The mother of all crocodiles....

Oh, now you know more about crocs than Jim McNally!!!!

I am going to count on our braintrust to put this croc in the best position to succeed and that would ensure that they would keep Williams out of sight.  I am worried about Sam Adams however.

266957[/snapback]

You're damn right, just because I ain't on staff doesn't mean I'm not as good as any of these schmoes at evaluating talent.

And just how would you suggest keeping Mike Williams at RT and out of sight of our new LT? At least with my plan, we wouldn't have to worry about Mike's phat contract OR any further teammate meals.

You're damn right, just because I ain't on staff doesn't mean I'm not as good as any of these schmoes at evaluating talent.

And just how would you suggest keeping Mike Williams at RT and out of sight of our new LT? At least with my plan, we wouldn't have to worry about Mike's phat contract OR any further teammate meals.

266968[/snapback]

Who is that in your avatar? Keep in mind that I am ancient... :D

Who is that in your avatar? Keep in mind that I am ancient... :D

266970[/snapback]

It's from a picture of our President's Best Friend, I think from Yahoo or something.

Uh, oh.....

Dolphins | Man-Eating Croc To Visit - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:45:03 -0800

Bob Crockchow, of the Miami Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins will meet with the 16-foot man-eating croc from Uganda, provided the croc promises not to eat anyone in the front office.

COME ON, TD! GET ON THE BALL! DON'T LET YET SOMEONE ELSE PASS US BY!!!!! I WANT THE CROC AND I WANT HIM NOW!

Uh, oh.....

COME ON, TD!  GET ON THE BALL!  DON'T LET YET SOMEONE ELSE PASS US BY!!!!!  I WANT THE CROC AND I WANT HIM NOW!

267019[/snapback]

And sign him to a long term contract NOW. I can see it already, we sign the croc, he goes all-pro (except for the holding penalties) and he will be an unrestricted free agent and will walk because friggin Donohoe does not know how to negotiate.

I don't care if the croc is over 60. That is one tough mother croc.

266968[/snapback]

I would just love to see the line look like this Giant Man- Eating Croc, Tucker, Teague, Villarel, Williams.

Plus McGahee is from Miami so he knows about running behind Man-Eating Crocs. Hope the Dolfags don't get him just because Donohoe is being an Assclown.

Let's see, the croc ate 83 people, figure a cat weighs 8 pounds, average person is maybe 175, so that's 22 cats/person.  Damn, that croc has eaten the equivalent of 1826 cats.

267086[/snapback]

If you listen to the people here, though, the average person (at least on TBD) weighs about 250. <_<

Lookit this sumbeech...

266864[/snapback]

My parents live in Bonita Springs, FL and there is this place "Lester Piper's Everglades Wondergarden" where they had an 18' Florida crocodile until it finally keeled this past year. That thing was nearly 100 years old, but they'd poke him in the head with a broomstick and that sucker would come off the ball like Sam Adams. He was captured in the 1930's when the park first opened and was there ever since. That croc made the maneater look a wee bit small. Bills Bar "Buffalo Chips" is just a couple blocks up the street.

Good lord this story scared the bejesus out of me. From http://www.sanybel.com/everglades_wonder_gardens.htm:

“My scariest episode happened inside the large pen that held about thirty adult American crocodiles.  A section of concrete from the slanted bottom of the pen had been undermined by leaking water and collapsed during the night. So, early this morning the entire Gardens crew pitched in and got repairs underway.  After the new concrete slab was poured and finished I was assigned to remain in the pen and keep the crocodiles away with a long, wooden pole until the concrete set-up.  It so happened that the dominant male crocodile in the enclosure was a fourteen-foot-long brute that Lester had named Ironhead.  His snout was much broader than that of a typical American crocodile and he had a menacing appearance.  He was tough, too.  I watched helplessly once while he disemboweled a smaller crocodile before any of us could break up the fight.   

"I had taken a book about wild cats with me into the pen to pass the time. Every so often, I’d glance up from reading, and have to get up and tap some croc on the snout with the pole a few times to back it off to keep them at the far end of the pen and away from me and the wet concrete. This continued through the day, while I waited for the cement to harden to a point the crocs wouldn’t damage the finish.  I was really into the book, when all of a sudden the hair on the back of my head felt funny — it was literally standing up.  I glanced up, focused, and looked into the glaring brown eyes of Ironhead.  He was only inches away and standing on all fours. The bull croc with the bad reputation had quietly sneaked up on me and was staring at me with his mouth partly open.  I reacted instantly and pushed myself away.  After gaining my feet, I slammed his head with the heavy pole to divert his attention, then climbed the ladder that led out of the pen to reach safety.  Not too long after that day, Lester decided to isolate Ironhead.  We roped and hauled him into a smaller enclosure after my scary experience. The last time I saw him, years later on a trip to the Wonder Gardens to visit Lester, Ironhead was still in solitary confinement. To this day, I get chills when I think of that close call.

Actually while that may be a big croc for Uganda, there are salt water crocs in northern Australia that are bigger.  And in prehistoric times there were much much bigger crocs.

267205[/snapback]

I'd feel much better being eaten by a really BIG suitcase with teeth, as opposed to that "wanna be" Ugandan... <_<

I think we're all suffering from lake-effect snow.  <_<

267214[/snapback]

Actually, here near Albany it is more of a Nor'easter.

But that does not negate the need for a big mean croc to anchor the left side of the line.

C'mon, Dwight Freeny, bring it on. Do you have the quickness to get around this guy?