff doesn't see Taylor as the future QB and doesn't see their current team as a serious contender, so they wanted to see what their rookie could do.  And of course that infuriated a fan base who only cares about this year.  But why write that when you get more attention trying to stir up 'controversy'.

The lesson, as always, don't watch ESPN before the opening kickoff or after to the final whistle.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

One game left as a bill.       25th in td’s/yards.  

He has to know Tyrod blows.         ESPN loves a good race story though.  

You just don't understand what you're watching.  He's the most valuable member of the offense and everyone else's stats are better because of his incredible decoying!

Oh wait, that's the Magic Sammy line.....

Edited by KD in CA

43 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I honestly couldn't pick him out of the lineup, but that's what national guys do.  They just look for any player who can fit the corporate social issue of the day.   On the heels of Kaepernick, finding a black QB who is oh-so-unappreciated by his team just allows them to write the same crap you can read about any variety of online publications.

Obviously the coaching staff doesn't see Taylor as the future QB and doesn't see their current team as a serious contender, so they wanted to see what their rookie could do.  And of course that infuriated a fan base who only cares about this year.  But why write that when you get more attention trying to stir up 'controversy'.

The lesson, as always, don't watch ESPN before the opening kickoff or after to the final whistle.

Since this coaching staff along with his buddie GM is garbage ; we need to understand why this staff didn't think Dashawn Watson who has proven himself against the best Defense in college two yrs in a row was not on the radar. I know the former GM was in love with him but this coach and Paluga's  wanted a trade down  pertrman was garbage in college that's why he ran to pitt from tennesse.  Now we are going to be chasing garbage QB's forever . Thanks owner for keeping Bills in Buffalo but stay out of personnel  with your choice of Rex over Hugh and Dermett over Lynn  its safe to say you don't know what your doing. Your choices set the franchise back 6yrs   

1 minute ago, liverpoolkev said:

Since this coaching staff along with his buddie GM is garbage ; we need to understand why this staff didn't think Dashawn Watson who has proven himself against the best Defense in college two yrs in a row was not on the radar. I know the former GM was in love with him but this coach and Paluga's  wanted a trade down  pertrman was garbage in college that's why he ran to pitt from tennesse.  Now we are going to be chasing garbage QB's forever . Thanks owner for keeping Bills in Buffalo but stay out of personnel  with your choice of Rex over Hugh and Dermett over Lynn  its safe to say you don't know what your doing. Your choices set the franchise back 6yrs   

Unfortunately, the former GM was a disaster at picking QBs when he was actually here making those decisions, so that's probably why his input was not solicited.  

So are you advocating for another full blow up of the FO and coaching staff?   Maybe that's been the issue -- giving guys 2 or 3 years is just too darn long.

7 hours ago, liverpoolkev said:

whatever, we are on a new process.  looks like 9-7 this year while building a work-first culture, piling up picks, getting younger and dodging cap hell by emptying the WR, DB and LB rooms and trading away a pro bowl DT.   Drafted 4 quality starters last year.   Seems like the process is working so far.   The QB wasn't coming in this year, but it will happen.   It's a process.   Hopefully they'll keep 'zo and Kyle to keep the locker room together.    Take your angst somewhere else.   McBeanes seem to have it right so far

The Chargers game will live on as a great Bills myth. The Chargers are unstoppable when they get hot. Their problem is inconsistency. We got the good Chargers on the day we faced them. TT was not going to win a dual with Rivers. Our defense was also greatly struggling at the time. The game that might ruin our playoff hopes was the Jets game. A playoff team has to win that one. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

The Chargers game will live on as a great Bills myth. The Chargers are unstoppable when they get hot. Their problem is inconsistency. We got the good Chargers on the day we faced them. TT was not going to win a dual with Rivers. Our defense was also greatly struggling at the time. The game that might ruin our playoff hopes was the Jets game. A playoff team has to win that one. 

Does this make you feel better?