A Special Place In Hell For Guys Like This

boyst

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Breeders tend to think of dogs as property, not pets. That's why all of our pets come from shelters. Never buy from a breeder.

We just fostered an Australian Shepherd mix after our dog passed away in September.  Interestingly, I learned that many of the shelter dogs here in VT are shipped up from the Carolinas.  Our dog spent her first couple years in South Carolina.  Apparently, a lot of “high kill” shelters down there.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

We just fostered an Australian Shepherd mix after our dog passed away in September.  Interestingly, I learned that many of the shelter dogs here in VT are shipped up from the Carolinas.  Our dog spent her first couple years in South Carolina.  Apparently, a lot of “high kill” shelters down there.

our county has a kill shelter.  they get visits from around the country to pick up animals to save.  they end up killing most of the pit mixes because no one wants them, and they're quite efficient.  they are usually beyond capacity and they do their best but it is sad to see the photos they post where it says "last day 12/29" meaning they put it down 12:30.

i just don't get why so many people down here think it's ok not to fix their animals and just let them run loose in the country.

localities down here are just now banning tethering laws and enforcing them.  not to mention making sure dogs have shelter that is adequate for the conditions.