Hot Take: 2018 Quarterback

elijah

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The decision to bench Tyrod has far greater meaning than Peterman’s performance.

And pulling that plug on Peterman so quickly and going back to "Tyrod is our starter" rather than the "Tyrod is our starter this week" also has meaning.

I don't know what you think I'm arguing. McBeane is looking to replace Taylor, but Peterman isn't that replacement, which is why I think there's a good chance Taylor is still a Bill next year.

4 hours ago, Bills757 said:

And what McD found out is that his Oline blows.  Not saying Taylor is the answer but it’s glaringly obvious the Oline needs to be addressed and addressed quickly.  

If Coach McDermott didn't know that after the Jets and Saints games, heaven help us.

That and we already knew the kid can't handle pressure.

Rookie HC mistake

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

But was the end result that much different?    

We'll never know.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

so.. yes it is Nate's fault. but read my post and I blame McDermott 100%. It was the dumbest move I've never seen before. Name me another time such a boneheaded move was made lol.

Benching your starting QB (that you went 10-5 with in the regular season) in a playoff game was dumber.

But Coach MCDermott's decision was close.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

That 10 million is A LOT of cap room for a team with so many needs.  That is my point.  Why spend that additional money on what we already know is a below-average to average QB?  Draft one early, bring in a cheap vet, and keep Peterman around.  It’s common sense man!  Jeez....

....guess that means we don't take the bait and sign Cousins for 30+ mil, right?......that would leave a $29.95 Earl Scheib paint job left to fill a "couple of holes (COUGH)".....

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think the fact that Peterman started a game this season while Tyrod was healthy is a pretty good indication that they’re going to go in a different direction.

Yeah, at the position long term, not necessarily for a 2018 season where they still have a vet QB who could serve as a bridge to our new Franchise QB under contract!

2 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Answering your own question in your own head is why you think you are always right.   You stated that the Bills will be sitting pretty if Nate did not start the chargers games, I stated they would be sitting pretty if we had a QB for 3 other games.......calm down, control your blind love for 3 and out, and rethink when you reply.

We WOULD be sitting pretty even WITH the Chargers Nate Pickerman debacle if you know who had caught you know what vs the Carolina Camsters.

It's not just on the QB. Everyone has to do thier job.

21 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I disagree.  This team has won because of it's defense in most games. Besides the three game skid, the defense has given up an average of 15 points a game.  Those are a lot of winnable games.

Well gee, isn't this a fun game?

Besides the two games (which were actually basically 2 separate halves) Taylor has been most crucified for (the two sub 100 yard games), Taylor has a Passer Rating of 95.6 and has actually averaged 200 yards passing per game and the team has gone 7-3.

See how ridiculous that little exercise is? :flirt:

25 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Because we have no one better on the team now, doesn't mean we can't easily go out in the offseason and upgrade.

Easily, huh? :lol:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We WOULD be sitting pretty even WITH the Chargers Nate Pickerman debacle if you know who had caught you know what vs the Carolina Camsters.

It's not just on the QB. Everyone has to do thier job.

so he dropped passes agaisnt the saints and NE and was the only reciever on the field? Come on. Just the fact that people nit pick one drop from a wr and ignore an entire game of bad passes says alot. 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How much would have changed with TT starting and losing?

Nate screwed the pooch and gets the blame ? %. 

But was the end result that much different?    

Mighta been different... we don't know because what actually happened was that Not Ready Nate was thrust in against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL behind an OL that became exposed as one of the worst pass blocking OLs in the NFL when they were left without a Houdini escape artist to make up for their mistakes.

As for the result being different... can't say because I can't see into alternate realities, but I'm 100% sure Taylor wouldn't have thrown 5 picks in the first half and we wouldn't have been down 30 going into the half.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Besides the two games (which were actually basically 2 separate halves) Taylor has been most crucified for (the two sub 100 yard games), Taylor has a Passer Rating of 95.6 and has actually averaged 200 yards passing per game and the team has gone 7-4.

