Sammy who?

SJDK

4 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't want to put words in their mouth, but my response to that would be if they are good enough for playoff bound, talented teams, then why are they not good enough for the bills to retain?

I hope you are right! 

Apparently, the way we were constituted wasn't the answer. This front office identified them as expendable. They took the "temperature" of the room. Darby wasn't a scheme fit, no biggie, it happens. He gets traded. Sammy and MD? Very talented players who either didn't buy in or gave reason they didn't want to be here - whether through words, actions or play.

They were moved out. As I see it, good move. 

Fact remains, we're closer - now - to a playoff spot than we ever were with these individually talented players - together. 

22 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

The premise that , we would have been in the playoffs is ludicrous IMO. The coaches knew in preseason that Sammy was just interested in playing for Sammy and probably would not have resigned with the Bill's. Dareus , they got their fill of him in the games he "played" in. Darby was not a fit in Buffalo because of the Zone defense. We are in the position to possibly be in the playoffs because we traded these players . if we had not , i i think we would be 6 -10.

The HO and Coach basically gave up on the Bills in the preseason and sold some fans as to how bad the team would be coming off 3 okay seasons.  

As said like all skill players playing on non playoff teams all they worry about are their #'s and their next contract.

Watkins would have made a difference without a doubt.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The HO and Coach basically gave up on the Bills in the preseason and sold some fans as to how bad the team would be coming off 3 okay seasons.  

As said like all skill players playing on non playoff teams all they worry about are their #'s and their next contract.

Watkins would have made a difference without a doubt.

My thoughts exactly , all players playing on non playoff teams worry about their own numbers, which is why they are non playoff teams

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO!!!

If you think Sammy and LaFell are comparable players then thank you, I now know not to spend time reading any of your posts.  Sammy is light years more talented than LaFell.  Sammy was NOT injury prone, he got dinged up a little early and then the bulk of his issue was one long lingering injury that he fully recovered from and has played every game this year.  WR's get dinged up...guys who are SUBSTANTIALLY more injury Prone than Sammy have been Juilo Jones, OBJ, etc.  

Sammy played on an awful offense as a rookie with Kyle Orton and EJ.  Then spent next two years on a run first team, with terrible coaching, and battled the foot issue (something thats NEVER reoccurred in any player in NFL history once fully recovered from).  This year he is on a run first team LOADED with weapons at WR and TE and still has a lot of TD's.  

So, sorry...this is about as ridiculous a comparison I have ever seen.  Sammy is superior to LaFell in every way...faster, better hands, better Redzone target, better route runner, better catch radius, better big play guy, etc.  You were absolutely wrong then and you are absolutely wrong now.  But I get it, you want to cherry pick right now while you still can where the time missed really hurt Sammys stats because in another year or two Sammys stats will be substantially greater than LaFell who isn't even a quality starter in the this league.

This board cracks me up with this stuff.  Its like some of you dont even watch games.

You are correct that he has more physical gifts and talent but at the end of the day those two players have similar production. Most of Sammy not living up to his potential is that he has kept going out there when injured instead of healing. I said injury prone which he is. I didn’t ever say he was prone to missing a bunch of games. The touchdowns that he has had in this mediocre season are due primarily to the presence of Todd Gurley and the other weapons and definitely not the other way around. OBJ blows Sammy out of the water by the way. That simple fact can be seen from watching football games. Real number ones catch the ball no matter who is covering. Antonio Brown, Julio, OBJ for example.

2 minutes ago, SJDK said:

You are correct that he has more physical gifts and talent but at the end of the day those two players have similar production. Most of Sammy not living up to his potential is that he has kept going out there when injured instead of healing. I said injury prone which he is. I didn’t ever say he was prone to missing a bunch of games. The touchdowns that he has had in this mediocre season are due primarily to the presence of Todd Gurley and the other weapons and definitely not the other way around. OBJ blows Sammy out of the water by the way. That simple fact can be seen from watching football games. Real number ones catch the ball no matter who is covering. Antonio Brown, Julio, OBJ for example.

You simply do not know what you're talking about.  

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You simply do not know what you're talking about.  

I know that Todd Gurley requires a lot of attention and Sammy isn’t making the best of it. I also know that Woods is making the best of it. Woods was the bigger loss this off season.

Just now, SJDK said:

I know that Todd Gurley requires a lot of attention and Sammy isn’t making the best of it. I also know that Woods is making the best of it. Woods was the bigger loss this off season.

You continue to show just how much you don't know. If you were watching Rams' games you'd know that Watkins is covered on a weekly basis by the opposition #1CB often with safety help that created opportunities for others.  

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You continue to show just how much you don't know. If you were watching Rams' games you'd know that Watkins is covered on a weekly basis by the opposition #1CB often with safety help that created opportunities for others.  

You seem to not realize that every #1 receiver gets that attention. If you watched more games you’d see that. Sammy just doesn’t make the plays a lot of number 1 receivers make.

1 minute ago, SJDK said:

You seem to not realize that every #1 receiver gets that attention. If you watched more games you’d see that. Sammy just doesn’t make the plays a lot of number 1 receivers make.

You don't watch Rams' games, I can tell that much. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You didn't know that Sammy has played in every game this season, so I doubt that. 

Not my fault he’s had 1 catch or less in 4/15 games this year. He gets erased because he can’t get open enough like the top tier guys can

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

You must not either cuz Bobby Woods has been a bigger, more consistent part of the offense all year. 

I watch Sammy draw the assignment of the #1 CB with safety help each week that opens up the underneath throws for Woods and Kupp by matchup, formation, and route combinations.  Maybe you watch, but you fail to understand that. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I watch Sammy draw the assignment of the #1 CB with safety help each week that opens up the underneath throws for Woods and Kupp by matchup, formation, and route combinations.  Maybe you watch, but you fail to understand that. 

Oh yeah the “decoy” argument. Nice. Too bad no other WR in the league has to deal with those impossible circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SJDK said:

Total ??.    Tell me what Todd Gurley did last year when he averaged 1.5 yards less a carry.  Sammy/Woods/OL additions have made that team insanely well rounded 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Correct.   My mans not being truthful due to agenda/vendetta. 

Oh yeah the “decoy” argument. Nice. Too bad no other WR in the league has to deal with those impossible circumstances. 

12-4 without Sammy too huh ???‍♂️??‍♂️

If it takes 5 years and multiple 1st & 2nd round picks to get 8 tds, I think you’re insane to want that. But to each his own...

He plays for the Rams in a great system, so I'm not sure what the Bills spent has to do with the discussion at hand.  BTW he had 15 TDs in his 1st two seasons in Buffalo with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod as his QBs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1