In the other 11 games this year, the defense has given up an average of 15.5 points a game.  That's easily in the top 5.  They have kept us in a lot of games this year. If we can build on the defenses performance in those 11 games, yeah we're looking solid on that side.  The offense has been a mess all year haha.  Those three games we were crap on all three phases besides a few nice plays in garbage time.  The defense caused a lot of turnovers at the beginning of the year that helped us win against teams like Atlanta and in other games.  They held KC to 10 and Miami to 16 in must win games...I'd say that's pretty darn good.  Yeah those three games sucked but other than that, that side of the ball is the reason we've been in almost every game.

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Besides the two games (which were actually basically 2 separate halves) Taylor has been most crucified for (the two sub 100 yard games), Taylor has a Passer Rating of 95.6 and has actually averaged 200 yards passing per game and the team has gone 7-3.

Easily, huh? :lol:

Yep.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

In the other 11 games this year, the defense has given up an average of 15.5 points a game.  That's easily in the top 5.  They have kept us in a lot of games this year. If we can build on the defenses performance in those 11 games, yeah we're looking solid on that side.  The offense has been a mess all year haha.  Those three games we were crap on all three phases besides a few nice plays in garbage time.  The defense caused a lot of turnovers at the beginning of the year that helped us win against teams like Atlanta and in other games.  They held KC to 10 and Miami to 16 in must win games...I'd say that's pretty darn good.  Yeah those three games sucked but other than that, that side of the ball is the reason we've been in almost every game.

Oh no, another person that sees the BIG picture.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes it means that the HC is prone to making bone headed miscalculations just like he did with his decision to punt in OT against the Colts. 

Desperation makes a man do crazy things

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And pulling that plug on Peterman so quickly and going back to "Tyrod is our starter" rather than the "Tyrod is our starter this week" also has meaning.

I don't know what you think I'm arguing. McBeane is looking to replace Taylor, but Peterman isn't that replacement, which is why I think there's a good chance Taylor is still a Bill next year.

Well I’m sure if Peterman didn’t completely crap the bed and instead gave us comperable production then he’d still be starting. It didn’t work so we went to the obvious less sucky and safer option to maintain our playoff chances.

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Well I’m sure if Peterman didn’t completely crap the bed and instead gave us comperable production then he’d still be starting. It didn’t work so we went to the obvious less sucky and safer option to maintain our playoff chances.

Yeah, but he did crap the bed. He gave us the WORST performance by a QB since the AFL/NFL merger.

And no, it wasn't all his fault. A lot of blame goes on the OL, which is precisely the point I'm making.

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah, but he did crap the bed. He gave us the WORST performance by a QB since the AFL/NFL merger.

And no, it wasn't all his fault. A lot of blame goes on the OL, which is precisely the point I'm making.

This is were things get messy, 53 yards vs the saints and 65 vs NE is crapping the bed as well but yet TT remains the starter and he is a 7 year vet but a rookie only get 2 quarters.... 

3 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I have to disagree with your last statmant only because there are cheap vets that can easily match and beat TTS numbers, he is really not that great out side of not throwing INTs.

Like who? Give me some names of these cheap vets.

Edited by reddogblitz

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Like who? Give me some names of these cheap vets.

I agree with this.  There'll be three options that might hit the market that could give the same (maybe higher) level of play as Tyrod, thsoe three being Kirk, Alex Smith and Eli Manning. 

All three of which will demand more money than Tyrod. 

13 minutes ago, elijah said:

I agree with this.  There'll be three options that might hit the market that could give the same (maybe higher) level of play as Tyrod, thsoe three being Kirk, Alex Smith and Eli Manning. 

All three of which will demand more money than Tyrod. 

Those three are not cheap vets and TT is no where near that level of QB play.   McCown, Foles, Fitz. Those are cheap Vets that will easily beat his numbers and throw more ints as well. 

And i think i read TT would be due 18 mill next year, McCown signed a 1 year deal for 6. 

Edited by CircleTheWagons99